2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Enjoying the afterglow of the Patriots. My sense is that Geno is a strong enough coach to win with players that fit his system, similar to Belichick. While I love gaining the recruiting battle most years for the #1 player, got to believe there are other recruits out there that could win championships based on Geno working them into the UConn system.

Reactions: MTC
Reaction Score
and from that list are you saying that not one was deemed good enough or not one of those recruits would have accepted a UConn offer? What are the odds of UConn finding a grad student or juco transfer better then one of those players?

The bottom line is what's done is done...all I can say is that .I hope that UConn's 2020 recruiting haul is so overwhelming that I will never have to discuss the subject again...

We all hope for this. For a number of reasons. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So now we’re competing with USF for players:confused: Just joking. Oregon becoming very international.

Reaction Score
So now we’re competing with USF for players:confused: Just joking. Oregon becoming very international.

I think that's the one area where Geno can probably learn a thing or two from Jose..............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't know Muhl, but she was 0-27 from three in the two international tournaments she played in.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nika Muhl I see you. I love that number (10) on a PG, always have. Giddy over the defense. Looks like the already deep pool of 2020 PGs just got deeper.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It does look like Geno may be casting a larger net in 2020.
Was looking at her bio. DOB is 9 April 2001 per FIBA. By American standards Nika would be class of 2019. Just maybe she in a UCONN uniform next season.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
(2001) Nika Muhl – Croatia

Muhl is still starring for Tresnjevka 2009 who remain the leaders in the Croatian League and she recently underlined her vast potential and skill set as she recorded her first triple-double with 13 points, 17 rebounds and 10 assists! She is averaging more than 13 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists per game in the Adriatic League arguably the most highly performing player on our list (ignoring arguments over levels of leagues) and is not too far behind that productivity in the Croatia League.

European rising stars still punching hard into 2018 with club teams - Bluestar Media

Nika Muhl (PG, 2001, Croatia)

The moment everybody knew would happen rather sooner than later is here: Nika Mühl received her first call with the Croatian NT at just 17. Even if she doesn’t make the final cut, the experience she will gain from participating to the camp can only be beneficial for her development. The do-it-all teen sensation, known for posting triple and even quadruple doubles on a regular basis at youth level, shines in both Croatian and WABA leagues so far this season with Tresnjevka 2009. In the Adriatic League, after three games, she has already posted twice 11 assists and leads the competition with 10,3 apg! This NT call should come as great motivation for the talented and ambitious PG whose name we will see many more times on the Croatian roster in the future.

8 rising stars to follow in the #EuroBasketWomen 2019 Qualifiers window - Bluestar Media

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
More recent video of Muhl:

She is definitely a UCONN lean based on the Bria Hartley theory of scientific synergy. I've seen her list everywhere from 5'9" to 6'0". Really impressive rebound numbers for her size.

Reaction Score
Very nice. Non stop motor, good ball handler, fearless going to the hole. And a pain in the ass on D. That defense alone is good enough to play at UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hmm, just found out Jasmine Lister follows Muhl's Instagram feed.

Anyone wanna know who else JL is following? It's verrrring interesting.

Reaction Score
Hmm, just found out Jasmine Lister follows Muhl's Instagram feed.

Anyone wanna know who else JL is following? It's verrrring interesting.
If you can’t post it here you can PM me. Thanks.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If you can’t post it here you can PM me. Thanks.

I'm not sure why it'd be a problem to mention who she publicly follows on Instagram. If it is the mods will delete I'm sure.

Lots of current and former UConn players, basketball scouts like Chris Hansen and Prentice Beverly, and quite a few players connected to her past haunts at Washington and Vanderbilt.

Okay, the fun stuff starting with familiar names including some thought to no longer be UConn targets (and maybe they aren't.)

Paige Bueckers, Azzi Fudd, Amari DeBerry, Saylor Poffenbarger, Aubrey Griffin, Dalayah Daniels, Sarah Andrews, Natalija Marshall, Maddie Burke, and Kylee Watson.

Two new names, one I'm familiar with and one international too which I'll mention in the next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom