2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTC

Reaction Score
I wasn't referring to Geno or his recruiting style at all. MTC was saynig that the list of traits that someone posted was unrealistic and then went on to list most of those traits as what Geno should go out and find. MTC can't have it both ways.
Yes, the list wast unrealistic and I'm sure doesn't define Geno. It basically said that the player and her parents had to pass a Uconn screening. It was way over the top.

MTC

Reaction Score
I would have to say this shooter was definitely disrespected by getting her shot roofed.

Reaction Score

if she was playing against some terribly over matched competition and she did it all game long that would be offensive................one emphatic block, not a big deal as far as I'm concerned................the other team seemed to enjoy it.............

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
if she was playing against some terribly over matched competition and she did it all game long that would be offensive......one emphatic block, not a big deal as far as I'm concerned......the other team seemed to enjoy it...
Yea, I'm kinda missing what's disrespectful. ???

It seemed to go off the shooters head. Which IS kinda funny. Even her own players were giggling.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Pretty sure disrespectful in this case is just another way of saying the play was of high quality, like saying a play was "sick" or "nasty." There's no negative connotation meant. It's a compliment in sports slang.

For instance, here's an article about the most "disrespectful" dunks in the NBA a couple years ago:

The 2017-18 Disrespectful Dunk Index Returns

Reaction Score
Pretty sure disrespectful in this case is just another way of saying the play was of high quality, like saying a play was "sick" or "nasty." There's no negative connotation meant. It's sports slang, in other words.

For instance, here's an article about the most "disrespectful" dunks in the NBA a couple years ago:

that's bad.........I mean good bad........:(

Reactions: MTC

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
1/18

Sonia Citron: 20 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks

Hailey Van Lith: 35 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 6 steals

Saylor Poffenbarger: 25 points

Paige Bueckers: 26 points
Every once in a while we have to tell Sluconn how grateful we are for his efforts in keeping us apprised regarding high school women's basketball talent. Thank you.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Every once in a while we have to tell Sluconn how grateful we are for his efforts in keeping us apprised regarding high school women's basketball talent. Thank you.

Thank you for the kind words. It's one of my favorite hobbies.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the kind words. It's one of my favorite hobbies.

You do a fantastic job indeed.....................I don't want to become too much of a fan of any of them because they may end up playing for a UConn rival............I just wish a few of these outstanding young players would give UConn a verbal OK already so we could relax and really enjoy their skills

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/19

Paige Bueckers scored 25 points in a 50-pt Hopkins win Saturday.

Sonia Citron: 26 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pretty sure disrespectful in this case is just another way of saying the play was of high quality, like saying a play was "sick" or "nasty." There's no negative connotation meant. It's a compliment in sports slang.

Yea, but his tweet doesn't come across that way.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yea, but his tweet doesn't come across that way.

I think he's trying to be tongue-in-cheek, maybe didn't confer it well. That block was almost cartoonish in it's force. Even the opposing team's bench was laughing and smiling if you watch closely. If he meant it seriously, he's a weirdo.

Reaction Score
I think he's trying to be tongue-in-cheek, maybe didn't confer it well. That block was almost cartoonish in it's force. Even the opposing team's bench was laughing and smiling if you watch closely. If he meant it seriously, he's a weirdo.

well who cares either way.................I'm more concerned with what the UConn folks think if they look at such things............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Taylor Bigby scored 17 points Saturday (1/19).

Azzi Fudd scored 24 points Friday (1/18).

Reaction Score
I think PB will end up at Norte Dame and Hailey V will end up at Oregon State. Fudd will end up at ND to. UCONN has to land at least 2 bigs... this year has not been a typical UCONN team and next year will be even worse my guess will be at least 5 losses and they may finally drop a conference game. If Geno doesn’t bring in any grad transfers or international players UCONN is in trouble... go 8 deep and we all know how our bench now is... Boston was a huge loss!!!! Just curious what’s up with recruiting lately?? Seems like a lot of the kids coming out of high school don’t want to play for UCONN!! Look at the other top programs they all have depth and always seem to sign top players Year in and year out!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think PB will end up at Norte Dame and Hailey V will end up at Oregon State. Fudd will end up at ND to. UCONN has to land at least 2 bigs... this year has not been a typical UCONN team and next year will be even worse my guess will be at least 5 losses and they may finally drop a conference game. If Geno doesn’t bring in any grad transfers or international players UCONN is in trouble... go 8 deep and we all know how our bench now is... Boston was a huge loss!!!! Just curious what’s up with recruiting lately?? Seems like a lot of the kids coming out of high school don’t want to play for UCONN!! Look at the other top programs they all have depth and always seem to sign top players Year in and year out!!!
Wow! 5 loses next year.
1547994500759.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ok @Charlieball I'll bite. Let's assume for a second that @meyers7 criterium are correct because they are:
  • Talented
  • Hard worker
  • Team player
  • Coachable
  • Non-intrusive parents
  • Fits in with current players
  • Interested in UCONN
Which one of these "boxes are you suggesting that UCONN should compromise on?
Hopefully you realize that it is a compromise because these have always been non-negotiable when it comes to UCONN recruiting because of the impact on the team as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom