2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Take it for what it is worth but I heard Mingo Young is in contact with Alabama, Ole Miss and Tulane right now. She would prefer to stay in the southern region

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Take it for what it is worth but I heard Mingo Young is in contact with Alabama, Ole Miss and Tulane right now. She would prefer to stay in the southern region
Coach Yo would LOVE her, both are very fiery. I think she'd do well there.

Reaction Score
Transfer portal has gotta be a weird experience for coaches. For years they would follow HS kids, do the dance, get to know, and then decide to offer or not. Now it’s like shotgun weddings. Players suddenly become available and you might have to act very quickly. Yes you have a better sense of performance based on their first college, but chemistry and personality are being evaluated on the fly. Could be a problem down the road.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Transfer portal has gotta be a weird experience for coaches. For years they would follow HS kids, do the dance, get to know, and then decide to offer or not. Now it’s like shotgun weddings. Players suddenly become available and you might have to act very quickly. Yes you have a better sense of performance based on their first college, but chemistry and personality are being evaluated on the fly. Could be a problem down the road.

For a lot of programs the ability to recruit transfers is as important if not more important than recruiting HS players. I mean look at A&M, Maryland, Arizona, and Oregon as examples of programs who have multiple starters who transferred in. Almost every high profile program has at least one impact transfer on the roster aside from Stanford.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'd love to see her stay in the SEC. I enjoyed watching her and think she could be an impact player.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This transfer portal has to be killing the 2022 and 2023 kids (and their coaches).

There are some good ones in the portal and as the season draws near more high profile will be added.

A rumor going around suggests that Texas is expected to get a big transfer. Some say Rickea Jackson but my money is on Carter unless they follow Harris to wherever she goes (assuming she takes a HC job).

Reaction Score
Weaver didn’t play but Mason got 20 minutes this year and with all those seniors leaving, she probably could have had a significant role.
Perhaps, but she is practically engaged to Kevin Richardson, former Hog football player and now GA in the U of Illinois football program. They’ve been apart for a couple years, and they are looking to be more settled. I expect Mason to land somewhere Illinois-adjacent. Great kid. (So is Weaver, fwiw.)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
A rumor going around suggests that Texas is expected to get a big transfer. Some say Rickea Jackson but my money is on Carter unless they follow Harris to wherever she goes (assuming she takes a HC job).
It's definitely rumor season.

Is this where you saw it, or something else?

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I assume Lambert is not sticking around?
So you've got 10 returning + 3 frosh + 1 juco ?
Lambert participated in Senior day, and has indicated she is moving on; I hope she changes her mind.

Signed 2 JUCOs in November, in addition to the three high school seniors. Like any program, there is some expected attrition; but, it's all speculation at this point.

Reaction Score
oop :eek:

Attachments

• 5C1D0BDB-D9A5-4C03-8C94-E4F2EE4259CB.png
    5C1D0BDB-D9A5-4C03-8C94-E4F2EE4259CB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 246

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lambert participated in Senior day, and has indicated she is moving on; I hope she changes her mind.

Signed 2 JUCOs in November, in addition to the three high school seniors. Like any program, there is some expected attrition; but, it's all speculation at this point.

Man.... she has been in college for 6 years... will have 3 degrees (i presume) ain't that enough ??? :cool:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

I think Carter is better for you guys mostly because Vic always wanted her at the 4 and she could finally get that spot next year with Ebo as center. I think Texas has more players at Rickea's position, or maybe it's just personally I would rather Rickea stay.... lol. Realistically either Jess or Rickea is probably gone.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I think Carter is better for you guys mostly because Vic always wanted her at the 4 and she could finally get that spot next year with Ebo as center. I think Texas has more players at Rickea's position, or maybe it's just personally I would rather Rickea stay.... lol. Realistically either Jess or Rickea is probably gone.
I'm right there with you. Jessika Carter (if she ends up transferring out of MSU) is at the top of my wishlist based on roster needs. I would also like to land an experience PG transfer to replace Lambert. Of course, if Rickea wanted to come, you don't turn down a future pro.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

I got it from an AAU coach but that doesn’t mean he didn't get it from there.

Reaction Score
This transfer portal has to be killing the 2022 and 2023 kids (and their coaches).

There are some good ones in the portal and as the season draws near more high profile will be added.

Not only these classes, but those who reclassified from 2020 to 2021 / 2021 to 2022 (I took your first sense to reference genuine 2022 recruits). That just increases the number of HS kids who may not get the opportunity they're hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom