2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 78 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Big update here on Raykwon Anderson. We are in the lead, but he is still doing a lot of thinking. Might visit App St or others this January. Wants to be a slot receiver (yes!).

Speedy Peach State WR names a leader, but still weighing options

“This is the most difficult thing I’ve ever dealt with,” Anderson told 247Sports. “It’s hard to choose. I was going to sign with UNC on the 19th of December, but there was a coaching change, and a lot of things changed.”

UConn currently leads for Anderson, the country’s No. 1,140 overall prospect in the 2019 recruiting cycle. Anderson took an official visit to UConn on Dec. 14.

“I really like everything about it. Right now, UConn is my top school,” Anderson said. “I have a good relationship with all the coaches, and they’ve been recruiting me for a year.”

Hard to believe he's 5'9" and only 167 from the look of his body. He's thick and so fast he'd be a star here. He should know who Krajewski is so I hope the coaches are hyping that connection. So many schools have guys with his speed it kills us.
My guess is he wants closer to home from some of his comments and it'll be hard to come all the way to UConn, especially when he says academics are important and he has fine academic institutions like App St and UCF after him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm just going to put this here because I wonder what this all really means for pocket passer prospect David Summers. Does this all mean Locksley and CO want to do RPO? Something to watch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
While we wait for our DC, a JUCO DL with 3 years of eligibility who hails from MA gets another offer. Our staff started following him a few weeks ago, but doesnt appear we have offered just yet.

New update - Buffalo offered this afternoon as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm just going to put this here because I wonder what this all really means for pocket passer prospect David Summers. Does this all mean Locksley and CO want to do RPO? Something to watch.

Oops... Locksley got Harbaugh'd

Chris Vannini @ChrisVannini 3 minutes ago
BREAKING: Alabama co-OC/WR coach Josh Gattis will be the offensive coordinator at Michigan, sources tell me and @BruceFeldmanCFB.

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte @Joseph_Duarte 40 minutes ago
New Houston coach Dana Holgorsen says he is in the process of "evaluating" the 14-member signing class. He says he would not stand in way if some signees want to opt out of national letters of intent.
Joseph Duarte @Joseph_Duarte 38 minutes ago
Dana Holgorsen on signing class: "If those guys want to opt out of their NLIs because they don't like me, then I'm not going to stop that no matter who they are. We have to evaluate who they are." He adds that if a signee is not going to fit system/style "I'm going to be honest."
Joseph Duarte‏ @Joseph_Duarte Jan 7
New Houston coach Dana Holgorsen said he plans to bring signees to Houston in the next 3 to 4 days to "meet and get to know them and see if it's a fit."
Was set to enroll early @ UH... Followed by DDC:

Reaction Score
Michigan is going to have a lock on NJ recruiting between Partridge and Campanile (not that they were struggling to start with...).

Reaction Score
Hard to believe he's 5'9" and only 167 from the look of his body. He's thick and so fast he'd be a star here. He should know who Krajewski is so I hope the coaches are hyping that connection. So many schools have guys with his speed it kills us.
My guess is he wants closer to home from some of his comments and it'll be hard to come all the way to UConn, especially when he says academics are important and he has fine academic institutions like App St and UCF after him.

Sadly and Ominously he has removed the UConn logo from his Twitter profile where it has been since the early signing period, now it is just black. I hope that means nothing, his highlight tape was Super Impressive - he could be a Stefan Diggs type of feature guy for us. He also seems like a very grounded high character kid. I wish him the best wherever he ends up, and hope it is with the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Taking a look at the recruits that have decommitted since Christmas, there are a bunch of players HCRE needs to add tot he shopping list. Not sure about our chances with these guys so if anyone has insight that would be awesome.

Levi Williams PRO Spring Branch, TX .8464 Houston Decommit
Jaylin Bannerman SDE/OLB JUCO, AZ .8500 UTEP Decommit but from Ohio
Josh Slay OLB Douglasville, GA N/A Furman Decommit visiting UMass end of Jan
Luring Paialii ILB Valencia, CA .8236 Fresno State Decommit
Zaylin Wood SDE Bowdon, GA .8383 Temple Decommit
Moezies Telfort OLB Fort Lauderdale, FL .8366 Georgia State Decommit
Gyasi Mattison ATH Nashville, TN .8484 Memphis Decommit

I like Levi's playing ability and unless we pick up a strong transfer it could be good to have him in the stable in red shirt.

Bannerman....getting him out of that JUCO in AZ can open up some western recruiting and we need to beef up our defense.

Slay....cool name to see on a UConn uniform and it would be a target of opportunity with him going up to Mass.

Paialii & Wood....good enough for Fresno State and Temple at one point and I like what I saw in the videos but then again I do not watch many high school videos.

Telfort...to me, recruiting in FL...taking recruits from USF, UCF, or FAU is a plus in my book.

Mattison...this guy wants to play big time football...he comes to UConn and plasters people on the field as a starter, he can make a name for himself.

Reaction Score
Wood and Levi (and the other Houston decommit from this morning) have been covered in the running 2019 Recruiting thread.

Reaction Score
Wood and Levi (and the other Houston decommit from this morning) have been covered in the running 2019 Recruiting thread.

Thanks medic! You know anything about the others or are they not even on the radar?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I love Zaylin Wood. He picked up an Akron offer recently. DDC is following. Hope we offer, kid has a motor, plays physical, can cover sideline to sideline and plays the pass and run evenly.

Reaction Score
I love Zaylin Wood. He picked up an Akron offer recently. DDC is following. Hope we offer, kid has a motor, plays physical, can cover sideline to sideline and plays the pass and run evenly.

Exactly what we need.

Reaction Score
The JUCO LB/DL/TE is followed by Mike Zyskowski (and deWeaver).

It’s tough to keep multiple threads accurate and up-to-date.

Good point. Sorry if I added another one. This could get moved to the recruiting thread if it makes it easier...or if the discussion is pointless.

Reaction Score
Thanks medic! You know anything about the others or are they not even on the radar?
The JUCO LB/DL/TE is followed by Mike Zyskowski (and deWeaver).

It’s tough to keep multiple threads accurate and up-to-date.

Josh Slay also has quite a few UConn follows. Wholley and some players such as Mitchell, Lundt, TJ Gardiner - which makes me think he’s had contact in some way (?visit?).

Reaction Score
Talk about a kid blowing up...

I wonder if these kids who get these late offers from Bama, Clemson, FSU, and such are just roster fillers that really wont make the field? Somewhere, someone has the data to see if this is true or not so kids can make better decisions about getting playing time...unless they don't care about playing time and just want to win Championships.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Everyone want good news? Cam Ross has updated his twitter profile to indicate he is coming to UConn. Many of us thought when Edsall said he was sitting on a couple of signed LOIs he cannot talk about we thought it applied to Ross and possibly Rian Haigler. Looks like Ross didn't want to hide any longer.

Cam Ross has an underrated senior tape. Sigh of relief we have landed an athletic WR.

Cam Ross (@camross07) | Twitter

btw - Haigler's account still says nothing about UConn - but it also says virtually nothing about any other personal recruiting which I take as a good sign.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Everyone want good news? Cam Ross has updated his twitter profile to indicate he is coming to UConn. Many of us thought when Edsall said he was sitting on a couple of signed LOIs he cannot talk about we thought it applied to Ross and possibly Rian Haigler. Looks like Ross didn't want to hide any longer.

Cam Ross has an underrated senior tape. Sigh of relief we have landed an athletic WR.

Cam Ross (@camross07) | Twitter

btw - Haigler's account still says nothing about UConn - but it also says virtually nothing about any other personal recruiting which I take as a good sign.

Put him in the slot and Raekwon Anderson in the backfield in the 2020-21 season with redshirt sophomore QB Krajewski and shock Clemson. Anderson wants the slot but what he showed from the QB position seems like he would be dynamite as a threat to run or catch out of the backfield. Tell him he could be the next Wes Welker or Julian Edelman and we'll seal the deal.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Put him in the slot and Raekwon Anderson in the backfield in the 2020-21 season with redshirt sophomore QB Krajewski and shock Clemson. Anderson wants the slot but what he showed from the QB position seems like he would be dynamite as a threat to run or catch out of the backfield. Tell him he could be the next Wes Welker or Julian Edelman and we'll seal the deal.
Ahhhh, if only such sweet talk worked so well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom