2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 77 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte @Joseph_Duarte 40 minutes ago
New Houston coach Dana Holgorsen says he is in the process of "evaluating" the 14-member signing class. He says he would not stand in way if some signees want to opt out of national letters of intent.

Joseph Duarte @Joseph_Duarte 38 minutes ago
Dana Holgorsen on signing class: "If those guys want to opt out of their NLIs because they don't like me, then I'm not going to stop that no matter who they are. We have to evaluate who they are." He adds that if a signee is not going to fit system/style "I'm going to be honest."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Dana Holgorsen on signing class: "If those guys want to opt out of their NLIs because they don't like me, then I'm not going to stop that no matter who they are. We have to evaluate who they are." He adds that if a signee is not going to fit system/style "I'm going to be honest."

So there is a chance Ife Adeyi comes back around.... as long as interest remains mutual.

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte @Joseph_Duarte 40 minutes ago
New Houston coach Dana Holgorsen says he is in the process of "evaluating" the 14-member signing class. He says he would not stand in way if some signees want to opt out of national letters of intent.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There is a story up on 247 that Illinois is pushing Jeff Woods to visit. Woods has offers from UConn and Tulane and had been planning to visit UConn in January.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
There is a story up on 247 that Illinois is pushing Jeff Woods to visit. Woods has offers from UConn and Tulane and had been planning to visit UConn in January.

Damn Illinois again. I hope it comes down to us and Tulane instead of a Big Ten school coming in

Reaction Score
Damn Illinois again. I hope it comes down to us and Tulane instead of a Big Ten school coming in

P5 pull...

>>Illinois offensive coordinator Rod Smith this week reached out to the 6-foot-6, 260-pound Fayetteville (N.C.) Trinity Christian School offensive tackle and seems to be making a pretty strong push for Woods.

“Coach Smith said that the need an offensive tackle, and they are highly interested and that I need to save an official visit for them,” Woods told Illini Inquirer.

Since then, Woods has received offers from UConn and Tulane. He thinks Illinois could be next. “I’m pretty confident they are going to offer me,” Woods said. “I really like Illinois, and I’m excited to visit.”<<

>>“It would be amazing to receive an offer,” Woods said. “They said I’d be a definite redshirt to develop my body and skills.”

Woods plans an official visit to UConn this weekend and another one to Appalachian State the following week. Illinois could happen after that. He said several other schools have been in contact but none as consistent as those three.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Zion Carter TE prospect from FL taking an OV to Dartmouth this month.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Big update here on Raykwon Anderson. We are in the lead, but he is still doing a lot of thinking. Might visit App St or others this January. Wants to be a slot receiver (yes!).

Speedy Peach State WR names a leader, but still weighing options

“This is the most difficult thing I’ve ever dealt with,” Anderson told 247Sports. “It’s hard to choose. I was going to sign with UNC on the 19th of December, but there was a coaching change, and a lot of things changed.”

UConn currently leads for Anderson, the country’s No. 1,140 overall prospect in the 2019 recruiting cycle. Anderson took an official visit to UConn on Dec. 14.

“I really like everything about it. Right now, UConn is my top school,” Anderson said. “I have a good relationship with all the coaches, and they’ve been recruiting me for a year.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He'd be a December signee at best, correct?

I would imagine (but not sure if it would have to be a full year class as opposed to a semester).

Sucks he’ll be in Iowa State’s backyard. Would have been more encouraged if it was Lackawanna!

Reaction Score
Kid like this for us, has to be an early signing, because he's bound to blow up. Its why I can't wrap my mind with Randy complaining about the early period. It helps programs like ours more than it hurts.

Cuz this is the same Randy Edsall that said Maryland was his dream job....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Cuz this is the same Randy Edsall that said Maryland was his dream job....

1547066384399.png

Reaction Score
Kid like this for us, has to be an early signing, because he's bound to blow up. Its why I can't wrap my mind with Randy complaining about the early period. It helps programs like ours more than it hurts.

Not sure how to measure benefits and costs of 2 signing periods. Regardless, I thought he was advocating to push early signing date back so kids don’t get caught in coaching carousel.

No way P5 programs aren’t poaching our signees if 1 signing date. Hard to keep kids hidden thru Jan. Coin toss for us-as far as i can tell.

Reaction Score

You guys are missing the point. I know it is a dead horse and I don't need to get over anything because I am not hurt about it anymore.....I was just providing an explanation to the statement...one can't understand Randy's thinking a'la him calling MD a dream job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom