2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 63 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
IMO, it's needed. With the departure of Vickers and Hopkins the RB is very thin hence the move of Xavier Scott there. Take into consideration O'Reilly? and Scott coming off injury there is not much depth there at all.
#Facts

Reaction Score
Randy showing a hot side on Twitter today by dropping Zouzoua, Wilson and Nate White from his follows. I think we came in second or third in all three contests. Randy is hurt. Scorned!

Good! Nice to see RE get a fire under him!!

Reaction Score
I noticed coach unfollowing those folks too.. Nothing personal, just business... If there's no interest why continue to communicate...

Reaction Score
I noticed coach unfollowing those folks too.. Nothing personal, just business... If there's no interest why continue to communicate...

Never burn a bridge.
Kids change their minds all the time.
Maybe not now but perhaps on a transfer

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Never burn a bridge.
Kids change their minds all the time.
Maybe not now but perhaps on a transfer
Edsall has kept many twitter connections on kids that spurned us. I think what makes this different is that we were real close and Edsall might have felt duped/used in some way. I don’t think unfollowing is his SOP.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Juwon Jackson visited UConn for a home game this fall as a guest of the program. He lead Piscataway to a 13-0 undefeated season with 1886 rushing yards and 31 TDs.

Piscataway's Jackson is Home News Tribune Offensive Football Player of the Year

Higgins likened Jackson to a swiss army knife because of his diverse running styles, saying “you couldn’t categorize him in one small box.”

“Sometimes the blocking wasn’t perfect and on those times when it wasn’t he still made it look easy,” Higgins said. “I loved his angry running style. He would initiate contact. He was really strong.”

UConn and Wagner are among the schools courting Jackson, who Higgins feels has been underrecruited.

“Most people like him as a back because of his Division I speed,” Higgins said, noting Jackson is also an excellent linebacker.

“I keep telling these coaches he’s good on both sides of the ball.”

C

Chief00

I was hoping (and that’s often a wrong approach) that we would develop some localized recruiting niches where we would recruit above our national baseline in terms of quality. Unfortunately, Chief hasn’t seen that materialized. Last year we recruited CT better than this season. Richardson hasn’t really moved up a notch in FL. Randy, if anything, has disappointed in PA this season. Dunn may reel in a couple guys in DMV? I won’t even comment on Billy Crocker. Cory is recruiting TX but quality is uncertain?
Please tell me I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I was hoping (and that’s often a wrong approach) that we would develop some localized recruiting niches where we would recruit above our national baseline in terms of quality. Unfortunately, Chief hasn’t seen that materialized. Last year we recruited CT better than this season. Richardson hasn’t really moved up a notch in FL. Randy, if anything, has disappointed in PA this season. Dunn may reel in a couple guys in DMV? I won’t even comment on Billy Crocker. Cory is recruiting TX but quality is uncertain?
Please tell me I am wrong.

You’re wrong on Richardson

I’ve watched this for 15 years. You do not see Florida kids turn towards TR or UConn until the last few weeks of January. It’s too early.

Some will say that Twitter and social media sites changed recruiting. I don’t believe it. Our niche in FL is one man - supported by others - with deep trusting roots with likeminded Florida prep coaches. This is a slice.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

More evidence (not that its needed) that Edsall is not aiming low.

C

Chief00

You’re wrong on Richardson

I’ve watched this for 15 years. You do not see Florida kids turn towards TR or UConn until the last few weeks of January. It’s too early.

Some will say that Twitter and social media sites changed recruiting. I don’t believe it. Our niche in FL is one man - supported by others - with deep trusting roots with likeminded Florida prep coaches. This is a slice.
True, but what I said was “Richardson hasn’t really moved up a notch in FL”. Status quo or less hasn’t worked real well for us. Hopefully, he can reel in some playmakers at the time table you indicate.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
At least he’s wearing a UConn jersey (watch that come back to bite me).

He was really hoping for a USCe offer that never came. I think he is ours but than again who knows

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom