2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 67 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
@Exit 4 had sniffed the interest earlier today:

Dominick Mazott is a 6-4 225lb QB/Athlete from Amador Valley High School in Pleasanton CA. Other offers from Cal, Montana, San Diego, San Jose State, Stetson, UNLV and Wyoming.

Highlights

Wow. Offering new QBs this late in the process, or this kid projected at another position?

Reaction Score
Wow. Offering new QBs this late in the process, or this kid projected at another position?

IDK... seems more of a runner than a thrower but who knows. His Senior stats were he ran for 1245 yards on 75 carries, threw for 822 yards and caught 10 passes for 254 yards. 31 total touchdowns.

From an article I just read from back in August about him heading into this year : "A 6-foot-4, 215-pound senior, Mazotti threw for 1,102 yards and 10 TDs last season as a junior. A sprinter on the Dons’ track team who also high-jumped 6 feet, 4 inches last spring, Mazotti also ran for 488 more yards and six scores". (Kinda interesting that he played in the same league as the other QB we offered yesterday Stone Smartt).

Reaction Score
IDK... seems more of a runner than a thrower but who knows. His Senior stats were he ran for 1245 yards on 75 carries, threw for 822 yards and caught 10 passes for 254 yards. 31 total touchdowns.

From an article I just read from back in August about him heading into this year : "A 6-foot-4, 215-pound senior, Mazotti threw for 1,102 yards and 10 TDs last season as a junior. A sprinter on the Dons’ track team who also high-jumped 6 feet, 4 inches last spring, Mazotti also ran for 488 more yards and six scores". (Kinda interesting that he played in the same league as the other QB we offered yesterday Stone Smartt).

Is it time to be embarrassed when you lose a recruit to ODU?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is it time to be embarrassed when you lose a recruit to ODU?
I don’t think so. Not for QB anyways. ODU probably been on him a while and he decided to pull the trigger on what was more familiar. A QB needs to go where they think they can play and fit with the coaches and the personnel situation.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Medic, confirmation on Clercius scholarship issue.... no longer has an offer from UConn.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Edit update on Jimmy Fritzsche. He has announced he is signing with either Clemson or Nebraska tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Medic, confirmation on Clercius scholarship issue.... no longer has an offer from UConn.

Oh that will bring out the national Randy haters looking for a juicy story after the Ryan Dickens manaste.

Reaction Score
I don't want to read too much into a single tweet (I will anyway), but that many grammatical errors in a single sentence probably tells you everything you need to know about this one.
I think you are reading too much into it.. "a other" happens a lot when I use my "smart"phone to type "another"

Reaction Score
I think you are reading too much into it.. "a other" happens a lot when I use my "smart"phone to type "another"
I can give him that one, but the misspelling of scholarship and the 3 "and's" in a run-on sentence are a bit much.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we want to read into Corey Edsall's thirteen dot tweet as it might relate to tomorrow - then perhaps it shapes up as (and hopefully I haven't jinxed us here):

1. Jackson Mitchell (LB?)
2. Dillon Harris (LB)
3. Winston Jules (CB)
4. Chase Lundt (OT)
5. Jayce Medlock (WR/TE)
6. Malik Jackson (TE)
7. Malik Dixon (S)
8. Eric Watts (DE)
9. Jack Zergoitis (QB)
10. Rian Haigler (OG/C) <--rumor is he verballed
11. Myles Bell (CB)
12. Raykwon Anderson (WR)
13. Wyatt Hummul (OT) or Ron McGee (DL) <--of the thirteen, I have the lowest confidence in these last two

Guys rumored to not be signing until Feb:
14. Cameron Ross (WR)
15. A. Ford (RB)

Other possibilities:
- Michael Hinton (DE - Grad Transfer from Columbia)
- Ardell Brown (WR - Grad Transfer from DII Seton Hill) <--staff has make a push the past week, not sure if we hear anything about any transfers until they are done deals.
- Justin Moore (DE)
- Jeff Woods (OT/TE)

Reaction Score
Looking at that list of offers made by P5 schools makes me wonder how many staff members does it take to keep track of where you stand when you have 413 offers out?
What if you get commitments from 25 wide receivers and no one else?
At what point do you start telling the kids who have accepted that they're the 19th wide receiver and we're only taking 4?
How do you juggle a huge list like that for 14 or 15 positions?

Either UConn doesn't have a system in place to allow it to keep a huge list orderly, or they're way more selective as to who gets an offer, or there's only so many kids they think it's reasonable to pursue, or they're keeping a lid on their offers (if the kids agree to do so and how do you tell them to keep it quiet).

Reaction Score
Looking at that list of offers made by P5 schools makes me wonder how many staff members does it take to keep track of where you stand when you have 413 offers out?
What if you get commitments from 25 wide receivers and no one else?
At what point do you start telling the kids who have accepted that they're the 19th wide receiver and we're only taking 4?
How do you juggle a huge list like that for 14 or 15 positions?

Either UConn doesn't have a system in place to allow it to keep a huge list orderly, or they're way more selective as to who gets an offer, or there's only so many kids they think it's reasonable to pursue, or they're keeping a lid on their offers (if the kids agree to do so and how do you tell them to keep it quiet).

There is a commitment pecking order in each Director of Player Personnel's office. I can guarantee you that a lot of those offers end up being non-committable as time goes on and priority kids accept.

Reaction Score
This freaking tool Bell. I'd like to do the same, except I haven't seen them offer anyone I'd want.

In fairness, we offer people that have other offers. More, what is the sales pitch - we have no conference, no home, no shot at a bowl game, but we could play Liberty or New Mexico State twice! Come be a vagabond.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
In fairness, we offer people that have other offers. More, what is the sales pitch - we have no conference, no home, no shot at a bowl game, but we could play Liberty or New Mexico State twice! Come be a vagabond.

But sometimes you can smell a rat. UMass is just trying to screw around here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom