This space for rent
Reaction Score
I see only 6 to 7 spots left and needs are:

QB - 1
TE - 1 or 2
WR - 2
DL 1 or 2
LB - 1

And, you always make room for a great player regardless of position, so I don't see a spot for another OL.

With Beavers departing and one other departure that I cannot disclose yet (not a big one), we have room for nine more new commitments. This assumes Eli Thomas stays on as part of the 85 and no current walk ons are granted a scholarship (I'm also counting Haigler as already committed).

Reaction Score
With Beavers departing and one other departure that I cannot disclose yet (not a big one), we have room for nine more new commitments. This assumes Eli Thomas stays on as part of the 85 and no current walk ons are granted a scholarship (I'm also counting Haigler as already committed).
I would assume the kicker gets a scholarship with Tarbut departing

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interesting the JUCO kid from Lowell MA decides to use his last OV on Memphis which has 6 DT/DLs committed already in a class of 20.

Reaction Score
A kid that I hope we get a chance to at the very least come and visit is DE Alonzo Hall out of California (Reseda HS)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A kid that I hope we get a chance to at the very least come and visit is DE Alonzo Hall out of California (Reseda HS)

Good observation, several staff members have jumped on him today.

Somewhat related note, Jacob Busic (DE we offered last week from MD) visited Army over the past weekend.
Haven't seen much on Zack Van Valkenburg (Grad transfer DE we offered recently). Guess the hunt is still on for more DE talent.

Reaction Score
A little late on this but where is Beavers going?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Give me a few minutes and I’ll do my initial dive...

None of the seniors here have profiles on any of the major recruiting sites. The only one with any digital footprint is this kid: Faheem Suber on Hudl. One NAIA offer from Ottawa (KS).

Randy is either combing for a real diamond in the rough or doing advance work on underclassmen.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A little late on this but where is Beavers going?
No idea. He has all spring to figure it out, but he might figure it out ahead of the second signing day which is 2/6.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Was headed to Syracuse, now to GT. Fun HUDL tape if you take a moment to watch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And David Clayton will join West Hartford’s Ethan Minor at Arkansas State.

Interesting phrasing in his post:

Reaction Score

Deshawn Holt is a 6-5 230 lb DE from Westlake High School in Waldorf Maryland. Holt is currently a Maryland commit with other offers from Bowling Green, Cincinnati, JMU, Kent State, Marshall, ODU, Rutgers, St. Francis (PA), Temple, Toledo, Towson, UCF and UMass.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interesting recruiting story going on for Deshawn Holt. Committed to Maryland back in June, but didn't sign in December during the coaching transition (like many Maryland commits). Got a UMass offer end of December and then took a Toledo visit in last weekend. Now he is slated to visit UMass this coming weekend. Good bet the visited Deshawn to convince him to swing by UConn on his way to UMass.

Lightning fast off the snap:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Zach VanValkenburg is a 6-4 260lb DL from Zeeland Michigan attending/graduating from Hillsdale College (DII) in Hillsdale Michigan. Other offers from Buffalo, Liberty and San Jose State

Highlights

Van Valkenburg seems to have taken down all his recruiting related tweets for UConn and all other programs. Below is a story from 247 about his San Jose offer posted on 1/15, we offered on 1/16. Which way he is leaning is a mystery. Has a decent number of P5 coaches following him.

San Jose State to host transfer prospect on visit

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Lynch is interesting in the fact that he goes to the same HS as current commit Malik Dixon and that his Dad is followed by Darrell Perkins, Dottin-Carter and Aaron Smith.

Finally watched Lynch's video. Nice job by the editor. Moreover, nice tape for the 6'2 227 pounder. Has a nose for the ball, looks like a high football IQ. Compact body, plays with a lower center of gravity. No trouble with physicality. Could be a nice player for someone. Seems like the kind of kid that would be a nice surprise on 2/6. Edsall likes to work both the parents and the kids. We really should be taking a second HS level LB this cycle to Jackson Mitchell.

Troy seems to be his most active recruiter.

Senior Season HUDL video here: The Man In The Middle Final Cut

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Finally watched Lynch's video. Nice job by the editor. Moreover, nice tape for the 6'2 227 pounder. Has a nose for the ball, looks like a high football IQ. Compact body, plays with a lower center of gravity. No trouble with physicality Could be a nice player for someone. Seems like the kind of kid that would be a nice surprise on 2/6. Edsall likes to work both the parents and the kids. We really should be taking a second HS level LB this cycle to Jackson Mitchell.

Troy seems to be most active recruiter.

Senior Season HUDL video here: The Man In The Middle Final Cut
He reads and reacts well. Brings alot of authority at impact. Great closing speed. Good looking tape and a nice looking athlete for sure.

Reaction Score
He reads and reacts well. Brings alot of authority at impact. Great closing speed. Good looking tape and a nice looking athlete for sure.
Sounds like a Fincher type.. Exactly what our defense need.. Hopefully Spanos and Edsall can pull the full court press on him, visit him at his home. Both of them need to visit. close the deal

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sounds like a Fincher type.. Exactly what our defense need.. Hopefully Spanos and Edsall can pull the full court press on him, visit him at his home. Both of them need to visit. close the deal

Well just to point out and you maybe well aware, but he's been on the staff's radar for a long time and we haven't offered from what we know publicly. Maybe with Spanos things will change.

Jackson Mitchell is an intriguing LB prospect that may end up being more an OLB than MLB. On the other hand, there is no doubt about Lynch - he is a born MLB.

Reaction Score
Well just to point out and you maybe well aware, but he's been on the staff's radar for a long time and we haven't offered from what we know publicly. Maybe with Spanos things will change.

Jackson Mitchell is an intriguing LB prospect that may end up being more an OLB than MLB. On the other hand, there is no doubt about Lynch - he is a born MLB.
Lynch is a Fincher while Mitchell will be more of either Lutrus or Sio Moore type.. Love it...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom