2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 85 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score

John Dunn down in FL checking out DII star QB Mike Beaudry who hails from Canada and looking to transfer for his grad year. Beaudry lead West Florida to a DII championship in 2017, but was sidelined in 2018 by an injury.

Pretty clear they are determined to find a veteran QB for the season.

You have to think (at least I do) that with Washington’s propensity to have issues staying “eligible/on field” - even if Steven Krajewski has the skills/tools to succeed they need another QB body (college game experience preferred) beside incoming Zergiotis

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You have to think (at least I do) that with Washington’s propensity to have issues staying “eligible/on field” - even if Steven Krajewski has the skills/tools to succeed they need another QB body (college game experience preferred)?
Totally.

It would be roster mismanagement not to find a veteran QB at this point. Inintially I was a little shocked by their pursuit, but it makes all the sense in the world if one of our two guys is dicey in any way and if neither have been absolute studs in practice.

And that doesn’t mean Wash and Kraj won’t play this fall - but it would be unwise for the program and unfair for the rest of this roster to place all our chips on these two dudes alone. Need a third horse for safety sake.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

John Dunn down in FL checking out DII star QB Mike Beaudry who hails from Canada and looking to transfer for his grad year. Beaudry lead West Florida to a DII championship in 2017, but was sidelined in 2018 by an injury.

Pretty clear they are determined to find a veteran QB for the season.

This is right in the middle of my geography.
2017 was a magical season for UWF. Second year of football at any level and they made D2 Championship game.

Beaudry was the cornerstone of building program during last season of practice and first year of competition.

He got dinged up a bit this year and lost his starting spot to a UGA transfer.

He could provide some deoth at the position but I have a tough time seeing him getting snaps in games.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Okuayinonu, a really good looking Lowell MA juco DL appears to be landing at the turtle. I consider that a relief because I think UMass was pretty high on the list (ahead of us). I don’t think this impacts Deshawn Holt (DE) who also visiting Maryland this weekend.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Following up on Tyler Devera, looks like the staff was right not to invest their time here. Tyler entered his senior season as a big time recruit, then ended up with few offers going into the early signing period. In fact all he had was UMass at New Year’s Eve. 25 days later he’s choosing between Colorado, Louisville, Maryland, Rutty and UMass. I think he goes with Maryland, but we’ll see.

Reaction Score
Following up on Tyler Devera, looks like the staff was right not to invest their time here. Tyler entered his senior season as a big time recruit, then ended up with few offers going into the early signing period. In fact all he had was UMass at New Year’s Eve. 25 days later he’s choosing between Colorado, Louisville, Maryland, Rutty and UMass. I think he goes with Maryland, but we’ll see.

I’m betting Louisville...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Getting the feeling Ife may not want to head this far north?

Yeah seems like that might part of the story. Sometimes it’s the family that pulls or it’s the kid, we’ll see. Fingers crossed for UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah seems like that might part of the story. Sometimes it’s the family that pulls or it’s the kid, we’ll see. Fingers crossed for UConn.
I feel it's our performance. We need another Orlovsky to come along legitimize us.

Reaction Score
To that end, David Summers is well suited to take that Orlovsky mantle. Don’t feel it’s happening though.

Great QB play is the fastest way to change a program. Hello Milton at UCF.

Nope - passed over by Maryland and lands @ Syracuse:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nope - passed over by Maryland and lands @ Syracuse:

Yes, totally forecasted by all his Syracuse twitter activity the last two weeks which continued over this weekend.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wonder who swooped in @ the last minute:

Always thought he would be a great walk on. Staff has been connecting with young John Marinelli the past few weeks. Gwich also has a 2020 OL and in 2021 Aiitim Barber (Tiki’s kid). There is also Gavin Muir who has the Fordham offer to ponder.

Reaction Score
Hope this one falls in our favor. Could be helpful as a WR or S.

Know where he’s going for the final weekend or have his visits wrapped up?

Edit: never mind I see Kansas on 247

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom