2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 81 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
ODU? ODU? How many times can I say ODU?
How does someone turn down UConn for ODU? What division do they play in? Are they a Power Five? Is he thinking he'll be playing in the National Championship game in the next year or two by going to ODU? What would attract a player to ODU over UConn?
Sorry if I seem annoyed at this kind of stuff.

Maybe he has issues with admissions?

Reaction Score
Anyone know if we are following/talking to/going after any of these guys:

Segun Okunlola - DT - Brockton, MA
Deyvon Wright - RB - Huntington Station, NY
Spencer Witter - TE - West Hartford, CT
Nahzir Russell - RB - Pennsauken, NJ
Tyreke Brown - RB - Penns Grove, NJ
Teely Rhyne - RB - from Merrillvile, IN but goes to the Taft School in CT
James Lynch - ILB - Orlando, FL
Brendan McKeon - ATH - from Dudley, MA but goes to St. Thomas Moore in CT, came to UConn Jr Day
Jesse Polansky - DT - Suffield, CT (he is a big wrestler too and we know Randy like's wrestlers)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Corey rutting around Texas:

Potential targets:

Deondre Dansby, South Oak Cliff, Cornerback - CB w/offers from ASU, BC, and Colorado
Steven Parker, South Oak Cliff, Weak-Side Defensive End - DE w/too many P5 offers to list
Sean Simms, South Oak Cliff, Athlete - ATH w/offers from Arizona and TTU
Davion Wheeler, South Oak Cliff, Weak-Side Defensive End - DE w/FBS offers from UTEP and UTSA
Dequavion Ludd, South Oak Cliff, Inside Linebacker - ILB w/FBS offer from Tulsa

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Potential targets:

Deondre Dansby, South Oak Cliff, Cornerback - CB w/offers from ASU, BC, and Colorado
Steven Parker, South Oak Cliff, Weak-Side Defensive End - DE w/too many P5 offers to list
Davion Wheeler, South Oak Cliff, Weak-Side Defensive End - DE w/FBS offers from UTEP and UTSA

Ludd seems to make the most sense. Maybe Wheeler

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anyone know if we are following/talking to/going after any of these guys:

Segun Okunlola - DT - Brockton, MA
Deyvon Wright - RB - Huntington Station, NY
Spencer Witter - TE - West Hartford, CT
Nahzir Russell - RB - Pennsauken, NJ
Tyreke Brown - RB - Penns Grove, NJ
Teely Rhyne - RB - from Merrillvile, IN but goes to the Taft School in CT
James Lynch - ILB - Orlando, FL
Brendan McKeon - ATH - from Dudley, MA but goes to St. Thomas Moore in CT, came to UConn Jr Day
Jesse Polansky - DT - Suffield, CT (he is a big wrestler too and we know Randy like's wrestlers)

I know deyvon wright switched to db his senior year where he was very effective and lead his team into the post season. He received an offer to ASA in Brooklyn - juco recently. Maybe he has academic issues because he doesn’t seem to have any FBS offers after a good season and lots attention as a sophomore and junior.

Witter has committed to BC. 247 still hasn’t updated.

I don’t think the others had the great senior seasons to get FBS offers. Maybe they get a late offer in the last few weeks ahead.

Reaction Score

Jacob Busic is a 6-4 250lb DL/TE from Westminster High School in Westminster Maryland. Other offers from Army, Delaware State, Elon, Fordham, Holy Cross, Howard, Kent State, Lafayette, Lehigh, Navy, Sacred Heart, Towson, UMass, Villanova, William&Mary and WMU.

Highlights

Reaction Score
These next 2 weekends will be vital to us filling out the remainder of our recruiting class...I hope to see us get 9 or 10 more commits come signing day (2/6/19)....

Reaction Score
These recruits look at the world through a vastly different lens than you do.

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to just what motivates them.
Is it the academics at ODU?
The league they play in?
Is it the three NFL players from ODU?
Just what lens might they be filtering their offers through?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Perhaps you can enlighten us as to just what motivates them.
Is it the academics at ODU?
The league they play in?
Is it the three NFL players from ODU?
Just what lens might they be filtering their offers through?

They're 18 years old. You are between 50 and 80. Do the math.

Reaction Score
Lynch is interesting in the fact that he goes to the same HS as current commit Malik Dixon and that his Dad is followed by Darrell Perkins, Dottin-Carter and Aaron Smith.

He's a nice sized kid who could help shore up the LB spot.

Reaction Score
You make it sound like UConn is a P5 program in a great league that has 20 guys playing in the league.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
David Clayton with a Tulsa offer. He seems to be a high priority target for the staff. Hopefully he is visiting soon.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tweet is now deleted - but Youngblood is taking an OV to BC this weekend.

Reaction Score
Tweet is now deleted - but Youngblood is taking an OV to BC this weekend.

That ship sailed a few weeks ago it appears... can’t blame the staff for trying to take advantage of the Temple coaching change.

They probably figured the Tampa kid was planning on heading north for school so what’s another 240 miles further.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That ship sailed a few weeks ago it appears... can’t blame the staff for trying to take advantage of the Temple coaching change.
Oh yeah. I'm just surprised he's checking out BC. Since its a recruit we offered that at one time was committed to Temple, I thought I would share.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah. I'm just surprised he's checking out BC. Since its a recruit we offered that at one time was committed to Temple, I thought I would share.

Agree - big gap academically.

Reaction Score
You make it sound like UConn is a P5 program in a great league that has 20 guys playing in the league.

Certainly more than ODU if that's the issue you're addressing. If not, forget I responded.

Reaction Score
Potential targets:

I'd take Steven Parker but we aren't stealing him from the Big 12...even with the new DC hire.

Simms committed to Navy 2 days ago.

We could take Wheeler...I mean we are supposedly better than UTEP according to ESPN's Bottom 10 Playoffs.

And I agree that Ludd makes the most sense based on what recruits we need and have been pulling...Dansby would be a steal though.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
USF has managed to get a visit out of the MA three star DE juco.... thought this kid was a heavily UMass lean. Maryland, Buffalo and others have also offered.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Four Star TE Matt Alaimo tranfers to Rutty after one year at UCLA. Alaimo is also a legit MLB prospect and has a younger brother Mike that is a class of 2020 QB prospect.

Corey and D. Harris were following Matt. I noticed Mike recently started following Edsall. Mike has said he would like to play with Matt, so seems like there is a good chance that happens in 2020.

Matt Alaimo transfers to Rutgers

Reaction Score
[*]DL (HS): I'm excited to see there are some solid to excellent prospects still on the table. Dalmonte Gourdine 6'6'' 260lb DL from North Charleston SC is understood to be visiting this month (maybe this weekend). Other notable new prospects include: Richard Kinley II from Memphis TN (several G5 offers), Dorian Josey from Rockledge FL (Colorado St offer, had some P5 interest ahead of his senior season/this would be a Richardson recruit), Miles Dickens from Deerfield Beach FL (Long time UCF commit that didn't seem to have a seat at the table at signing day. Most recent offer is from Georgia State) and Zaylin Wood (Temple decommit with a recent offer from Akron). I absolutely love Zaylin Wood's tape. Interesting question here for the staff because there multiple intriguing DL prospects here so if more than one wanted to commit, that would be hard to turn down

Kinley to Middle Tennessee State tonight...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom