2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 74 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score

David Clayton is a 6-0 170lb WR from Grapevine High School in Grapevine Texas. Other offers from Abilene Christian, Angelo State, Central Arkansas, Colorado State, Hawaii, Lamar, Missouri State, New Mexico State and Northeastern State.

Highlights

Reaction Score

David Clayton is a 6-0 170lb WR from Grapevine High School in Grapevine Texas. Other offers from Abilene Christian, Angelo State, Central Arkansas, Colorado State, Hawaii, Lamar, Missouri State, New Mexico State and Northeastern State.

Highlights

Pretty productive kid. Had no less than 65 catches each of his 3 varsity years

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Highlights

Hey, Medic. I didn't want to bother you earlier in the day but was curious about David's tweet. First off, love his speed! But, his tweet came out last night but we're in a dead period, no? Does this mean he took some time to go public with his offer or is there a way we offered yesterday? Thanks for all you do here, Merry Christmas if you celebrate the holiday.

Reaction Score
Hey, Medic. I didn't want to bother you earlier in the day but was curious about David's tweet. First off, love his speed! But, his tweet came out last night but we're in a dead period, no? Does this mean he took some time to go public with his offer or is there a way we offered yesterday? Thanks for all you do here, Merry Christmas if you celebrate the holiday.

Merry Christmas.

Hope this helps...

>>Dead period: The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.<<

'Dead period?' 'Quiet period?' Explaining the NCAA's football recruiting calendar

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I like that we keep banging away at the Texas market.
We need to hit every state of the teams in our conference... Hopefully we hit on Oklahoma, Ohio, Louisiana (plethora of talent there), Tennessee.. we need to get recruits from those states as well..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Michael Lockhart (DE) is a UAB decommit that the staff started following a week or two ago. I was going to write about him last week if I found a free moment. With the offers rolling in the past few days looks like we won't get a shot here. Could this have happened to Eric Watts? probably not to the same degree, but it could have to some lesser and still threatening degree. Schools are moving down their lists and new guys are being 'found' so to speak.

Reaction Score
Michael Lockhart (DE) is a UAB decommit that the staff started following a week or two ago. I was going to write about him last week if I found a free moment. With the offers rolling in the past few days looks like we won't get a shot here. Could this have happened to Eric Watts? probably not to the same degree, but it could have to some lesser and still threatening degree. Schools are moving down their lists and new guys are being 'found' so to speak.

Did I miss something? Is Watts no longer on board?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Is Watts no longer on board?
Watts signed. Just making the point that I think we got Watts before the bigger programs had time to work down their lists and get to him which is what is happening to Lockhart.

Reaction Score
Watts signed. Just making the point that I think we got Watts before the bigger programs had time to work down their lists and get to him which is what is happening to Lockhart.
Got ya. Just making sure! But I agree with your assessment there. In a talent rich state like Alabama I am sure there are plenty of athletes like Lockhart, as well as, the states Ktuck mentioned.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Handicapping the current outstanding offers:

1. Nazir Burnett (WR/DB) - Bishop McDevitt High School, Harrisburg, PA (Syracuse Commit 8/3/18>Decommit 11/5/18) <--Don't see any traction here.
  2. Darrin(DJ) Smith (RB) - Lone Star High School, Frisco Texas (UConn Commit 5/10/18>Decommit 6/17/18)<--Fair to say we have moved on.
  3. Jared Harrison-Hunte (DL/TE) - Christ the King High School, Middle Village NY. <--We did not make his cut, he is deciding between top-top programs
  4. Brian Ugwa (RB/LB) - Hillside High School, Hillside New Jersey <--Appears to be between Pitt and Temple. Question is, is he really a 6'2'' RB at the next level or an OLB? He seems to want the RB role which may be slowing down his recruiting process. Ugwa did visit UConn last spring.
  5. Raykwon Anderson (DB/Athlete) - Charlton County High School, Folkston Georgia (North Carolina Commit 7/13/18>Decommit 12/2/18) <--Corey continues to work this one. Georgia Southern is the darkhorse...
  6. Kenny Logan (Athlete) - Pedro Menendez High School, St Augustine Florida <--Don't see any traction here.
  7. Trayvon Moss (WR/LB) - Victory Christian School, Tulsa Oklahoma <--Don't see any traction here.
  8. DJ Green (CB/RB/ATH) - Wharton High School, Tampa Florida <--Don't see any traction here.
  9. Kevens Clercius (WR/DB) - Montreal Canada (UConn Commit 8/1/18 - but no longer holds offer) <--academic issues
  10. Rian Haigler (OL) - St John’s College High School, Washington DC <--Could be committed and signed already on the quiet.
  11. Steven Linton (TE/DE/LB) - Dublin High School, Dublin Georgia <--Recruitment exploded, we are out of the running
  12. Wyatt Hummel (OL) - Jesuit Dallas High School, Dallas Texas <--No update. not clear what is going on here. Could he be a commit on the quiet? Said UConn was #1 on his list based on his december visit.
  13. Brett Seither (TE/WR)- Clearwater Central Catholic, Clearwater Florida <--Recruitment exploded, we are out of the running
  14. Matt Drayton (WR/DB) - Raines High School, Jacksonville Florida <--No update. not clear what is going on here. we know he visited at one point because his visit photos have been scene on twitter and on the UConn website.
  15. Zion Carter (TE) - Berkeley Prep, Tampa Florida <--Has visited BC and has his BC offered pinned.
  16. Zakhari Franklin (WR) - Cedar Hill High School, Cedar Hill Texas <--Not clear what is going on here. I suspect he will be visiting in January.
  17. Jeff Woods (DE/OT/TE) - Fayetteville NC. (ECU Commit 6/22/18>Decommit 12/9/18) <--Scheduled to visit in January.
  18. Dominick Mazotti (QB/Athlete) - Amador Valley High School, Pleasanton CA <--Scheduled to visit in January
  19. William Rogers (OL/DL) - Lovejoy High School, Hampton Georgia <--Has had a lot of offers. Not clear where any school stands with Rogers. If I had to guess, I think we get a visit in January.
  20. Joseph Appiah Darkwa (DL) - Düsseldorf Germany <--Staff seems all in on the recruiting effort for this high upside kid from Germany.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hard hitting DB that had alot more interest his Junior year as an RB has been quiet on the recruiting trail until today.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
USA Today NJ team below. Thought I would touch on the players we recruited.

2018 ALL-USA New Jersey Football Team

First Team
QB Nick Kargman (6-4, 185, Sr.), Woodrow Wilson (Camden) <--Signed with Western Michigan, did have some UConn staff following.
RB Jada Byers (5-7, 160, Jr.), St. Joseph (Hammonton)
RB Juwon Jackson (5-10, 180, Sr.), Piscataway <--Camped at UConn this summer and attended a game this fall. Word is we aren't taking any more RBs at this time...but if that changes he might be on the short list. Currently has an offer to Wagner.
WR Stanley King (6-5, 175, Sr.), Woodrow Wilson (Camden) <--Attended UConn camp as Junior. He is a Louisville decommit w/ coaching change. Zyskowski, Wholley (and Crocker) have been following him. Brother attends Temple.
WR Charles Njoku (6-5, 200, Sr.), Wayne Hills (Wayne)
TE Tyler Devera (6-4, 225, Sr.), Bergen Catholic (Oradell) <--Prior to this season and his brother's arrest he was a big time TE prospect. At this point he best offer is from UMass. I wouldn't be surprised about anything here including the JUCO route or a signing day surprise with a late P5 offer. Nothing obvious to suggest we are still recruiting Tyler, but maybe that changes in January since we have a TE need. Brendan was UConn bound as a LB recruit before taking a very late Rutty offer.
OL John Olmstead (6-6, 300, Sr.), St. Joseph (Metuchen) <--Had UConn offer and committed to ND.
OL Luke Wypler (6-4, 280, Jr.), St. Joseph (Montvale)
OL Austin Mosier (6-4, 275, Sr.), Piscataway
OL Wisdom Quarshie (6-3, 310, Sr.), St. Joseph (Hammonton)
OL Caedan Wallace (6-6, 310, Sr.), Hun (Princeton)
Second Team
QB Steve Lubischer (6-1, 180, Sr.), Red Bank Catholic
RB Johnny Martin (5-9, 200, So.), Highland (Blackwood)
RB Jermaine Corbett (5-7, 170, Jr.), Long Branch
WR Ronnie Hickman (6-2, 205, Sr.), DePaul (Wayne)
WR Max Baker (5-9, 170, Sr.), Ramapo (Franklin Lakes)
TE Kevin Bauman (6-5, 245, Jr.), Red Bank Catholic
OL CJ Hanson (6-5, 305, Sr.), St. John Vianney (Holmdel) <--Attended UConn in the spring, but signed with Rutty
OL Bryan Felter (6-3, 290, Jr.), Bergen Catholic (Oradell)
OL Joe Rondi (6-4, 250, Sr.), Wayne Hills (Wayne)
OL Charley Burkhardt (6-2, 280, Sr.), Somerville
OL Kevin Cerruti (6-3, 285, Sr.), Long Branch
DEFENSE
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
: Antonio Alfano, Colonia (Woodbridge)
The Alabama commit fought off constant double teams to show why he was the state’s top senior recruit. Alfano piled up 79 tackles, 28 tackles for loss, 17 quarterback hurries, 10 sacks and six forced fumbles.
First Team
DL Howard Cross (6-2, 265, Sr.), St. Joseph (Montvale) <--Son of the NY Giant
DL Izaiah Henderson (6-4, 280, Sr.), Mater Dei (New Monmouth)
DL Antonio Alfano (6-4, 285, Sr.), Colonia (Woodbridge)
DL Jeremiah Grant (6-3, 240, Jr.), Bergen Catholic (Oradell)
LB Brian Ugwu (6-3, 220, Sr.), Hillside <--As noted yesterday, seems to be deciding between Pitt or Temple. He did attend UConn last spring at a junior day.
LB Tirek Austin-Cave (6-2, 215, Jr.), Camden
LB Cody Simon (6-1, 210, Jr.), St. Peter’s (Jersey City)
DB Connor Holmes (5-9, 175, Sr.), Sayreville <--Attended a UConn game this fall with Juwon Jackson. Speedy WR/DB opted for Army rather than waiting on UConn to offer.
DB Michael Jarmolowich (6-2, 190, Sr.), Delbarton (Morristown)
DB Omar Rogers (6-1, 195, Sr.), Burlington Township
DB Donovan Bunch (5-11, 165, Sr.), Winslow (Atco)
Second Team
DL RJ Oben (6-4, 240, Sr.), St. Peter’s (Jersey City) <--Son of the NY Giant
DL Brad Lomax (6-2, 235, Sr.), St. Joseph (Hammonton)
DL Gabe Klaus (6-2, 215, Sr.), Haddonfield
DL Aaron Lewis (6-6, 235, Jr.), Williamstown
LB Mohammad Kamara (6-2, 210, Sr.), Newark Central
LB Mohamed Toure (6-2, 215, Sr.), Pleasantville <--I believe he attended a UConn junior day last spring. Rutty bound.
LB Jonathan Alvarado (6-1, 230, Sr.), Don Bosco (Ramsey)
DB Nyquee Hawkins (6-0, 175, Sr.), Orange <--Had UConn offer and committed to VaTech.
DB Donald Williams (6-1, 180, Sr.), Camden
DB Jordan Morant (6-1, 195, Jr.), Bergen Catholic (Oradell)
DB Connor Grieco (6-3, 200, Sr.), St. Joseph (Montvale)
SPECIAL TEAMS
K/P Guy Fava (6-1, 180, Sr.), Don Bosco (Ramsey)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
USA Today NJ team below. Thought I would touch on the players we recruited.

2018 ALL-USA New Jersey Football Team

First Team
QB Nick Kargman (6-4, 185, Sr.), Woodrow Wilson (Camden) <--Signed with Western Michigan, did have some UConn staff following.
RB Jada Byers (5-7, 160, Jr.), St. Joseph (Hammonton)
RB Juwon Jackson (5-10, 180, Sr.), Piscataway <--Camped at UConn this summer and attended a game this fall. Word is we aren't taking any more RBs at this time...but if that changes he might be on the short list. Currently has an offer to Wagner.
WR Stanley King (6-5, 175, Sr.), Woodrow Wilson (Camden)
WR Charles Njoku (6-5, 200, Sr.), Wayne Hills (Wayne)
TE Tyler Devera (6-4, 225, Sr.), Bergen Catholic (Oradell) <--Prior to this season and his brother's arrest he was a big time TE prospect. At this point he best offer is from UMass. I wouldn't be surprised about anything with this kid including the JUCO route or a signing day surprise with a late P5 offer. Nothing obvious to suggest we are still recruiting Tyler, but maybe that changes in January since we have a TE need.
OL John Olmstead (6-6, 300, Sr.), St. Joseph (Metuchen)
OL Luke Wypler (6-4, 280, Jr.), St. Joseph (Montvale)
OL Austin Mosier (6-4, 275, Sr.), Piscataway
OL Wisdom Quarshie (6-3, 310, Sr.), St. Joseph (Hammonton)
OL Caedan Wallace (6-6, 310, Sr.), Hun (Princeton)
Second Team
QB Steve Lubischer (6-1, 180, Sr.), Red Bank Catholic
RB Johnny Martin (5-9, 200, So.), Highland (Blackwood)
RB Jermaine Corbett (5-7, 170, Jr.), Long Branch
WR Ronnie Hickman (6-2, 205, Sr.), DePaul (Wayne)
WR Max Baker (5-9, 170, Sr.), Ramapo (Franklin Lakes)
TE Kevin Bauman (6-5, 245, Jr.), Red Bank Catholic
OL CJ Hanson (6-5, 305, Sr.), St. John Vianney (Holmdel) <--Attended UConn in the spring, but signed with Rutty
OL Bryan Felter (6-3, 290, Jr.), Bergen Catholic (Oradell)
OL Joe Rondi (6-4, 250, Sr.), Wayne Hills (Wayne)
OL Charley Burkhardt (6-2, 280, Sr.), Somerville
OL Kevin Cerruti (6-3, 285, Sr.), Long Branch
DEFENSE
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
: Antonio Alfano, Colonia (Woodbridge)
The Alabama commit fought off constant double teams to show why he was the state’s top senior recruit. Alfano piled up 79 tackles, 28 tackles for loss, 17 quarterback hurries, 10 sacks and six forced fumbles.
First Team
DL Howard Cross (6-2, 265, Sr.), St. Joseph (Montvale)
DL Izaiah Henderson (6-4, 280, Sr.), Mater Dei (New Monmouth)
DL Antonio Alfano (6-4, 285, Sr.), Colonia (Woodbridge)
DL Jeremiah Grant (6-3, 240, Jr.), Bergen Catholic (Oradell)
LB Brian Ugwu (6-3, 220, Sr.), Hillside <--As noted yesterday, seems to be deciding between Pitt or Temple. He did attend UConn last spring at a junior day.
LB Tirek Austin-Cave (6-2, 215, Jr.), Camden
LB Cody Simon (6-1, 210, Jr.), St. Peter’s (Jersey City)
DB Connor Holmes (5-9, 175, Sr.), Sayreville <--attended a UConn game this fall with Juwon Jackson. Speedy WR/DB opted for Army rather than waiting on UConn to offer.
DB Michael Jarmolowich (6-2, 190, Sr.), Delbarton (Morristown)
DB Omar Rogers (6-1, 195, Sr.), Burlington Township
DB Donovan Bunch (5-11, 165, Sr.), Winslow (Atco)
Second Team
DL RJ Oben (6-4, 240, Sr.), St. Peter’s (Jersey City) <--Son of the NY Giant
DL Brad Lomax (6-2, 235, Sr.), St. Joseph (Hammonton)
DL Gabe Klaus (6-2, 215, Sr.), Haddonfield
DL Aaron Lewis (6-6, 235, Jr.), Williamstown
LB Mohammad Kamara (6-2, 210, Sr.), Newark Central
LB Mohamed Toure (6-2, 215, Sr.), Pleasantville <--I believe he attended a UConn junior day last spring. Rutty bound.
LB Jonathan Alvarado (6-1, 230, Sr.), Don Bosco (Ramsey)
DB Nyquee Hawkins (6-0, 175, Sr.), Orange
DB Donald Williams (6-1, 180, Sr.), Camden
DB Jordan Morant (6-1, 195, Jr.), Bergen Catholic (Oradell)
DB Connor Grieco (6-3, 200, Sr.), St. Joseph (Montvale)
SPECIAL TEAMS
K/P Guy Fava (6-1, 180, Sr.), Don Bosco (Ramsey)

Additionally:

Stanley King attended UConn camp as Junior, Louisville decommit w/ coaching change. Zyskowski, Wholley (and Crocker) have been following him. Brother attends Temple.

Ol John Olmstead had UConn offer and committed to ND.

DB Hawkins had UConn offer and committed to VaTech.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Additionally:

Stanley King attended UConn camp as Junior, Louisville decommit w/ coaching change. Zyskowski, Wholley (and Crocker) have been following him. Brother attends Temple.

Ol John Olmstead had UConn offer and committed to ND.

DB Hawkins had UConn offer and committed to VaTech.
I made the changes. Thanks.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So how to finish strong recruiting wise for February - lets be bold and aim high for 10 targets below:

1. Lets be bold and add the Devera brothers; Brendan Devera (1) for MLB and Tyler Devera (2) for TE. Brendan is rated .84 by 247 and the #4 JUCO LB by Gridiron. Moreover, he's the only JUCO LB in Gridiron's top ten JUCO LB list that isn't signed or committed. Let's see what happens with Brendan's recruitment after his Jan 3rd court date. Brendan would give us real beef and depth for the MLB position so that we aren't totally dependent on Harris, the sophomores Kevon Jones and Webb. Tyler becomes the longer term two way TE project. The brothers appear to be on a trajectory towards UMass at this hour as a duo. Eight Rutgers football players indicted on credit card fraud charges, report says
  2. Lets find a way to add Dominic Mazotti (3). Hopefully he is on board for starting out as a QB prospect and moving to TE if that doesn't work out. Amazing speed and athleticism for a 6'4'' frame.
  3. The staff has really zero'd in on Messiah DeWeaver (4)- JUCO QB out of Mississippi. Edsall is following and he only follows the top priorities. Lets get DeWeaver here to challenge Washington and the others for the starting job in 2019.
  4. Land Joseph Dwarka (5)for DL. He would be our top rated recruit in this class by 247 at .85. The staff seems to be making him a priority.
  5. Land one of Zack Hummel, Will Rogers or Jeff Woods (6). Rogers could be a DT prospect as well. Woods could be viewed as an OT that can catch TD passes in the redzone.
  6. Seal the deal on two WRs (7)&(8): known outstanding offers: Drayton, Franklin, Anderson and Clayton. The staff seems to also be looking at Georgia WRs in Dayton Wade and Deshon Stoudemire.
  7. Find a Grad Transfer/JUCO for TE (9)
  8. Find a Grad Transfer/JUCO for DE/DL (10)
  9. If I could, I would try to add Juwon Jackson late in the process. Perhaps he would be willing to defer enrollment until Jan 2020.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m thinking 2-4 more Grad transfers. We are an Opportunity landing for a kid who wants to play - in his last year of eligibility. LB? TE? maybe WR. Line.

With 12 spots ... roster management tactics say that you can take these guys and roll forward with greater classes coming.

And? I’m interested in the prolific WR Brown from Seton Hill in D2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom