2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 198 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just wonder how people know these things or think they know them. The "really close relationship is between Paige and Azzi" and they will "probably wind up at the same place"...are you on their text thread or something?
Watch their interactions in person and their tweets. At the USA Senior Team game vs. Japan, there was very little conversation among the group—until Azzi arrived and Paige changed her seat to be with Azzi.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The early signing period (Nov 14-21) begins a week from tomorrow, so we don't have much longer to wait for the last few shoes to drop, thus revealing where most of the uncommitted 2019 recruits are going.

Only 10 of the 100 players listed in ESPN's Hoopgirlz 2019 class have yet to verbal/commit. Top 10 uncommitted recruits = #1 Haley Jones, #3 Aliyah Boston, #9 Rickea Jackson & #10 Laeticia Amihere. :D

The "dry spell" ends next week for us as UConn will play 3 games - Sunday (Ohio St), Thursday (Southern Ct) & Saturday against Vanderbilt in the Hall of Fame Showcase, Mohegan Sun Arena.

Tuesday, after the excitement dies down over the Ohio State game, and everyone's blood pressure returns to normal, we'll take a look at UConn's last exhibition game opponent, Southern Connecticut State, and see what's going on in the Owl's nest. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
ohhhhhhhhh you just try getting the ball out of Cooke's hands.....I think you guys are going to be calling her "coast to coast" before you know it.....Sarah Andrews is on everybody's radar including UConn I think....she is the Robin in Batman and Robin along with Ms Gusters...just waiting for the double recruitment stories to start..
Right as rain. My problem with Cooke, at least the Cooke I saw in Cup games, was her shoot first mentality. Whenever she came down the floor it seemed she never looked up, she just looked to find her spot on the floor. The pass was secondary. She has terrific creativity skills and quickness, is a good shooter, with fair to good finishing skills. Because of this she was a TO waiting to happen. Looks to me like Dawn just got a slightly more prolific Cuevas-Moore

Reaction Score
The early signing period (Nov 14-21) begins a week from tomorrow, so we don't have much longer to wait for the last few shoes to drop, thus revealing where most of the uncommitted 2019 recruits are going.

Only 10 of the 100 players listed in ESPN's Hoopgirlz 2019 class have yet to verbal/commit. Top 10 uncommitted recruits = #1 Haley Jones, #3 Aliyah Boston, #9 Rickea Jackson & #10 Laeticia Amihere. :D

The "dry spell" ends next week for us as UConn will play 3 games - Sunday (Ohio St), Thursday (Southern Ct) & Saturday against Vanderbilt in the Hall of Fame Showcase, Mohegan Sun Arena.

Tuesday, after the excitement dies down over the Ohio State game, and everyone's blood pressure returns to normal, we'll take a look at UConn's last exhibition game opponent, Southern Connecticut State, and see what's going on in the Owl's nest. :)
I just hope against SC St. that Collier and KLS can stay under 40 minutes to be ready for Vandy.

Reaction Score
I will admit that I tend to be a pessimist, but it is a little bit of both. I think that the strong relationship that Boston, Fudd, and Bueckers have with Brunelle, and ND's recent success, means that they end together in South Bend. I think that location and education are going to play a big factor for Jones, and she ends up at Stanford. I also think that the number of kids that are willing to make the sacrifices needed to play for Coach Auriemma, are getting fewer and fewer by the year. He is etremely hard on his players, because he views getting anything but the absolute best out of every player, as a failure. Again, I really hope I am wrong about this.
You are, so you should be happy real soon.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just hope against SC St. that Collier and KLS can stay under 40 minutes to be ready for Vandy.

Being an exhibition game, Geno may give the reserves this last opportunity to redeem themselves and their poor showing against Vanguard.

Based on the reports we’re getting from the Ohio State game, the starters should be able to put that game away early in the 4th quarter, giving the reserves an opportunity to earn back some of the trust they lost Sunday.

Reaction Score
Being an exhibition game, Geno may give the reserves this last opportunity to redeem themselves and their poor showing against Vanguard.

Based on the reports we’re getting from the Ohio State game, the starters should be able to put that game away early in the 4th quarter, giving the reserves an opportunity to earn back some of the trust they lost Sunday.
Based on Ohio State’s performance today, I’d say early in the 1st quarter. Imagine a B1G powerhouse being 0-2 vs. the AAC...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Frankly I want the beat down/schooling to be so severe that Team 2 plays the entire 2nd half.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm assuming you mean South Carolina.
Either way, as long as she's coaching WCBB Dawn Staley should always be considered a threat when it comes to signing elite point guards.. she's currently on a nice run with Harris, Henderson and now Cooke. That said, with Henderson for another three years and Cooke for another four, I don't think SC is gunning to sign a PG in 2020, we may sign one but it's not priority #1. As far as I know, the point guard we're interested in for 2020 is Sarah Andrews. I wouldn't be surprised if we offered Bueckers, but I don't really think any point guard in 2020 is a top priority for us besides maybe Andrews.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:How you going to talk about SC PGs and gloss over Miss Team Takeover Cooper like that?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Frankly I want the beat down/schooling to be so severe that Team 2 plays the entire 2nd half.

There is no beat down on this planet that will convince Geno to let our bench play the entire second half.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
ohhhhhhhhh you just try getting the ball out of Cooke's hands.....I think you guys are going to be calling her "coast to coast" before you know it.....Sarah Andrews is on everybody's radar including UConn I think....she is the Robin in Batman and Robin along with Ms Gusters...just waiting for the double recruitment stories to start..

I am more than aware Cooke is definitely a scoring point guard. I was following her long before USAB... which is why I think she ends up playing the off guard at SC or I can see her playing an Asia Durr-like role (not the primary ball handler, but the offense runs through her). She’ll be playing with Henderson who’s a pass first pg and is being groomed to assume primary pg duties once Harris leaves. They compliment one another.

Reaction Score

Vandy? The team that just lost to North Alabama?

I think KLS and Collier could run a marathon the day before the game and we’d still be ok.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Vandy? The team that just lost to North Alabama?

I think KLS and Collier could run a marathon the day before the game and we’d still be ok.
There is a general misconception about P-5 conferences when it comes to WBB that goes something like, "P-5 conferences are much deeper and more competitive than all the other conferences." While P-5 conferences are generally better, after you get past the top 2-3 teams in each conference, teams are frequently characterized by mediocrity.

Reaction Score
Gusters is high on Tennessee, I’m not seeing a package deal with Andrews but you never no.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gusters is high on Tennessee, I’m not seeing a package deal with Andrews but you never no.
Gusters has a connection to TN both past (Tamika Catchings) and present (Zarielle Green) since all attended same HS, Duncanville. Besides that connection what would make Gusters high on TN?

Reaction Score
There is a general misconception about P-5 conferences when it comes to WBB that goes something like, "P-5 conferences are much deeper and more competitive than all the other conferences." While P-5 conferences are generally better, after you get past the top 2-3 teams in each conference, teams are frequently characterized by mediocrity.

Top 2-3? BS. The top half at least.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Top 2-3? BS. The top half at least.
IMO, a strong conference has a number of teams challenging each year for the conference championship. The SEC has been dominated by SC. Perhaps this year MS St will dethrone them. Baylor owns the Big12. MD owns the BIG. ND or Louisville own the ACC. The Pac12 is a little more competitive with Oregon, OSt and Stanford fighting for the top spot. Come tournament time, the Usual Suspects make their runs deep into the tournament with very few exceptions.

Reaction Score
IMO, a strong conference has a number of teams challenging each year for the conference championship. The SEC has been dominated by SC. Perhaps this year MS St will dethrone them. Baylor owns the Big12. MD owns the BIG. ND or Louisville own the ACC. The Pac12 is a little more competitive with Oregon, OSt and Stanford fighting for the top spot. Come tournament time, the Usual Suspects make their runs deep into the tournament with very few exceptions.

do you think UConn will ever know what a strong conference looks like..........................ever?

Reaction Score

No, you don't get change your argument mid-stream. You said the teams outside of the 2-3 are mediocre compared to non-P5 teams. That is false.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom