2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 164 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Does Marshall even have a UConn offer?

not that I'm aware of but lately that doesn't seem to matter when recruits put out a larger list..............I would have to assume that when they get down to a final final list they know they have an offer in hand.........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
We know Boston has visited UConn unofficially several times but do we know if she has visited the other 3 schools?

I believe she's been to Ohio State

Word around campus is that Ms. Boston, Jones and Amihere will all take their official visits to ND this September.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Word around campus is that Ms. Boston, Jones and Amihere will all take their official visits to ND this September.

I know and taking an official visit to a school that makes her final list makes sense. My question was whether she has visited any of the other 3 schools unofficially. It appears she did to Ohio State.

I also don't believe Boston hosted coaches for home visits, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I think it is Fudd just having a laugh and the others playing along. But many a true word is said in jest.

Apropros of no particular person or thread, that reminds me of a great line, which I hear a lot in a Jayhawks song: "..there's a little bit of truth in every lie."

Seem to saying that to myself a lot these days....

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I know and taking an official visit to a school that makes her final list makes sense. My question was whether she has visited any of the other 3 schools unofficially. It appears she did to Ohio State.

Up to this time, no one is aware of Ms. Boston having been to Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Either interesting or terrifying. Haven't decided yet.

And it's not just Fudd's comment. Haley Jones as well.

I'm not getting drawn into over analyzing these kinds of comments any more.................I've already stated that due to reasons beyond their control there's a chance UConn gets some of the players they want from those two classes but there's just as great a chance that they get only one or yes, possibly none............that's why I've been pleading for additional players to be considered for quite some time.............hello Jordan Horston, Aubrey Griffin and hopefully others (Caitlin Clark, Ally Campbell etc)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Up to this time, no one is aware of Ms. Boston having been to Notre Dame.

Thanks. I also don't believe Boston hosted any home visits but, as I mentioned in my edited post above, I'm not certain of that.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Thanks. I also don't believe Boston hosted any home visits but, as I mentioned in my edited post above, I'm not certain of that.

Regarding the home visits, have not heard anything on that, either. I'll pass along anything I hear from The Bench in regards to that (or anywhere else).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I did not watch the recent tournament but did Horston start too?! I don’t remember she had ND in her finalist of schools.

The comments on instagram are probably just some trolling from the Azzi, Jones, etc...however signing period needs to come quickly, I don’t think I can take this any longer
Not only did Horston start, she won the MVP/MOP award and was arguably the best player.

Some dates to contemplate:

Today is August 5.

Classes start in late August or early September, so 3-4 weeks from now.

First Night is in mid-October, so either October 12 or 19; that's about 10 weeks away.

The early signing period begins about a week into November, so that's about 13 weeks away.

I think that most of the highly ranked 2019 kids will announce within the next 14 weeks. Some will verbal before the LOI period. There have been very few elite commits in the past 3-4 months (Brunelle being an exception); the pace of announcements will accelerate in about a month.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Boston (w/ Brunelle, Bueckers and Van Lith) will be participating in the 3x3 competition in the Youth Olympic games in Argentina in October. The games run from October 6-18 so Boston will likely visit Storrs after returning from Argentina.

Remember, Boston's parents live and work in the VI. Hopefully they'll be able to travel with her on her visits. I'm sure she'll want her parents to be comfortable with her choice.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
What constitutes an offer? Is there a written document or is it merely the head coach saying to the recruit, "We're offering you a scholarship to play basketball here." If it's the latter, then I can understand the uncertainty regarding whether Brunelle was offered a scholarship to UConn. But if it's the former, then there's a paper trail.

How is an offer withdrawn? Verbally? In writing?

Regards some of the high-profile players on the U17 team, is there precedence for this international bonding process to lead to core members choosing the same college?

Can a player under the age of 18 commit to a school without the blessing/signature of her parent(s)?

Inquiring minds--mine, too--want to know.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I believe South Carolina is a finalist for Boston, Horston, and Jones too.

The tweet for Marshall’s top 10 won’t show up. She is a 6’5” 2020. What were the 10?

UCONN
Maryland
Texas
Tennessee
South Carolina
Notre Dame
Stanford
Syracuse
UCLA
Duke

Reaction Score
Whenever a recruit posts something on social media and we all scramble to infer their college decision, I always smile and think about this movie...:D

WeightyAccomplishedDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif

Reaction Score
Regarding the home visits, have not heard anything on that, either. I'll pass along anything I hear from The Bench in regards to that (or anywhere else).

A home visit would need to be in the VI's, where her parents live. She lives with an aunt.

I'm not getting drawn into over analyzing these kinds of comments any more.......I've already stated that due to reasons beyond their control there's a chance UConn gets some of the players they want from those two classes but there's just as great a chance that they get only one or yes, possibly none..that's why I've been pleading for additional players to be considered for quite some time...hello Jordan Horston, Aubrey Griffin and hopefully others (Caitlin Clark, Ally Campbell etc)

I'd be willing to give long odds against UConn signing none of the 5. And Horston is one of that group so I don't understand "hello Jordan Horston". There are many valid reasons for an elite player choosing a school other than UConn but I can't remember the last 2-3 year recruiting period when UConn got shut out of any elite level players. Most fans would say the opposite. And "pleading"? Do you know for a fact that others aren't being considered?

Reaction Score
A home visit would need to be in the VI's, where her parents live. She lives with an aunt.

I'd be willing to give long odds against UConn signing none of the 5. And Horston is one of that group so I don't understand "hello Jordan Horston". There are many valid reasons for an elite player choosing a school other than UConn but I can't remember the last 2-3 year recruiting period when UConn got shut out of any elite level players. Most fans would say the opposite. And "pleading"? Do you know for a fact that others aren't being considered?

UConn was late to the Horston party...................her game clearly improved in the past 6-8 months so that may be the reason but most if not all of her other offers came well before............a recent article mentioned that all of the top schools other then UConn had offered Clark..............I've only read one quick mention of Campbell as a player of interest for UConn but who knows......

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UConn was late to the Horston party....her game clearly improved in the past 6-8 months so that may be the reason but most if not all of her other offers came well before..a recent article mentioned that all of the top schools other then UConn had offered Clark....I've only read one quick mention of Campbell as a player of interest for UConn but who knows.
I also believe that many so called experts underestimated her level of competition and the comparatively low numbers she'd been putting up against said competition. Once she came to camp though it was clear to Carla what the story was and that this Horston kid is the real. Again, for me the minute she hit the floor she just jumped off the screen.

Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled with any 4 of the top 7 on the U17 team (as long as Bueckers was one of them) but the FIBA U17 is not exactly the toughest competition and sometimes players who shine at that level look more ordinary when the competition gets bigger and better. That's especially true for those who play inside. What works inside when you are 6'1" and guarded by a player 5'11" disappears when the opponent is 6'3" and has 30 lbs on you.

Too many USA teams win simply because they are bigger, faster and more athletic and the games look a lot like all-star games. What impressed me the most about the games in Minsk wasn't the individual play but rather their eagerness in playing as a team. The extra pass, actually setting a screen, cutting without the ball. It was actually entertaining.

Reaction Score
I also believe that many so called experts underestimated her level of competition and the comparatively low numbers she'd been putting up against said competition. Once she came to camp though it was clear to Carla what the story was and that this Horston kid is the real. Again, for me the minute she hit the floor she just jumped off the screen.

I've been watching her for two seasons and the jump she made has been pretty monumental..............not so much in terms of skill but more in terms of her maturity and court savvy.................I remember commenting that she would drive Geno crazy if she continued with her sometimes wild, head down, end to end drives against multiple defenders................now she's got her head up, far more under control..............kudos to her coaches as she's become a real floor leader

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been watching her for two seasons and the jump she made has been pretty monumental....not so much in terms of skill but more in terms of her maturity and court savvy.......I remember commenting that she would drive Geno crazy if she continued with her sometimes wild, head down, end to end drives against multiple defenders......now she's got her head up, far more under control....kudos to her coaches as she's become a real floor leader
I recall your post and thought Jordan looked a little wild in the past, but not now.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I've been watching her for two seasons and the jump she made has been pretty monumental....not so much in terms of skill but more in terms of her maturity and court savvy.......I remember commenting that she would drive Geno crazy if she continued with her sometimes wild, head down, end to end drives against multiple defenders......now she's got her head up, far more under control....kudos to her coaches as she's become a real floor leader
I remember your post also. That is one reason I was so surprised she looks so good now. Also, I'm with you in regards to having concern that UConn may miss out on most, if not all, of the players are recruiting. But then, maybe that is because I know that if they strike out on most of them it will really slow the building of another NC caliber team.

Reaction Score
I remember your post also. That is one reason I was so surprised she looks so good now. Also, I'm with you in regards to having concern that UConn may miss out on most, if not all, of the players are recruiting. But then, maybe that is because I know that if they strike out on most of them it will really slow the building of another NC caliber team.

I'm not greedy...........I'd be happy if UConn could land even one or two of the favorites from each class

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom