2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 180 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Before her visit to Louisville it was stated by Demling ( our beat reporter) that she had a visit scheduled with ND. Since her visit has ended with us he has stated it is between SC, KY and us, and she is not expected to take any other visits.

Well he doesn't exactly seem certain - "If she's down to those three...which like I said I believe she might be....don't think she would make visits elsewhere"

That's an "if" "believe" "might" and "don't think" in one sentence.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well he doesn't exactly seem certain - "If she's down to those three...which like I said I believe she might be....don't think she would make visits elsewhere"

That's an "if" "believe" "might" and "don't think" in one sentence.

I just looked at what Demling posted and it doesn't sound certain at all.

He claims SC is a finalist and no more visits but I don't think Amihere has visited SC yet. One Louisville poster mentions an upcoming visit to Stanford but the Cardinal have been out of the picture for a few months, as has UConn apparently.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'll save you the legwork since I already went hunting for it :)

On a Louisville message board. Another poster claimed to have inside information that Amihere is down to Louisville and South Carolina. Demling said that he had heard Louisville, Kentucky, and South Carolina.

Interesting. She’s kept it very close to the vest so this is a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score

Seems this should be getting more talking up then Amihere, who seems out of the U Conn picture.
Love her whole demeanor, toughness without any obnoxiousness. That DT is her role model I would think bodes well for U Conn on top of wanting big crowds and a pressurized environment.
She would be joining U Conn after CD graduates and would very quickly grow into the next great U Conn point guard.
Her making and playing a good backup role on the U17 and the 3x3 world finals indicates a huge leap.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
if in fact Amihere is out of the picture at UConn what is the fallback position if Boston goes elsewhere? It seems that after this coming season UConn would have a front court totally lacking in size other then ONO, Irwin and a big question mark in Camara..........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
if in fact Amihere is out of the picture at UConn what is the fallback position if Boston goes elsewhere? It seems that after this coming season UConn would have a front court totally lacking in size other then ONO, Irwin and a big question mark in Camara.....
Here’s another scenario. Perhaps Geno already knows that Boston is in the bag, so he’s backed off Amihere. I know some BY’ers will say, then why doesn’t she announce her commitment?

My answer is that just like CW, who privately committed to Geno well before she announced her choice publicly, Boston wants to enjoy the opportunity to announce her decision publicly, before a school assembly, with the cameras rolling in November. Hopefully, someone will lend her a Husky dog for the occasion.

Reaction Score
Here’s another scenario. Perhaps Geno already knows that Boston is in the bag, so he’s backed off Amihere. I know some BY’ers will say, then why doesn’t she announce her commitment?

My answer is that just like CW, who privately committed to Geno well before she announced her choice publicly, Boston wants to enjoy the opportunity to announce her decision publicly, before a school assembly, with the cameras rolling in November. Hopefully, someone will lend her a Husky dog for the occasion.

Oldude you know I respect your opinions---I wonder why Geno wouldn't use Amhere AND Boston, if both wanted Uconn, couldn't they get productive time. To me the only reason to "back off" on a high top level player is if they said NO to Geno or was unsuited to Uconn's style and Uconn kid mode.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Before her visit to Louisville it was stated by Demling ( our beat reporter) that she had a visit scheduled with ND. Since her visit has ended with us he has stated it is between SC, KY and us, and she is not expected to take any other visits.
Thanks for that update. Pre-visit Demling stated that Amihere had not announced the other two additional visits. Post-visit Demling states that Amihere will not be taking any additional visit. I guess I'm leaning towards congratulating Louisville then on snagging Amihere-unless she schedules a visit to SC.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
if in fact Amihere is out of the picture at UConn what is the fallback position if Boston goes elsewhere? It seems that after this coming season UConn would have a front court totally lacking in size other then ONO, Irwin and a big question mark in Camara.....
UCONN doesn't do "fall back" positions when it comes to recruiting.
I certainly hope you're right but then why would Boston lead other programs on by taking multiple official visits? As I've said many times before, I think UConn is playing a dangerous game with this hyper player selectivity but that's Geno's choice and he's got to live with the results.....
I don't know that "hyper player selectivity" seems to have worked out well so far!

Reaction Score

I certainly hope you're right but then why would Boston lead other programs on by taking multiple official visits? As I've said many times before, I think UConn is playing a dangerous game with this hyper player selectivity but that's Geno's choice and he's got to live with the results..........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I certainly hope you're right but then why would Boston lead other programs on by taking multiple official visits? As I've said many times before, I think UConn is playing a dangerous game with this hyper player selectivity but that's Geno's choice and he's got to live with the results.....
Why not take the trips? Football weekends in South Bend in the fall are great trips. Knowing the way Geno recruits, I would be surprised if he didn’t tell Boston to take all her trips to be certain of her decision.

I’ve said on multiple occasions that Boston is a lock for UConn. Do I believe she’s 100%? No. Nothing is 100% until the LOI is signed in Nov.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't think there has been a silent commitment by Boston. My answer as to why Geno may have backed off Amihere is simply because both Jones a Horston are still in the UCONN recruiting picture. Both players have the ability to play the PF or SF forward position in the UCONN offense better that Amihere. Blunt simple translation: Better players are available at the PF/SF position to UCONN than Brunelle and Amihere and UCONN is pursuing them. There are no better post players available to UCONN in 2019 than Boston- therefore as previously stated in an article "Boston is UCONN's recruiting priority in 2019".

Reaction Score

It's not necessarily a case of "leading on" other schools. Let's me pretend that I'm a highly recruited player. I've visited the top school in the country several times, partly because they are close, partly because of who they are and partly because they have made me welcome. I like everything about them and see myself playing there but those around me (coaches and family) have advised me to give other schools an opportunity to make their best case for me signing with them. I wouldn't be suprised if Geno himself has told her that. And I think any player would be ill advised to not take the opportunity to see what other programs offer them. A bit of advise I was given as a child was to believe nothing I hear and only half of what I see.

Reaction Score
It's not necessarily a case of "leading on" other schools. Let's me pretend that I'm a highly recruited player. I've visited the top school in the country several times, partly because they are close, partly because of who they are and partly because they have made me welcome. I like everything about them and see myself playing there but those around me (coaches and family) have advised me to give other schools an opportunity to make their best case for me signing with them. I wouldn't be suprised if Geno himself has told her that. And I think any player would be ill advised to not take the opportunity to see what other programs offer them. A bit of advise I was given as a child was to believe nothing I hear and only half of what I see.

that makes sense but being the guilt ridden person I am I would feel uncomfortable kicking the tires of another program if I was already sold on UConn

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
how about "tied up"......
Nah.. that doesn't do anything for me. To @oldude larger point "commitment" doesn't mean anything until NLI is signed. In fact I take that a step further and say not until graduation or when they have exhausted their eligibility- EDD and Azura Stevens are perfect examples.

Reaction Score
Nah.. that doesn't do anything for me. To @oldude larger point "commitment" doesn't mean anything until NLI is signed. In fact I take that a step further and say not until graduation or when they have exhausted their eligibility- EDD and Azura Stevens are perfect examples.

well I don't know about you but I'm pretty confident Collier and Samuelson aren't going anywhere.............:rolleyes:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Thanks for that update. Pre-visit Demling stated that Amihere had not announced the other two additional visits. Post-visit Demling states that Amihere will not be taking any additional visit. I guess I'm leaning towards congratulating Louisville then on snagging Amihere-unless she schedules a visit to SC.

The way I read it is that she won't be taking visits "elsewhere" - as in besides her final 3. So that would mean still visiting South Carolina.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom