2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 152 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cardinals reporter Jody Demling's 1st-hand report on Griffin:

Aubrey is listed as a guard but far from it. She plays the 3-4 for her team and she can also run the point. Like I said before, she's a more physical Candyce Bingham....she's a Jazz-type without the explosive leaping ability but maybe better handles (at this stage).

I certainly would not say she's a guard....and they're in great shape and would take her in a heartbeat.

Just got back from watching her and she had 23 today (16 were from her posted on the block)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Cardinals reporter Jody Demling's 1st-hand report on Griffin:

Aubrey is listed as a guard but far from it. She plays the 3-4 for her team and she can also run the point. Like I said before, she's a more physical Candyce Bingham....she's a Jazz-type without the explosive leaping ability but maybe better handles (at this stage).

I certainly would not say she's a guard....and they're in great shape and would take her in a heartbeat.

Just got back from watching her and she had 23 today (16 were from her posted on the block)

Exactly what i have been saying from the beginning. She is a 3/4 and imo will project as that at the next level. Maya Moore was also 6’1 and played the 4 spot all thru college successfully. I have seen Griffin play and she definitely has handles but she was lethal around the basket and in the paint.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yea. Saw that but at least GA and CD are watching her. I wasn’t sure there was any interest.
Maybe they found out their other choices are not committing to Uconn. I hope that is not the case.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
After watching Aubrey Griffin play in Louisville Geno traveled to Colorado Springs to watch the U17 team scrimmage as they continue preparation for the World Cup later this month.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Louisville in on everyone.

The 6-foot-2 Griffin, whose father is an assistant coach with the Oklahoma City Thunder, has an athletic background. She’s a very versatile guard and can play several positions at the college level. She missed her sophomore season because of an ACL.

Top rank: No. 56 by ESPN’s HoopGurlz

U of L’s chances: Louisville appears to be the favorite unless Connecticut offers - which they likely will after her showing last weekend. Other schools are trying to get in the mix.

Here are 10 University of Louisville women's basketball recruits to watch in the Class of 2019

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Louisville in on everyone.

And he was just in Canada checking out the top-ranked 2020 Canadian recruit Merissah Russell (5-11 G). Recall she played in the Global Showcase against the US team that had Brunelle, Horston, Jackson and others. Russell and Horston were by far the best players in that game. I think Russell has already visited Louisville.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith ala Shea Ralph. Uconn will get her. Boston and Jones complete the trifecta. Future battles with the leprechauns will be classic. I feel like the Irish will get SB "friends". Uconns team with the 3 named above, Megantron and the girl with the strong game who scores points will be formidable.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith ala Shea Ralph. Uconn will get her. Boston and Jones complete the trifecta. Future battles with the leprechauns will be classic. I feel like the Irish will get SB "friends". Uconns team with the 3 named above, Megantron and the girl with the strong game who scores points will be formidable.

problem is Boston seems to be an SB friend and also played AAU with ND pledge Jordan Nixon..............don't assume she's a UConn lock............

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Wow Van Lith has a great handle - knows how to create space - reminds me of Chauncey Billups only left handed. Lindsay Whelan comes to mind as well.

Hope we get her!

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
problem is Boston seems to be an SB friend and also played AAU with ND pledge Jordan Nixon....don't assume she's a UConn lock..
Boston is practically a fixture at UConn home games. She lives right up the road in MA. I’m sure she’s friends with lots of players she knows from the AAU circuit and USA b-ball.

And then there is the history of outstanding UConn bigs who achieved their potential as Huskies: Lobo, Wolters, Charles, Dolson, Stokes & Stewart.

Mark my word. Boston will be playing her college basketball somewhere in New England. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Boston is practically a fixture at UConn home games. She lives right up the road in MA. I’m sure she’s friends with lots of players she knows from the AAU circuit and USA b-ball.

And then there is the history of outstanding UConn bigs who achieved their potential as Huskies: Lobo, Wolters, Charles, Dolson, Stokes & Stewart.

Mark my word. Boston will be playing her college basketball somewhere in New England. :rolleyes:

I certainly hope you're right but as I've noted before, it seems a bit odd that a UConn "lock" wouldn't just accept the offer to end whatever recruiting pressure she might be under never mind the fan speculation.........I would think she'd be jumping at the chance of being a possible four year starter for such a storied program........I don't buy the "target on your back" argument as plenty of other recruits have announced without any negative ramifications that I'm aware of.........frankly I think Ms Boston can take care of herself if she receives some razzing from other players or fans........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I certainly hope you're right but as I've noted before, it seems a bit odd that a UConn "lock" wouldn't just accept the offer to end whatever recruiting pressure she might be under never mind the fan speculation....I would think she'd be jumping at the chance of being a possible four year starter for such a storied program...I don't buy the "target on your back" argument as plenty of other recruits have announced without any negative ramifications that I'm aware of....frankly I think Ms Boston can take care of herself if she receives some razzing from other players or fans...
I’ve learned from experience that expecting teenagers to get things done on your schedule is a recipe for futility. I’m sure Boston is enjoying the recruiting experience, and I suspect that Geno is not pressuring her for a commitment at this time.

While I realize that BY’ers would all love to have “non-binding” verbal commitments from Boston and a host of other UConn recruits. After the experience with Charli Collier, the only commitment I care about is the one accompanied by a signature that can only be made during the early signing period of Nov 14-28.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom