2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 153 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Orangutan was kidding I'm sure. Still, has to be some interest in a college that they named after you.

HUSK: College??? Seems they named the whole dang town after her; and I bet maybe Geno had a hand in that,eh?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I’ve learned from experience that expecting teenagers to get things done on your schedule is a recipe for futility. I’m sure Boston is enjoying the recruiting experience, and I suspect that Geno is not pressuring her for a commitment at this time.

While I realize that BY’ers would all love to have “non-binding” verbal commitments from Boston and a host of other UConn recruits. After the experience with Charli Collier, the only commitment I care about is the one accompanied by a signature that can only be made during the early signing period of Nov 14-28.
Attempting to unravel the motivation of teenagers is an exercise fraught with peril but I believe you're correct wise Ancient One and Boston merely is enjoying the process of being flattered and courted. Once she announces, the wooing subsides if not vanishes so who would blame her (besides anxious Boneyard devotees) for playing hard-to-get? Patience, Husky hoop aficionados, patience.

Reaction Score
problem is Boston seems to be an SB friend and also played AAU with ND pledge Jordan Nixon....don't assume she's a UConn lock..

While I agree about not assuming anyone a lock can you name the players who, in their final choice of school mentioned friendship or AAU teammates as being high on their list of reasons?

Reaction Score
The 2019's won't be playing their first college game for a year and a half. Now for an old fart like myself that is a very short time, for a 16/17 year old it is 10% of their life and a long long way off. I tend to project my own anxiousness in wanting decisions on to these recruits because I see 11/20 being around the corner, when they likely see next November as an eon away, and Nov., 2019 as another dimension.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I agree about not assuming anyone a lock can you name the players who, in their final choice of school mentioned friendship or AAU teammates as being high on their list of reasons?
How about Stewie who was great friends with her Philadelphia Bells AAU teammate, Britney Sykes, who went to Stewie’s hometown school Syracuse?

Oh wait, I seem to recall that Stewie went to another school. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wow, hard to see her not accepting if reporting is accurate.

That will make the hunt for Horston and Jones really interesting.

Even Amihere considering Griffin's proclivity to post up and play like a forward.

Reaction Score
pretty good for the #56 player in the country..............so much for the Ossining curse.................certainly UConn feels Horston and Jones are not sure things.............this is a good insurance policy.............

Even Amihere considering Griffin's proclivity to post up and play like a forward.

there's certainly room for the three of them............I view Amihere as a 4 or 5..........an occasional Griffin post up shouldn't be an issue

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I don’t think a commitment from Griffin will affect Horston one bit. Horston is a guard. Jones can play 2/3/4 so she is more likely to take notice but it’s teenage girls. Who knows.

Reaction Score
pretty good for the #56 player in the country....so much for the Ossining curse.......certainly UConn feels Horston and Jones are not sure things...this is a good insurance policy...

there's certainly room for the three of them..I view Amihere as a 4 or 5.....an occasional Griffin post up shouldn't be an issue
"Certainly UConn feels"?
The only thing I'm certain of is that none of us knows how "Uconn feels"

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't forget that the "initial" reporting that Aubrey was down to UCONN and Louisville has already been corrected. Aubrey is also looking at Mississippi State and UNC and ????.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't forget that the "initial" reporting that Aubrey was down to UCONN and Louisville has already been corrected. Aubrey is also looking at Mississippi State and UNC and ????.

South Carolina.

But her father was reported as saying UConn is her dream school.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New local report on Azzi Fudd. The quote below was given last fall, keep in mind.

"It’s incredible because a few years ago I never thought I would get this good," Fudd told WUSA9 last October. "You don’t just see that so thinking about what my future looks like...I’ve have no idea what it holds, but I hope its something good like being a starter at the University of Connecticut."

Va. basketball phenom lives up to the hype

Reaction Score
do you think that UConn would have offered her at this point if they had Horston and Jones locked up? As much as I like her game I'm not so certain about that...
Charlie my friend, I have no idea. I'm certain of that.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
do you think that UConn would have offered her at this point if they had Horston and Jones locked up? As much as I like her game I'm not so certain about that...

I’m confused why you keep asking about Horston with relation to Griffin. Horston is a guard. Griffin is not. The 2 could play and start together with no issue.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
All-Iowa won the Nike Nationals in Chicago behind Caitlin Clark. Elite 2021 prospect Rayah Marshall was runner up on the Cal Storm. Clark scored 23 in the final, Marshall 14.

Reaction Score

Yes, I do. I think Coach Auriemma learned his lesson with Charli Collier, that a verbal means absolutely nothing.

Reaction Score
I think some would take her verbal as evidence that UConn had been rejected by other, more highly ranked players and would take her verbal to another school as evidence that UConn is losing it's attraction to top players. :rolleyes:

There certainly have been years when other schools have out-recruited UConn but if we were to keep a rolling 3 year list of signed recruits by rank, UConn would be on top by a wide margin in every one. But all it takes is one year without 2 or 3 top 5 players and to some the sky is falling. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom