2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 85 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As mentioned in another thread UConn was at a Blair Academy - Rutgers Prep game today, probably to scout the latter's Leilani Correa, a 2019 guard.

Here's a recent assessment of Correa from local media:

Leilani Correa, Rutgers Prep, Jr.

Correa, who has turned into one of N.J.'s best players over the past two seasons, is averaging 16.2 points per game for Rutgers Prep this year and hopes to lead the Argonauts to another berth in the Tournament of Champions. With a pure jump shoot, Correa is nearly unstoppable when she drives to the basket.

Scan nearly to the bottom:

Best ballers: Players to watch in the girls #NJHoops state tourney

My daughter has played head to head against Correa on several occasions and always ended up way on the short end................extremely quick with an improving outside shot..........LC has been slowed by an ankle injury so her stats are down a bit...............her game is very is similar to LILU's Celeste Taylor who is going to Texas..................in addition to Correa, UConn had a chance to see Blair's excellent freshmen back court combination of Dominique Darius and Olivia Miles who are making waves in the prep school world...........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2021 Amari DeBerry's three games last week:

14 points

19 points, 12 rebounds

18 points

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/13

Paige Bueckers scored 21 points on Tuesday.

Kylee Watson scored 20 points.

Reaction Score
it appears the recruiting battle for those two along with Fudd and Brunelle continues to heat up............if UConn doesn't get them it won't be for lack of trying.........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
a UConn coaches job is never done.......

During ND's bye week, Coach McGraw flew out to California, saw Haley Jones play, then came back. She estimated she was on the ground some "six hours." Ms. Jones must be highly thought of for these two coaches to be pulling "short stints" and/or red eyes. ;)

Reaction Score
During ND's bye week, Coach McGraw flew out to California, saw Haley Jones play, then came back. She estimated she was on the ground some "six hours." Ms. Jones must be highly thought of for these two coaches to be pulling "short stints" and/or red eyes. ;)

You'd think the kid would just make up her mind already just to allow those "old" coaches to stay home and relax in their Lazyboys..................:rolleyes:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
You'd think the kid would just make up her mind already just to allow those "old" coaches to stay home and relax in their Lazyboys...:rolleyes:

Agreed...where's a good old barco-lounger for the Philly kids?
No rest for the weary...MM takes the team Charlottesville (almost the "right" coast) tonight against a UVA team that has several Jersey kids on the squad. They play physically....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed...where's a good old barco-lounger for the Philly kids?
No rest for the weary...MM takes the team to Charlottesville tonight against a UVA team that has several Jersey kids on the squad. They play physically....

yes I remember seeing those Jersey kids in high school............Willoughby went to my old school (for five years anyway) Newark Academy

Dillon77

Reaction Score
yes I remember seeing those Jersey kids in high school..Willoughby went to my old school (for five years anyway) Newark Academy

Saw Willoughby play against Hines-Allen of Montclair on a few occasions (either games or scrimmages). They brought it against each other! I remember Willoughby was injured her junior (?) year and thought it might've affected her overall placement in the recruiting scheme of themes. At the end of the day, she's in the ACC at a fine school.

Been to the NA campus more than a few times for soccer and other athletic events.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It will be fascinating to see how the 2019 recruiting class unfolds for UConn. With UConn graduating Lou, Pheesa & Z next year, initially I felt UConn would place a premium on frontcourt talent, thinking Brunelle, Boston and Amihere would be a nice trio of replacements.

Once UConn secured a somewhat surprising commitment from ONO, the calculus began to change. If Ezi also commits, that changes the calculus entirely.

Certainly Brunelle is still in the picture, but it would be difficult to bring in both Amihere and Boston. So more recently, Geno has been looking at wings and combo guards. I gather that Jones has been in the picture for some time, but more recently UConn has started to look at Horston, Correa and perhaps others we don’t know about.

I know Brunelle has a scholarship offer, but it would be interesting to know who else in the class of 2019 may have an offer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom