2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 69 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some Interesting Sam B news

I understand she’s a busy young lady. In the interest of time management, she might as well drop another 8 teams from her list. Simplify things and give her more time to post pictures with Jonathan the mascot.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some Interesting Sam B news

Her remaining nine:

UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky, Wake Forest, NC State

I'm guessing she's not going to any of the latter four.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does she have a fat chance of going to those 4 schools or a slim chance of going to any of them?:)

Reaction Score
I understand she’s a busy young lady. In the interest of time management, she might as well drop another 8 teams from her list. Simplify things and give her more time to post pictures with Jonathan the mascot.

You ARE funny!!! But true. What a mind visual that becomes..

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cameron Brink's Southridge squad played twice last week. Brink averaged 15 points and 13 rebounds in the two games.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/9

Samantha Brunelle scored 40 of her team's 54 points Tuesday.

She added 20 rebounds.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Last edited by a moderator:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star evaluation from Blue Star Invitational:

Kylee Watson – 2020 – 6-3 – Post – Mainland Regional – Established prospect still effective on a tough night…Plays with effort that allows her to make plays on both ends…Uses her frame and strength more and more efficiently…Gets out and runs the floor on the break…Active with and without the ball…Perimeter shot continues to evolve and shows evidence of focus and repetitions towards eventual refinement

2017 Blue Star Elite Invitational Tournament - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
Her remaining nine:

UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky, Wake Forest, NC State

I'm guessing she's not going to any of the latter four.
With this level of talent I get it, but always wonder why we put 15-17 year old girls through this level of scrutiny.

Reaction Score
Forty out of teams fifty four points and twenty rebounds? She must not have played the fourth quarter or had to sit for part of the game because of foul trouble.:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd highlights from her performance against Paul VI last week (1/3):

The more I hear about Fudd, the more I like her. She's very talented and poised. A great student and has parents that are keeping her in the right frame of mind. Thinking how good she is now, holding her won against girls 3 years older than her, and how she's only going to get better. Where will she be in 3 years? Will she be averaging 30 ppg? She'll be doing just the opposite then. Playing against girls younger than her. I realize it's early in her high school career, but I hope a verbal to UConn is on the horizon. What an asset she would be to the program. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In-depth piece on Azzi Fudd:

“She’s like Kawhi Leonard. It’s hard to say what position she is, she’s just Azzi and does everything, you know?” St. John’s Coach Jonathan Scribner said before the season. “You just don’t see it very often. She is something that’s different. You’re seeing a unicorn.”

Azzi is technically a combo guard capable of running an offense and thriving as an off-ball scorer. But, as Scribner pointed to, it is hard to define her as just that. She is a high-percentage three-point shooter and has the upper-body strength to score inside. She is a strong perimeter defender and can protect the paint. She played point guard for Team USA’s gold medal-winning 16-and-under team this summer — as a 14-year old — but Coach Carla Berube said, “We could also rely on her to guard all five positions.”

Her first scholarship offer came from Maryland, when she was in sixth grade, and the 5-foot-11 guard has since been recruited by a large handful of power-conference programs, including Stanford, Tennessee and Connecticut, whose legendary Coach Geno Auriemma stopped in to see her work out this fall on an otherwise normal day at St. John’s in Northwest Washington, D.C.

“What do you think it was like?” she asked, smiling at her own sarcasm. “I was so nervous.”

Well, did it show?

“No,” she shot back, smiling even wider. “I crushed it that day.”

‘She does everything’: Freshman is already one of nation’s top high school recruits

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I thought UConn had some interest here but could be mistaken:

I know she was part of the "Camp Niele" gathering last fall at Notre Dame with the dozen that attended the NC State game (fellow Penn resident Maddie Burke was also there). Speaking of Maddie, it was interesting to note in the article that she's switching her club allegiance to the Philly Belles this year, joining Ms. Burke and Kylee Watson.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/10

Haley Jones hit the 1,000 point mark for her career Wednesday and put up:

23 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, 4 blocks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/12

Sam Brunelle scored 30 points on Friday.

Hopkins gave away an 18-pt lead in the second half to fall again. Paige Bueckers had 15 in the loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom