2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 58 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Ali - Alydar - Affirmed. Yup....old enough to remember then all. :rolleyes:

Can't say I've seen anyone that runs like Mick "The Quick" Rivers, though. And that's probably a good thing ;)

Obviously you are too young to remember. (lucky you). The Ali I referred to was Mohammed Ali.

here it is:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/15

Kind of a big development that I noticed this past week continued today:

6-4 post Aliyah Boston is hitting three pointers.

She hit a couple earlier in the week and I thought perhaps they were heaves or something but it looks like a pattern now.

On Friday (12/15), Worcester played two games. In the first, Boston hit her second of two 3-pointers to win the game in overtime, finishing with 19 points.

In the second game, Boston hit three 3's! She finished with 33 points overall and surpassed the 1,000 point mark for her career.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2021 Saylor Poffenbarger's stats from Thursday (12/14):

26 points, 12 rebounds, 6 steals, 4 blocks, 4 assists

She also has a 20 point, 19 rebound, 5 assist game this year.

Looks quite impressive from highlights.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
2021 Saylor Poffenbarger's stats from Thursday (12/14):

26 points, 12 rebounds, 6 steals, 4 blocks, 4 assists

She also has a 20 point, 19 rebound, 5 assist game this year.

Looks quite impressive from highlights.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw Saylor last Spring at an ASGR event in Raleigh
Loved her !!
Raved about her on Twitter all that week

soo much Versatility Upside for such a Young Wing prospect . Legit Size too
had all the look of a future UConn prospect , future Highly rated kid

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Thanks for the insight. In the world of horse racing the ability to have a burst of speed more than once in a race is called "tactical speed" and is both rare and highly prized in longer races. Bueckers has a habit of taking a little hop just before blowing past defenders that reminded me of something that I finally figured out was the Ali shuffle that the former champ used just before landing a quick combination.
I've covered "the world of horse racing" for more than 40 years and never heard of "tactical speed" referred to as a second move. Tactical speed is a quickness of foot that allows a horse to gain a good position in a race--usually stalking--despite a disadvantageous post or bulky field.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw Saylor last Spring at an ASGR event in Raleigh
Loved her !!
Raved about her on Twitter all that week

soo much Versatility Upside for such a Young Wing prospect . Legit Size too
had all the look of a future UConn prospect , future Highly rated kid

She looks to have quite the upside on both ends of the court.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Coaching in college has definitely become a full-time, year round job. If you're not coaching your kids, and scouting teams for upcoming games on your schedule, you're scouting prospective recruits that are high on your radar, at their high school and AAU games throughout the year. No rest for the weary. :confused:

Reaction Score
Coaching in college has definitely become a full-time, year round job. If you're not coaching your kids, and scouting teams for upcoming games on your schedule, you're scouting prospective recruits that are high on your radar, at their high school and AAU games throughout the year. No rest for the weary. :confused:

I think it's one part of the game that eventually wears down the older coaches to the point of retirement

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Hey, the rest of us work (or worked) full time jobs, why not them? :p

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think it's one part of the game that eventually wears down the older coaches to the point of retirement

And in youth sports (travel, variety), it's parents and poaching ("hey, we can get you exposure/extra skills/fill in the blank"). I know many excellent coaches that have hung it up due to the "P's."

Reaction Score
And in youth sports (travel, variety), it's parents and poaching ("hey, we can get you exposure/extra skills/fill in the blank"). I know many excellent coaches that have hung it up due to the "P's."

OT: Dillon you missed a great game yesterday at Seton Hall..........the Pirates gave UCLA all they could handle before finally losing by nine........SH's second string point guard outscored Jordan Canada by 10 but Billings,Onyenwere and Hayes were a bit too much........fun to see a big time game in an old but useful 1,600 seat gym

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
OT: Dillon you missed a great game yesterday at Seton Hall.....the Pirates gave UCLA all they could handle before finally losing by nine...SH's second string point guard outscored Jordan Canada by 10 but Billings,Onyenwere and Hayes were a bit too much...fun to see a big time game in an old but useful 1,600 seat gym

I got your note after I got home from my morning hoops game, which was the last of the season before the holidays, so I didn't want to miss that.
Our family also had a tree-trimming get-together a long-time party to attend, so time was tight. Not to mention, there was an ND-Depaul game on at 1 p.m.

Love that gym...have seen many an ND-Pirate game there, including the great Ruth Riley-led teams.

Sounds like a good game and the outcome seems about right, too: UCLA has too much overall top-line talent.
Thanks for the report.

Doug Bruno swam and sank with a small-guard lineup yesterday against the Irish. He noted that the Irish have rarely had a player where the Princeton offense can run to and run through and Shepard is that player. He's right and teams that go "small ball" will run into this issue a bunch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom