2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 47 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Haven't heard anything about Clark being on UConn's radar yet.

me either but didn't want to stick her with the "enemy" if there's any chance .........she's awfully UConn-like in the way she plays

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers sidelined right now with an ankle injury. Hopkins' season gets underway on the 28th.

Reaction Score
Was Natalija Marshall at the game today? Someone was sitting behind the bench looked like her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I posted about Ducharme back in September:

Caroline Ducharme, c/o 2021 kid from MA. 6-0 G who plays for Nobles and Greenough School. Super smart. She would have been at U16 trials but for an injury. She's one to keep and eye on and UConn staff is doing just that. She just visited and received an offer from Maryland. Lots of elite schools looking at her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure about Marshall but Caroline Ducharme (2021) was there with her family.

I posted about Ducharme back in September:
Caroline Ducharme, c/o 2021 kid from MA. 6-0 G who plays for Nobles and Greenough School. Super smart. She would have been at U16 trials but for an injury. She's one to keep and eye on and UConn staff is doing just that. She just visited and received an offer from Maryland. Lots of elite schools looking at her.

We need to work on getting these two in the right shade of Blue: American Flag .
upload_2017-11-20_8-50-54.png

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Amari DeBerry, 6-4 F Williamsville, NY (near Buffalo), was at the game yesterday. She's class of 2021.

Reaction Score
Amari DeBerry, 6-4 F Williamsville, NY (near Buffalo), was at the game yesterday. She's class of 2021.

Maybe that's who I saw right behind the Uconn bench, she looked to be a light skinned girl in a gray sweatshirt, sitting between a man in a plaid shirt, and a young girl in a blue sweatshirt.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
me either but didn't want to stick her with the "enemy" if there's any chance ....she's awfully UConn-like in the way she plays

"Enemy?" Hmm? Whom might you be referring to?

I've read this and a few other pieces on Ms. Clarke, not to mention watched her over the summer (like just about everyone on this board and McGraw's Bench). I really like her decisive nature, both in terms of individual decisions and/or those related to the team. Very definitive. Not as flashy as Paige B., but awfully effective (kind of like a Sue. B - Diana T. thing).

Very interested in top-notch academics and community service. That can fit a number of schools. Like her Catholic H.S. background for possible fit with a South Bend-based institution...apparently a number of grads from her school attend and matriculate from ND.

Possible concern is the Irish have got some pretty good PG's coming in the next two years with Jordan Nixon (2018) and Anaya Peoples (2019). Will any/all be open to playing off-ball/sharing the rock if Ms. Clark was also interested? Peoples is on-record as saying "yes" about shifting off-the-ball...anything to help the team.

Still a bit too early in the winnowing process, but glad she came to the Bend in October. Hope she visits again.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn with interest in the #'s 1, 2, 4, and 6 players of the 2021 class according to Blue Star.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ok...who are #3 and #5?

#3 is Brianna Turnage, a guard with wing size out of Georgia.

#5 is Addison O'Grady from Colorado, a player I'm completely unfamiliar with.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"Enemy?" Hmm? Whom might you be referring to?

I've read this and a few other pieces on Ms. Clarke, not to mention watched her over the summer (like just about everyone on this board and McGraw's Bench). I really like her decisive nature, both in terms of individual decisions and/or those related to the team. Very definitive. Not as flashy as Paige B., but awfully effective (kind of like a Sue. B - Diana T. thing).

Very interested in op notch academics and community service. That can fit a number of schools. Like her Catholic H.S. background for possible fit with a South Bend-based institution.

Possible concern is the Irish have got some pretty good PG's coming in the next two years with Jordan Nixon (2018) and Anaya Peoples (2019). Will any/all be open to playing off-ball/sharing the rock if Ms. Clark was also interested? Peoples is on-record as saying "yes" about shifting off-the-ball...anything to help the team.

Still a bit too early in the winnowing process, but glad she came to the Bend in October. Hope she visits again.
Have you completely forgotten about Katlyn Gilbert also in 2018?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Have you completely forgotten about Katlyn Gilbert also in 2018?

Have not forgotten Katlyn at all...I was writing primarily in terms of Caitlin Clark's position -- PG -- and the two firmly defined-as PG's that have either signed up (Nixon) or committed (Peoples). Despite Hoopgurlz's consistent attempts to call her a point guard, Katlyn Gilbert is very much projected as a shooting guard for the Irish.

Still, by the time any guard from the Class of 2020 comes aboard, we will "only" have these guards: Gilbert, Nixon and Abby Prohaska (as juniors) and Peoples (and whomever else comes aboard) as sophomores.

Having written this, I'm pretty pleased with the names in the last paragraph. Pretty sure MM and Niele are going hard after some taller off-guards/wings in 2019 to join Peoples (Beal, Jones, Taylor, maybe Diamond Miller?) so it will be interesting to see how that plays out in relation to the Class of 2020.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom