2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
12951817.jpeg

Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi has taken more then one unofficial visit together, hopefully they are thinking about playing college ball at Uconn together. I like that PB always has her headband on, she seems to really love basketball.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It appears Michigan is doing well with recruiting these days.....I wonder if she is interested in the "fancier" Michigan school.......

From what I've seen of Jackson, she strikes me as a wing (small forward) and Coach Merchant did a good job with another of those, Aeriel Powers, who is now with the Dallas Wings. But your point is well taken....Michigan, with that recent NIT win, is on a hot streak these days.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Did UCONN get a commit this weekend from a visitor?? Heard a rumor!!!

;):cool:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Laeticia Amihere:

Through all of her earlier work, Amihere had quietly maintained a goal that could now be a little tougher to achieve: to jump from No. 2 in the ESPN rankings for the recruiting class of 2019 to No. 1, rarefied air for a Canadian prospect.

"I've been working. A couple of months ago I was actually ranked No. 3. Moving up to No. 2 was a good jump, but definitely getting to that No. 1 spot is my goal and what I strive for every day," she said.

Wherever she lands in the recruiting rankings, a college basketball program somewhere is going to be elated to welcome her. In September, she narrowed her list of potential schools down to 14, a wide net to be sure, with plenty of time to work through the choices before committing. She plans to take sports management courses wherever she lands, a goal which helped her narrow the options initially. On that list are some of college basketball's powerhouses. If they want to land Amihere, they'll have to offer more than just a winning pedigree.

"For me, what's really important is skill development. Being able to develop your players," she said. "Obviously, a lot of the top programs will do that. And obviously, the relationship I have with the coaches, that really sparked a lot. I know a lot of players that are NCAA, so asking around to my friends and my peers that are in the NCAA, I got a lot of insight. They really helped me through the process, telling me pros and cons and really what to watch out for."

Laeticia Amihere Is the Future of Women's Basketball

Reaction Score
Laeticia Amihere:

Through all of her earlier work, Amihere had quietly maintained a goal that could now be a little tougher to achieve: to jump from No. 2 in the ESPN rankings for the recruiting class of 2019 to No. 1, rarefied air for a Canadian prospect.

"I've been working. A couple of months ago I was actually ranked No. 3. Moving up to No. 2 was a good jump, but definitely getting to that No. 1 spot is my goal and what I strive for every day," she said.

Wherever she lands in the recruiting rankings, a college basketball program somewhere is going to be elated to welcome her. In September, she narrowed her list of potential schools down to 14, a wide net to be sure, with plenty of time to work through the choices before committing. She plans to take sports management courses wherever she lands, a goal which helped her narrow the options initially. On that list are some of college basketball's powerhouses. If they want to land Amihere, they'll have to offer more than just a winning pedigree.

"For me, what's really important is skill development. Being able to develop your players," she said. "Obviously, a lot of the top programs will do that. And obviously, the relationship I have with the coaches, that really sparked a lot. I know a lot of players that are NCAA, so asking around to my friends and my peers that are in the NCAA, I got a lot of insight. They really helped me through the process, telling me pros and cons and really what to watch out for."

After reading about what she's looking for in a college, I like UConn's chances more than ever.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Laeticia Amihere:

She needs to come visit Kia Nurse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom