2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 43 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That is beyond questionable.
What? Do you agree that Clark is a better outside shooter than PB?
I think PB is better at everything else and is the superior passer and defender.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What? Do you agree that Clark is a better outside shooter than PB?
I think PB is better at everything else and is the superior passer and defender.

I was saying it's questionable that Clark is a better outside shooter than Bueckers, the latter of whom shot 54% from three as a freshman.

Reaction Score

I'm only holding ND to standards that are imposed on UConn fans. With 2 daughters attending ND Dickie certainly is as much off a booster as say, Lobo. And wasn't there a big broohaha when Lobo talked to a recruit one year at first night? And weren't UConn fans instructed to not approach any recruits as they too were considered boosters?

Of course if Dickie was available for every ND fan for pictures then maybe it's OK but if he was only having pictures taken with prospective recruits then wouldn't that be considered a benefit since only recruits were allowed it?
Personally I could care less. And as much as I used to find Dickie's ACC worship ( OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! Coack KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to be total partisanship, I would love to have my picture taken with him wearing a UConn hat.

I am stretching a point only because of the history of attacks and BS accusations made against UConn which the NCAA found the need to investigate. If high profile media personalities are allowed to interact with recruits and their families maybe next first night UConn can get Jay Z or whomever is the current star to be available for photo op's next first night.

Reaction Score
I was saying it's questionable that Clark is a better outside shooter than Bueckers, the latter of whom shot 54% from three as a freshman.

I based that thought on what I observed during recent International play and a few games I caught on video last season...........Bueckers had one memorable game where she was shooting 100% for most of the game but most of the shoots were layups or her wonderful floater in the lane............Clark had several games where she hit numerous three pointers from NBA territory in addition to some aggressive drives to the basket............note I'm not basing it on overall shooting percentage, just long range shooting...........their write ups are very similar

ESPN on CC:
USA Trials-May 2017: Skilled back court performer, fundamental floor-leader with offensive fire power; manufactures, delivers in mid-range game; drives, draws contact and delivers; executes in half-court game; an elite guard in the class of 2020. (Olson)

Boo Williams Invitational-April 2017: Fundamental game manager with a scoring punch in the back court; smooth delivery on jumper with range at the arc; executes in half-court sets, penetrates under control and distributes; next level performer. (Olson)

ESPN on PB

USA Trials-May 2017: Confident combo-guard with a dose of swagger; manufactures, delivers consistently off the dribble; quick off the bounce, breaks down defenders; keeps the defense honest to the arc. (Olson)

Boo Williams Invitational-April 2017: Quick combo-guard with a scorer's mentality; brings flair to the back court, handles and attacks in transition; mid-range game threat to the arc. (Olson)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I based that thought on what I observed during recent International play and a few games I caught on video last season......Bueckers had one memorable game where she was shooting 100% for most of the game but most of the shoots were layups or her wonderful floater in the lane..Clark had several games where she hit numerous three pointers from NBA territory in addition to some aggressive drives to the basket..note I'm not basing it on overall shooting percentage, just long range shooting......their write ups are very similar

Fair enough, but I wouldn't draw too big a picture from her shooting at the U16's. Very small sample size. Check out her high school games on YouTube from this past season and 8th grade if you haven't.

Reaction Score
DNLVs54XkAIZKK4.jpg

Dick VitaleVerified account @DickieV
This young lady is a HS superstar who has narrowed choice to 11 schools / including @ndwbb @babybruney33
0 replies4 retweets90 likes

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There's kind of a off-court placid effervescence to her that is quite appealing. Of course, her turn-on-the-jets, go-go court demeanor is pretty cool, too. :D.

I also admire Clark's court command and confidence at such an early age and I will very much be paying attention to Miss Fudd at St. John's. So much talent at such early ages.
We’ll offer free reports on Azzi, just because you’re a good guy. :D

Reaction Score

This picture makes me sick. Muffet with that big dumb smile too!!! Watson and Bruney look much better in white and blue. Taking the kids to a major college football game? Come on overrated! We have Teds right!!!

Reaction Score
I'm sure these recruiting visits to the big football schools can be great fun but a couple of months from now in the middle of the basketball season, the teams playing great basketball will be far more attractive to the recruits.................out of necessity, UConn wins recruiting wars on the court not on the football field

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
We’ll offer free reports on Azzi, just because you’re a good guy. :D

And I'm sure she'll be smiling in the middle of the "huddle" pictures at UConn, as well. She seems to gravitate to the middle of the action! Look forward to the reports, of course! ;):)

Reaction Score
I refuse to get sucked into this frenzy about kids going on visits to schools. They are at an age where they don't know what they're doing tomorrow let alone what they are going to be doing for the rest of high school and college.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Why is he there wearing an ND jacket?

If you backtrack to "sheet 42," there are a couple of posts and links that go into detail that two of his daughters attended Notre Dame...the first in the 90s. Both played tennis for the Irish.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Dillon watch this Caitlin Clark highlight video...am I imagining things or is she a four inch taller version of Michelle Sidor? I see a lot of similarities with Bueckers too

Class of 2020 PG Caitlin Clark Mixtape @ EYBL Indy With All-Iowa Attack!

They both have great handles, which they can pull off at varying speeds, but the greatest similarity I see to Sidor is the pull-up jumper off the dribble. They both have it down..whether it's the traditional mid-range pull-up "J" or the floater off the dribble. The tape features a lot of the kind of passing that reminds me of Bueckers. Like you said, Clark and Bueckers are taller. Sidor has the kind of stamina that wears people down -- while she may not have blazing speed, she just keeps coming at you.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm sure these recruiting visits to the big football schools can be great fun but a couple of months from now in the middle of the basketball season, the teams playing great basketball will be far more attractive to the recruits.......out of necessity, UConn wins recruiting wars on the court not on the football field
I think you are taking things out of context a bit. It's not like elite basketball prospects are taking unofficial visits to Alabama because they want to watch the #1 football program in the country.

These visits to Notre Dame just happen to coincide with a good home football game. When/if these prospects return to watch Notre Dame for a women's hoops game, that's when things get serious. But, in both cases, families are paying their own way so their daughter can spend time on campus and visit with players, coaches, etc.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Basically USA BB U-17's reunion tour stopped at South Bend for the weekend. Interesting approach by Muffet and Niele. Let's bring them all in together, we won't be able to spend quality time with any one of them but we'll show them a ND football weekend and wbb practices and hope it leads to something in a couple of years. I'm sure they all had fun together.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Charliebball and @Sluconn Husky need you help IDing the kids in the photo -I'm missing at least 3.
Azzi Fudd
Kylee Watson
Paige Bueckers
Anaya Peoples
Samantha Brunelle
Caitlin Clark
Sydney Parrish
Maddie Burke

Wait. So in addition to those listed you're saying there were potentially 3 other recruits present? Hmm. Like I said, interesting and different approach by Muffet. This is something Niele would do, though.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wait. So in addition to those listed you're saying there were potentially 3 other recruits present? Hmm. Like I said, interesting and different approach by Muffet. This is something Niele would do, though.
Not sure I would've even noticed Burke and Parrish if you hadn't mentioned them. Nearly everyone else looks like a ND player.
upload_2017-10-30_12-13-46.png

Yea I'm not sure who is to Muffet's right, Paiges' right and the tall girl in the back behind Maddie burke. Also not picture here but in a different picture was either Marshall or Deberry . Yea this was quite a haul by ND.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
View attachment 25767
Yea I'm not sure who is to Muffet's right, Paiges' right and the tall girl in the back behind Maddie burke. Also not picture here but in a different picture was either Marshall or Deberry . Yea this was quite a haul by ND.

The one behind Burke with the headband is Parrish. The one next to McGraw looks like Allison Campbell (2020).

And I do believe that might be Marshall in the court photo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom