Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A jacket and sweatpants work just fine.

Cu6F1u5W8AAjo4e.jpg

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
2020 Marshall looks like an elite player, I think she has been on a visit to Texas, looks like Aston is recruiting New York players now, with 2019 New York guard Taylor visiting Texas recently.
Do you recall any of the specifics about Natalija Marshall visiting Texas? I hadn't seen anything about it, but would love for it to be true.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Is Beal more of a power forward or small forward?

Small forward/wing. She's another that would blend marvelously with the coaching skills, offensive philosophies and other talent at ND and, in my opinion, UConn. As would Jones, just seen more tape of Beal and read more about her, since she's in the adjacent state to ND.

Reaction Score
Small forward/wing. She's another that would blend marvelously with the coaching skills, offensive philosophies and other talent at ND and, in my opinion, UConn. As would Jones, just seen more tape of Beal and read more about her, since she's in the adjacent state to ND.

There’s seems to be a lot of 2/3 type players in the 2019 class, Bell has looked the best to me, followed by Horston.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A jacket and sweatpants work just fine.

Cu6F1u5W8AAjo4e.jpg
I would think (and this is just me, don't know it to be true) that the UCONN uniform has to be earned (before it can be worn). Just visiting is not considered earning it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
There’s seems to be a lot of 2/3 type players in the 2019 class, Bell has looked the best to me, followed by Horston.

There do seem to be bunch of them that can fill that big(ger) guard/wing/small forward role (depending on the offense and/or terminology), including Bell, Horston, Beal and Jones. Others -- some of whom have been mentioned in this thread, others elsewhere -- include:
- Rickea Jackson
- Sammie Puisis (already committed to FSU)
- Diamond Miller

These adept players can give lots of options for spread offenses and creative coaches.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Indeed.! Jones gets the nod for me because she been well coached at Mitty by former HC of USA basketball U16 team featuring KLS. Jackson gets included because every time I look up she added something to her game. This summer is was very smooth looking 3 ball. Before this summer I was thinking of her more of a 3/4 type but adding that 3 ball was a game changer. Miller, Jackson & Jones can and will d up any player even as they are coming off the bus and each has a Kia Nurse like nasty disposition while doing it. I'm probably not being fair to Bell, Green & Beal because I'm waiting to see each in a game setting where they are not so much head and shoulder above the other players on the floor. Bell seems to be gifted offensively but I think she going to struggle as a perimeter defender.
I have them ranked this way:
Haley Jones
Rickea Jackson
Breanna Beal
Diamond Miller
Jordan Horston
Sammie Puisis (FSU)
Kierstan Bell
Nayah Green (Louisville)

Reaction Score
Do you recall any of the specifics about Natalija Marshall visiting Texas? I hadn't seen anything about it, but would love for it to be true.

Maybe it wasn’t a visit.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Maybe it wasn’t a visit.

Yeah, during 2016 Labor Day weekend, several clubs were attending a tourney in Houston. Someone drove several of the players, including Brunelle and Marshall, to Austin on Sunday for the football game against Notre Dame.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yeah, during 2016 Labor Day weekend, several clubs were attending a tourney in Houston. Someone drove several of the players, including Brunelle and Marshall, to Austin on Sunday for the football game against Notre Dame.
This picture also looks like backs of Baby Brun and Marshall with the pink head band. Prentice is also to the left in the picture same cap, gold chain and blue shirt.
upload_2017-10-23_12-50-14.png

Reaction Score
ok has anyone seen 2020 Angel Reese from the MD area? I'm always intrigued by tall players listed as wings.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sam Brunelle, class of 2019, and Charli Collier, class of 2018. Charli committed and recently switched to Texas.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers a standout at recent Check Me Out Minnesota:

Bueckers is developing into a dynamic, playmaking guard who can be a threat as a passer and as a perimeter scorer. The 5-foot-10 guard plays at her own pace and doesn't allow defenders to speed her up or affect her ability to dictate the game. Bueckers has a midrange game that allows her to keep defenders off balance and her ability to pass the ball with either hand is impressive for a player her age.

Minnesota Hosts Midwest's Best | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score
Here's a couple of clips from Geno that many of us have already seen but I thought it would be worth repeating when we get concerned about recruiting or lack there of......it takes a special player to even get recruited by UConn and there aren't many of them

\

Reaction Score
A mention of Myra Gordon in Ademac's article on Lexi

Though she was only in the American Airlines Center stands that night, the loss hit a little bit close to home for Lexi Gordon two weeks ago when her younger sister, Myra, took an unofficial recruiting visit to Mississippi State.

"She had a good time, she enjoyed herself," Lexi Gordon said. "The coaches were nice and the players were welcoming."

Myra Gordon, a 5-foot-11 sophomore guard, is rated among the top 25 players in the Class of 2020 by Prospects Nation and was invited by USA Basketball to last May's U-16 national team trials. She left Starkville with a scholarship offer from Bulldogs' coach Vic Schaefer.

As far as Mississippi State's historic upset, what's said in Starkville stayed in Starkville between the sisters.

"I didn't ask anything about that," Lexi Gordon said with a laugh. "Yeah, that wasn't brought up in any conversation."

Reaction Score
DNLVs54XkAIZKK4.jpg

Dick VitaleVerified account @DickieV
This young lady is a HS superstar who has narrowed choice to 11 schools / including @ndwbb @babybruney33
0 replies4 retweets90 likes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom