2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 44 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
View attachment 25767
Yea I'm not sure who is to Muffet's right, Paiges' right and the tall girl in the back behind Maddie burke. Also not picture here but in a different picture was either Marshall or Deberry . Yea this was quite a haul by ND.

Looks like Marshall in the photo, too!!

This is shake-your-head funny in a way. Talk about a recruiting spectacle. Some might call this binge recruiting. This has Niele's fingerprints all over it.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
View attachment 25767
Yea I'm not sure who is to Muffet's right, Paiges' right and the tall girl in the back behind Maddie burke. Also not picture here but in a different picture was either Marshall or Deberry . Yea this was quite a haul by ND.
Hmmmm, seems awfully cold there. Hope the recruits remember come signing time, how very cold it gets there in South Bend. :cool:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
View attachment 25767

Coco: The young woman in the white jacket and blue hoodie is probably Matyson Wilke, a 2021 guard from Beaver Dam, Wisc. (Kudos to MPG at McGraw's Bench for that identification.) Link to her on hoopgulrz below.

matyson-wilke

Last edited:
Reaction Score
perhaps UConn is starting to become a bit more aggressive on the marketing/recruiting front.............notice that Geno is now actively using his Twitter account............maybe they should consider hiring an additional high profile (former player) recruiting coordinator with the UConn mindset to cover more high level recruits on the road, especially in the Southeast and Texas........why not a former player from that area of the country who has long standing connections with AAU and high school coaches?.........I like the idea of aggressively recruiting right in the heart of enemy basketball country

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
perhaps UConn is starting to become a bit more aggressive on the marketing/recruiting front...notice that Geno is now actively using his Twitter accoun

Geno previously had a twitter account and deleted it after it was hacked. Whatever his reason for getting back on twitter (his new podcast?) I doubt it has anything to do with UConn marketing/recruiting. I don't think Geno needs twitter to market his program. His results sort of speak for themselves.

Geno's 3 assistant coaches have twitter accounts and have never used it for marketing/recruiting purposes (beyond checking on recruits). Chris Dailey has a twitter account and has tweeted 3 times and 2 of those seem to be not of her doing.

Reaction Score
Geno previously had a twitter account and deleted it after it was hacked. Whatever his reason for getting back on twitter (his new podcast?) I doubt it has anything to do with UConn marketing/recruiting. I don't think Geno needs twitter to market his program. His results sort of speak for themselves.

Geno's 3 assistant coaches have twitter accounts and have never used it for marketing/recruiting purposes (beyond checking on recruits). Chris Dailey has a twitter account and has tweeted 3 times and 2 of those seem to be not of her doing.

you're probably right but even Geno admits it's getting more difficult every year to find the kind of players he wants...........I sure hope that this recent recruiting debacle is a one time phenomenon............we'll know more in the next few weeks and more importantly with the 2019/20 recruiting classes............

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
even Geno admits it's getting more difficult every year to find the kind of players he wants......I sure hope that this recent recruiting debacle is a one time phenomenon..we'll know more in the next few weeks and more importantly with the 2019/20 recruiting classes..

And you think twitter will help in that regard? What?

What recruiting debacle?

Reaction Score
And you think twitter will help in that regard? What?

What recruiting debacle?

More aggressive use of twitter in recruiting won't do much on it's own, being more aggressive in recruiting especially in the Southeast and Southwest and even possibly adding another recruiter would certainly be a positive......,..losing the top ranked post player in the class to a rival team and possibly striking out on all recruiting options in the very talented 2018 class is really not a good thing

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm only holding ND to standards that are imposed on UConn fans. With 2 daughters attending ND Dickie certainly is as much off a booster as say, Lobo. And wasn't there a big broohaha when Lobo talked to a recruit one year at first night? And weren't UConn fans instructed to not approach any recruits as they too were considered boosters?
I don't recall the Lobo incident and Dickie V would certainly qualify as a booster. But ND is not doing anything wrong or improper here. Dicky V attended a football game at ND and as he usually does he happens to stop by the Women's basketball offices while ND was hosting some recruits. Dickie V is also a celebrity so if the recruits want to take a picture with him it is all good in the eyes of the NCAA. Just like when a former UCONN superstar returned to her high school which happened to be the HS of a future UCONN AA prospect.

Maya.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
  1. Azzi Fudd
  2. Kylee Watson
  3. Paige Bueckers
  4. Anaya Peoples
  5. Samantha Brunelle
  6. Caitlin Clark
  7. Sydney Parrish
  8. Maddie Burke
  9. Natalija Marshall
  10. Allison Campbell
  11. Matyson Wilke
  12. Still unidentified recruit
Although I don’t necessarily wish them any luck I actually applaud what ND is doing here with this mass recruiting strategy. I am especially nervous about Fudd because this is her second document sighting in South Bend. The first time she was there she “happen” to run into Skylar in the hallway-and if you believe that was a coincidence you really really need help.
ND is not going to sign all these players, there is simply too much overlap by position, class and already committed players. However, signing even a few (1 or 2 per class) of these players could keep or propel ND into National Championship contention. The good news is that it’s still early and there are still plenty of great players available outside of this list that could do the same for UCONN.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
  1. Azzi Fudd
  2. Kylee Watson
  3. Paige Bueckers
  4. Anaya Peoples
  5. Samantha Brunelle
  6. Caitlin Clark
  7. Sydney Parrish
  8. Maddie Burke
  9. Natalija Marshall
  10. Allison Campbell
  11. Matyson Wilke
  12. Still unidentified recruit
Although I don’t necessarily wish them any luck I actually applaud what ND is doing here with this mass recruiting strategy. I am especially nervous about Fudd because this is her second document sighting in South Bend. The first time she was there she “happen” to run into Skylar in the hallway-and if you believe that was a coincidence you really really need help.
ND is not going to sign all these players, there is simply too much overlap by position, class and already committed players. However, signing even a few (1 or 2 per class) of these players could keep or propel ND into National Championship contention. The good news is that it’s still early and there are still plenty of great players available outside of this list that could do the same for UCONN.

Hey Coco: I've gone back and forth between BY and McGraw's Bench (MB) and both boards come up with 11 players. If we look at the group picture taken in the football stadium, is one of those folks the "still unidentified recruit?" Just trying to help finish this particular puzzle.

Reaction Score
The unidentified recruit is Skylar with facial reconstruction trying to get another four years.Man oh manachevitz what lengths those shamrocks will go to to get back on top.Her new name:Sky Queen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't recall the Lobo incident and Dickie V would certainly qualify as a booster. But ND is not doing anything wrong or improper here. Dicky V attended a football game at ND and as he usually does he happens to stop by the Women's basketball offices while ND was hosting some recruits. Dickie V is also a celebrity so if the recruits want to take a picture with him it is all good in the eyes of the NCAA. Just like when a former UCONN superstar returned to her high school which happened to be the HS of a future UCONN AA prospect.

View attachment 25793

Naphessa's has really broadened out. :D

Reaction Score

View attachment 25793

I'm just playing the devil's advocate. I don't see anything wrong either. But the difference between Maya and Dickie is that his contact with the recruit came during a campus visit, not at the recruit's HS. And that picture didn't happen in any office, it happened prior to the football game, on the field, where I doubt ordinary ticket holders have access. Good thing her didn't offer a kernal or two of popcorn

And though my memory is far from eidetic i I am pretty sure that in the last few years the mods here, after consulting with UConn's compliance office, advised posters here that they were considered boosters and that contact with any recruit during first night was a recruiting violation. IOW, stay away from the recruits.

My complaint is with the NCAA, not Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I'm just playing the devil's advocate. I don't see anything wrong either. But the difference between Maya and Dickie is that his contact with the recruit came during a campus visit, not at the recruit's HS. And that picture didn't happen in any office, it happened prior to the football game, on the field, where I doubt ordinary ticket holders have access. Good thing her didn't offer a kernal or two of popcorn

And though my memory is far from eidetic i I am pretty sure that in the last few years the mods here, after consulting with UConn's compliance office, advised posters here that they were considered boosters and that contact with any recruit during first night was a recruiting violation. IOW, stay away from the recruits.

Right you are.........I could have sworn that recently someone posted rules regarding recruit and photo ops and they are a no no.........I understand that some photos are taken by family and friends but the ones with the uniforms on in the makeshift photography studio?

Dillon77

Reaction Score

View attachment 25793

Right you are....I could have sworn that recently someone posted rules regarding recruit and photo ops and they are a no no....I understand that some photos are taken by family and friends but the ones with the uniforms on in the makeshift photography studio?

I'm taking the ND, the UConn and any name off a jersey in regards to this post. All of you got my interest piqued on this so I went to the NCAA site to get some input.
- First, I examined the NCAA Booster Rules, which I've linked to. Apparently, "Boosters, (are) referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests” and once they are identified by an institution as such, they retain "that identity forever."
Role of Boosters

- Now what can they do with that "identity" once they have it in regards to recruiting. According to "Do's and Don'ts Regarding Recruitment and Prospective Student-Athletes," they can do a bit more than I thought outside of campus and can meet with people at events on-campus, if they're open "to all prospective students." Seems a rather large area of gray between the 40 and 60% marks on that one, no? Now, who knows where Dickie V. ran into these folks on their "unofficial" visit?
https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Booster Guidelines with definitions.pdf

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm taking the ND, the UConn and any name off a jersey in regards to this post. All of you got my interest piqued on this so I went to the NCAA site to get some input.
- First, I examined the NCAA Booster Rules, which I've linked to. Apparently, "Boosters, (are) referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests” and once they are identified by an institution as such, they retain "that identity forever."
Role of Boosters

- Now what can they do with that "identity" once they have it in regards to recruiting. According to "Do's and Don'ts Regarding Recruitment and Prospective Student-Athletes," they can do a bit more than I thought outside of campus and can meet with people at events on-campus, if they're open "to all prospective students." Seems a rather large area of gray between the 40 and 60% marks on that one, no? Now, who knows where Dickie V. ran into these folks on their "unofficial" visit?
https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Booster Guidelines with definitions.pdf
My guess is Dickie V. ran into those recruits exactly where he was 'supposed to" run into those recruits. :D

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Rickea Jackson visited Michigan State Sunday:

This match -- Miss Jackson and Michigan State -- looks and feels right. The Men's side has always done well getting in-state folks and Ms. Jackson could do a solid job for Suzy Merchant.
Just a gut feeling.....:rolleyes:. Check back in a year or so! ;)

Reaction Score
This match -- Miss Jackson and Michigan State -- looks and feels right. The Men's side has always done well getting in-state folks and Ms. Jackson could do a solid job for Suzy Merchant.
Just a gut feeling.....:rolleyes:. Check back in a year or so! ;)

It appears Michigan is doing well with recruiting these days..........I wonder if she is interested in the "fancier" Michigan school.................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom