2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 48 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star revises its 2019 rankings.

After dropping Sam Brunelle to 5th they've placed her back at #1 again.

Aliyah Boston drops to #2.

Laeticia Amihere #3.

Celeste Taylor up to #4.

Haley Jones #11.

Rickea Jackson #12.

Reaction Score
Well, UConn fans can no longer mock Louisville or any other school for "robbing the cradle". UConn has reportedly offered scholarships to both sophomore Paige Bueckers and freshman Azzi Fudd.

USA U-16 stars Bueckers, Fudd get UConn offers

According to two sources, Auriemma has made scholarship offers to Class of 2020 guard Paige Bueckers (5-foot-11, Eden Prairie, Minnesota) and Class of 2021 guard Azzi Fudd (5-foot-11, Falls Church, Virginia).

This confirms my uneducated opinion that these two are exceptional players. I hope they both verbal soon.

Reaction Score
Well, UConn fans can no longer mock Louisville or any other school for "robbing the cradle". UConn has reportedly offered scholarships to both sophomore Paige Bueckers and freshman Azzi Fudd.

This confirms my uneducated opinion that these two are exceptional players. I hope they both verbal soon.

Waltz often picks recruits well before they have an actual basketball identity.............you don't need any education at all to see that those two are not only highly skilled players, they are ideally suited to UConn's style of play.............it was simply a matter of time before those offers were made...........as a huge believer in Buecker's abilities, I will be really ticked off if she ends up anywhere other then Storrs..............

Reaction Score
Waltz often picks recruits well before they have an actual basketball identity...you don't need any education at all to see that those two are not only highly skilled players, they are ideally suited to UConn's style of play...it was simply a matter of time before those offers were made......as a huge believer in Buecker's abilities, I will be really ticked off if she ends up anywhere other then Storrs....

I don't follow recruits, getting my information from reports I read here, but I have seen magic in the game of the girl from Minnesota that I haven't experienced since 2004. Bueckers not only is skilled, but seems to have a flair to her game, an on-court attitude of invincibility and an entertainment value that last appeared in Storrs in 2001.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't follow recruits, getting my information from reports I read here, but I have seen magic in the game of the girl from Minnesota that I haven't experienced since 2004. Bueckers not only is skilled, but seems to have a flair to her game, an on-court attitude of invincibility and an entertainment value that last appeared in Storrs in 2001.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. ;)
No man. Paige is the truth. Size, agility, strength, long arms, nice shot, and a team attitude. Made for UConn.

Reaction Score
No man. Paige is the truth. Size, agility, strength, long arms, nice shot, and a team attitude. Made for UConn.

as I've said since I first saw her in action.............she's good enough to play major college ball right now..........I can't even imagine how good she's going to be in 3-4 years................

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
as I've said since I first saw her in action...she's good enough to play major college ball right now.....I can't even imagine how good she's going to be in 3-4 years......
I'm gonna try anyway. Keep us posted C-ball.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Another intriguing note in that article:

Cameron Brink, a 6-foot-4 sophomore forward from Beaverton, Oregon, attended the Huskies' win over California-Berkeley last Friday at Gampel Pavilion. Rated the No. 4 recruit in the Class of 2020 by ESPNHoopgurlz, she was a U-16 invitee and finalist last May. A recruiting source was unsure whether Brink, who averaged 12.5 points and 8.5 rebounds as a freshman in helping Southridge High to the Class 6A state title, had been offered a scholarship during her visit. She also took a trip to South Carolina.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
as I've said since I first saw her in action...she's good enough to play major college ball right now.....I can't even imagine how good she's going to be in 3-4 years......
Major college basketball maybe but, Uconn major college basketball? Right now? If she is she is really super. Basde on reports I read on here, she IS a must get for Uconn. However, if Uconn gets a commitment from the player who is rated ahead of her ( I cannot think of her name) and not her, would that disappoint you?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Can anyone recall a player as young as Fudd ( just starting high school) receiving an offer from UConn?

I know Espinoza-Hunter got one early since she committed halfway through her sophomore year.

Reaction Score
Major college basketball maybe but, Uconn major college basketball? Right now? If she is she is really super. Basde on reports I read on here, she IS a must get for Uconn. However, if Uconn gets a commitment from the player who is rated ahead of her ( I cannot think of her name) and not her, would that disappoint you?

let's put it this way, I think she'd be a starter for many of the bigger DI teams right now but wouldn't be taking Crystal's job..............the '20 ESPN #1 (Clark) and #5 (Van Lith) rated recruits (at the moment) are both point guards and excellent players in their own right but I'll take PB over either of them................

Reaction Score
I didn't see Clark and Van Lith play but if they are better than PB they must be very special! This kid (PB) got UConn written all over her in the way she plays and carries herself. She's got magic in her game and reminds me of my favorite player (DT) with her court vision

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I like Clark quite a bit from what I saw but it's no contest between her and Bueckers. Haven't seen Van Lith play but she's #1 at PN and people rave about her.

Reaction Score
Another intriguing note in that article:

Cameron Brink, a 6-foot-4 sophomore forward from Beaverton, Oregon, attended the Huskies' win over California-Berkeley last Friday at Gampel Pavilion. Rated the No. 4 recruit in the Class of 2020 by ESPNHoopgurlz, she was a U-16 invitee and finalist last May. A recruiting source was unsure whether Brink, who averaged 12.5 points and 8.5 rebounds as a freshman in helping Southridge High to the Class 6A state title, had been offered a scholarship during her visit. She also took a trip to South Carolina.

Brink is super thin, but can really get up and down the court, I think she'll end up number 1 2020, I don't think she is as versatile Stewie is when it comes to scoring the ball, but she could have a Stewie like impact defensively.

Reaction Score
Can anyone recall a player as young as Fudd ( just starting high school) receiving an offer from UConn?

I know Espinoza-Hunter got one early since she committed halfway through her sophomore year.

Has to Espinoza-Hunter or Jackie Gemelos.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
One of the side benefits to having ONO and Christyn W. commit is that many potential recruits will want the opportunity to play alongside them (not to mention Megatron).

Reaction Score

Jackie Gemelos verbaled at age 15. Not sure how old she was when offered.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
23622125_1376258599149957_8033467263628569546_n.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member