2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 79 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I wouldn't go by what we saw at U16 from any of the players. Always though UCONN would look to bring in a PG in 2019 class to overlap Dangerfield.

I just don't see the point if you intend on getting Bueckers and/or Van Lith.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/31
Per Steve Blacklege @blackiepreps tweet Uconn assistant coach scouting Jordan Horston

Incidentally, Horston sat most of the first half with foul trouble. She scored all of her 18 points after halftime.

Reaction Score
Need a big girl ... Don't understand the difficulty recruiting a 6 6 post...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just don't see the point if you intend on getting Bueckers and/or Van Lith.
I like the idea of overlap and getting someone earlier, generally speaking, but if Geno and CD strongly prefer the 2020 kids and think they can get them, I’m ok with that.

Bueckers and Van Lith could be more college-ready than most, plus CWill can play some PG. I expect that Coombs will be a good PG in time. I don’t know what Geno thinks about that.

Reaction Score
Bueckers could be used at the shooting guard spot at Uconn, Van Lith have expressed Interest in the Huskies, but hasn't made it to campus yet that I know of, so bringing in Horston who is a big play making guard would be a good idea. I think she could be close to Jackie Gemelos(USC) or Gabby Green(CAL/LMU.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
6'6" post? Yea, they are all over the place, can't understand why UCONN hasn't snagged one or two of them yet.

Reaction Score
6'6" post? Yea, they are all over the place, can't understand why UCONN hasn't snagged one or two of them yet.

If you're willing to accept 6'4", you do know that UConn is bringing in the most mobile post in the 2018 class right? I believe they are a strong contender for Aliya Boston in the 2019 class and I think UConn is looking at both Cardosa and Marshall in the '20 class...............am I missing anybody else?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you're willing to accept 6'4", you do know that UConn is bringing in the most mobile post in the 2018 class right? I believe they are a strong contender for Aliya Boston in the 2019 class and I think UConn is looking at both Cardosa and Marshall in the '20 class.....am I missing anybody else?
Yes you are:
Ezi Magbegor
Cameron Brink
Amari DeBerry

Reaction Score
Yes you are:
Ezi Magbegor
Cameron Brink
Amari DeBerry

Forgot about Ezi (probably because I have doubts she's USA bound) but I didn't forget about the the other two............... it's just that I'm a bit on the fence on DeBerry and Brink as many view them as forwards not post players...........Hoopgurlz has them listed both as fours for what ever that's worth.........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Forgot about Ezi (probably because I have doubts she's USA bound) but I didn't forget about the the other two..... it's just that I'm a bit on the fence on DeBerry and Brink as many view them as forwards not post players......Hoopgurlz has them listed both as fours for what ever that's worth....
You need to get off that fence,:eek: DeBerry and Brink are HS Freshmen and Sophomore respectively, by the time they get to UCONN guarantee they'll be spending at least some time in the post. What player over 6'2" has not spent at least some time in the post in UCONN's history under Geno.

Reaction Score
Where have we heard that UConn is recruiting Cardosa? I have yet to see anything on that.

I'm pretty sure that I've read it at some point but not necessarily here............will have to research it...........she's a true 6'6" and is very athletic......players like that don't come around that often............

Reaction Score
You need to get off that fence,:eek: DeBerry and Brink are HS Freshmen and Sophomore respectively, by the time they get to UCONN guarantee they'll be spending at least some time in the post. What player over 6'2" has not spent at least some time in the post in UCONN's history under Geno.

true but it's been a little while since UConn has had a more traditional low post presence................if they don't get Boston or one of the more traditional low post centers I assume that will continue to be the case

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
true but it's been a little while since UConn has had a more traditional low post presence......if they don't get Boston or one of the more traditional low post centers I assume that will continue to be the case
We got to be careful not to trick ourselves into believing we know what UCONN is looking for. River Balvin, Olivia Owens, and Shakira Austin might have been considered "traditional" low post presence but UCONN evaluated each and decided to pass.

Reaction Score
We got to be careful not to trick ourselves into believing we know what UCONN is looking for. River Balvin, Olivia Owens, and Shakira Austin might have been considered "traditional" low post presence but UCONN evaluated each and decided to pass.

Agreed............I actually prefer the Stevens/ONO style of 4/5 but you can sometimes pay the price against the aircraft carriers like Brown and McCowan

Reaction Score
I would be stunned if UConn doesn’t get Boston. She’s just up the road, is putting up monster numbers and appears to be friendly with Sam Brunelle.

See now your talking.
This is exactly what we need. It's going to be Baby Bruney time soon.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What player over 6'2" has not spent at least some time in the post in UCONN's history under Geno.

Katie Lou? I mean she uses her height advantage in some matchups to score in the paint, but I wouldn't think to call her a post player.

Reaction Score
1/31

Saylor Poffenbarger continues to put up amazing numbers:

37 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 steals, 4 blocks

Highlights:

https://vg.hudl.com/p-highlights/Te...50cb2d0e9/940af6f4_720.mp4?v=871A3851CA69D508

Nothing personal against you Sluconn............you continue to provide a valuable service for all of us.............but yikes..........did you see that defense..............or that lack of defense? That's a perfect example of why these bloated stats can sometimes be misleading..............I watched a kid last Saturday at the Coaches Choice Classic who scored maybe 12 points against a demonic man to man who was in some ways just as impressive..............I was sitting next to the head of recruiting for a Top 10 school who shook his head and said discovering that one kid was worth the flight to NJ..............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Katie Lou? I mean she uses her height advantage in some matchups to score in the paint, but I wouldn't think to call her a post player.
Never said she was a post player, I said she spends at least some time in the post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom