2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 77 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
It seems like there are more potentially great college players (Brunelle, Boston, Jones, Brink, Bueckers, Van Lith, Fudd, Watson, et al) than ever at the high school level...or do folks say that every year, Sluconn?

I think part of it is the internet and the amount of coverage that kids as young as 8th grade get today.............I haven't been on this forum all that long so I can't speak to the past but I would assume that there is simply more news about more recruits then ever before..........how many BYers knew about Stewie or Maya when they were in eighth grade.........I would bet a few but not nearly as many that know of Azzi Fudd...........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi appears to surprise her coach often. He knew she was really good, but he didn't realize she is THAT good.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It seems like there are more potentially great college players (Brunelle, Boston, Jones, Brink, Bueckers, Van Lith, Fudd, Watson, et al) than ever at the high school level...or do folks say that every year, Sluconn?

Well, if the recruiting outlets are accurate the '18, '19, and '20 classes would appear to be extremely strong. So I guess the answer is possibly yes.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, if the recruiting outlets are accurate the '18, '19, and '20 classes would appear to be extremely strong. So I guess the answer is possibly yes.

And we (UConn Nation) are hoping that UConn gets its fair share. We don't want everybody, just the ones we want. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Brunelle Down to 9 teams for consideration.

In early January, Brunelle released this list of nine programs via her Twitter account. In alphabetical order, her list is as follows, Connecticut, Duke, Kentucky, Maryland, Notre Dame, North Carolina State, South Carolina, Wake Forest, and Virginia.

Story was updated this morning (Jan 30, 2018).

[LINK]

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brunelle Down to 9 teams for consideration.

In early January, Brunelle released this list of nine programs via her Twitter account. In alphabetical order, her list is as follows, Connecticut, Duke, Kentucky, Maryland, Notre Dame, North Carolina State, South Carolina, Wake Forest, and Virginia.

Story was updated this morning (Jan 30, 2018).

[LINK]
Interesting list. No Texas or Calif. schools. Wake, Kentucky, and NC State surprise me. The others don’t.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Would be a bit of an undertaking. Fly into SeaTac, then about a 2 1/2 hours drive to Cashmere. Even further for some of their road games. For kicks and giggles look up Omak and Okanogan. Those towns are seriously out there! I would be interested to watch her play, but they had no games over on this side of the mountains and I don't feel like making that drive in the middle of winter. 1A State Tournament is in Yakima, so that's not really any easier to get to for viewing either.

Thanks for that....and I really mean it. Love to hear about different locales, In our "drop in, fly out" world, it's good to have context.:)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting list. No Texas or Calif. schools. Wake, Kentucky, and NC State surprise me. The others don’t.

All this comes from the "Life of Baby Brun" as I know it, via innumerable posts, internet articles, etc.
- Wake Forest was the first school to be in touch with her and she's got a soft spot for them. Young coach working hard to get her alma mater on track, little by little, but once again...hmmm. Really good school though (son #2 is an alum).
- I believe a friend (beau?) went to North Carolina State and that have been the official draw. However, pretty darn good coach down there now but still does not seem right and tight, I agree.
- Kentucky? No idea.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
All this comes from the "Life of Baby Brun" as I know it, via innumerable posts, internet articles, etc.
- Wake Forest was the first school to be in touch with her and she's got a soft spot for them. Young coach working hard to get her alma mater on track, little by little, but once again...hmmm. Really good school though (son #2 is an alum).
- I believe a friend (beau?) went to North Carolina State and that have been the official draw. However, pretty darn good coach down there now but still does not seem right and tight, I agree.
- Kentucky? No idea.

I think there's more to it than simply being the first to be in touch with her. There are some Virginia connections. Gayle Coats Fulks was a former assistant coach at Wake who recruited Brunelle before becoming head coach at Davidson. Brunelle played AAU ball for a team coached by Fulks's father. There may be a couple of former AAU teammates currently at Wake. Wake's current head coach Jen Hoover is from Roanoke, VA and was a former assistant coach for Debbie Ryan at UVA.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
- Kentucky? No idea.
It was reported here that the beau is a baseball player at Clemson, which did not make her cut but is in the same state as a school on her list which shall remain nameless!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Back when Stewie was a struggling freshman she would go through 6AM shooting drills with CD and one of the goals was to make shots that didn't touch the rim. Azzi seems to have mastered that drill.
No doubt. For Azzi a slump might be if some of her shots start hitting the rim as they are going in.

Reaction Score
- Kentucky? No idea.

one possible correction..............if I'm not mistaken, SB's boyfriend (younger brother of NY Jets backup quarter back Christian Hackenberg) is going to play baseball for Clemson next year...............who knows, she might want to stay in the South to be close to family and friends but only time will tell.............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
one possible correction....if I'm not mistaken, SB's boyfriend (younger brother of NY Jets backup quarter back Christian Hackenberg) is going to play baseball for Clemson next year.....who knows, she might want to stay in the South to be close to family and friends but only time will tell...
Already corrected.

It was reported here that the beau is a baseball player at Clemson, which did not make her cut but is in the same state as a school on her list which shall remain nameless!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom