2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 76 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Gordon, a Hurst L.D. Bell sophomore guard, is the sister of five-star recruit Lexi Gordon, now a UConn freshman. Myra feels pressure following a sibling who was L.D. Bell's all-time leading scorer, but she credits her sister with helping her navigate the intricate recruiting process.

Myra, a three-star recruit whose parents played at TCU in the 1990s, averages 22 points. She has offers from Mississippi State -- which ended UConn's 111-game winning streak en route to a national runner-up finish last season -- as well as from nationally ranked Oklahoma State, TCU and Arizona State.

Myra enjoyed being teammates with her sister for a year at L.D. Bell, but isn't looking to reunite at UConn.

"Right now I think I want to make my own name," she said.

Out of the shadows: These legacy D-FW girls basketball players are looking to make their own mark

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1/28

The game Azzi Fudd missed Friday (1/26) was due to participating in a flag football national championship. Yes, she's great at that too.

She returned today, scored 36 points, hit 10 threes.

Wow. like field goals. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
More Aliyah Boston info on tweet by @insiderexposure and @tflats-24 about 3 hours ago. Down to 6 visited Ohio State and Maryland. Sorry I have no clue on to post link

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston has narrowed her school list down to six but she's not going to publicly state who they are until she's called the ones she's eliminated:

Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston has narrowed her school list down to six but she's not going to publicly state who they are until she's called the ones she's eliminated:

I'm not liking this until I know UConn is on her list........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Upon hearing star freshman Azzi Fudd’s latest stat line, St. John’s Coach Jonathan Scribner could only shake his head.

“She had 36?” Scribner inquired after Sunday’s 60-40 win over No. 10 Georgetown Visitation. “That’s crazy. She’s crazy.”

Scribner, along with the rest of those in attendance at Georgetown Prep, was treated to a 36-point performance by the 15-year-old, who knocked down 10 three-pointers.

It was Fudd’s third straight game with at least 36 points. Fudd didn’t play in the Cadets’ 61-29 win over Carroll on Friday, but she scored 41 points in each of the Cadets’ previous wins over Good Counsel and Elizabeth Seton.

No. 5 Georgetown Prep escapes with 59-58 win over No. 7 St. John’s

Reaction Score
Upon hearing star freshman Azzi Fudd’s latest stat line, St. John’s Coach Jonathan Scribner could only shake his head.

“She had 36?” Scribner inquired after Sunday’s 60-40 win over No. 10 Georgetown Visitation. “That’s crazy. She’s crazy.”

Scribner, along with the rest of those in attendance at Georgetown Prep, was treated to a 36-point performance by the 15-year-old, who knocked down 10 three-pointers.

It was Fudd’s third straight game with at least 36 points. Fudd didn’t play in the Cadets’ 61-29 win over Carroll on Friday, but she scored 41 points in each of the Cadets’ previous wins over Good Counsel and Elizabeth Seton.

I'm beginning to think the same thing about her as Paige B.............setting aside education and social life...........what exactly is the point of this kid playing three more years of high school basketball?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
13 steals

Sounds like a crime was committed. Can you imagine being one of her opponents, having to go up against that? It's hardly fair having a talent of her caliber playing at such a small school level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Azzi is worth the price of admission. Ok, it was only $5, but I’ll go back often. She’s a once-in-a-fill in the blank talent.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Azzi is worth the price of admission. Ok, it was only $5, but I’ll go back often. She’s a once-in-a-fill in the blank talent.

It's too bad Kallina deleted his twitter account. Was interested to see if he'd pick up the subject of Fudd again after naming her the third best guard in her class a few months ago.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think the same thing about her as Paige B...setting aside education and social life......what exactly is the point of this kid playing three more years of high school basketball?
I think a little more mental and social maturity outside of basketball will go a long way on a college campus, especially in learning how to handle adversity. I have no problem with any of them remaining in HS.

Reaction Score
I think a little more mental and social maturity outside of basketball will go a long way on a college campus, especially in learning how to handle adversity. I have no problem with any of them remaining in HS.

Of course I agree with you...........strictly from a basketball standpoint she is a prodigy

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We can go gaga over our favorite recruit's stats and why not. But come college it is a whole different ball game. 33.8, 33.3 and 34.4 ppg her soph through senior years. Who? Saniya Chong

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin scored 31 points on Saturday (1/27).
It seems like there are more potentially great college players (Brunelle, Boston, Jones, Brink, Bueckers, Van Lith, Fudd, Watson, et al) than ever at the high school level...or do folks say that every year, Sluconn?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom