2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Donalddoowop's tongue was pushed firmly through his cheek. It was a funny riff on the "Who is Myra?" question that popped up in the thread on the Gordons.
Thank you. I thought most posters would catch that I was kidding. I followed her throughout her entire Uconn career, although Shea Ralph was the one who caused me to become a Uconn fan. As connboy77 stated, "Hard to believe a UCONN fan doesn't know who Diana Taurasi is!" However, I don't agree she is the greatest women's basketball player ever. She comes close, imo, but not THE greatest.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thank you. I thought most posters would catch that I was kidding. I followed her throughout her entire Uconn career, although Shea Ralph was the one who caused me to become a Uconn fan. As connboy77 stated, "Hard to believe a UCONN fan doesn't know who Diana Taurasi is!" However, I don't agree she is the greatest women's basketball player ever. She comes close, imo, but not THE greatest.
Most posters did catch that you were kidding-I certainly did. But now when you say DT is not the GOAT I'm thinking-you must still be kidding. :eek:

Reaction Score
remember that the topic is 19/20. I see a 1000 posts if this goes further. There is a GOAT thread & a 2NDGOAT elsewhere I believe.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
8/14

Today's the day Brunelle is supposed to announce her list of 11 schools under consideration. Think we can already be certain of at least a half dozen of them:

UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Louisville, Virginia, Maryland, and probably Tennessee.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Oh, and Duke is cut off in that post. They are the 11th school.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From the Article : Muffet McGraw was on the phone with 14 year old Azzi Fudd for 1/2 hour. If that what it takes to get Azzi then she'll probably end up at ND because I just can't imagine Geno getting on the phone and talking to a 14 year old for 1/2 hour. BTW comparison of Azzi Fudd to Maya Moore is coming from Carla Berube.

Would you want to talk to Muffet for 26 minutes? Does anyone think that Azzi bumping in to Diggins was serendipitous? Did Skylar offer her some french fries?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I guess if your last name is Fudd, embrace the horror and go with Azzi. I would have gone with Aw. Is this a youngster with a basketball lineage? Is she playing up? Okay, I read the article, she's one who has grown up with the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the Article : Muffet McGraw was on the phone with 14 year old Azzi Fudd for 1/2 hour. If that what it takes to get Azzi then she'll probably end up at ND because I just can't imagine Geno getting on the phone and talking to a 14 year old for 1/2 hour. BTW comparison of Azzi Fudd to Maya Moore is coming from Carla Berube.

Isn't that a violation? I thought there couldn't be any contact like that until their junior year??

Reaction Score
I guess if your last name is Fudd, embrace the horror and go with Azzi. I would have gone with Aw. Is this a youngster with a basketball lineage? Is she playing up? Okay, I read the article, she's one who has grown up with the game.

ROCK: Now THAT is "aw-ful" ;):)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Isn't that a violation? I thought there couldn't be any contact like that until their junior year??
No, this was not a violation. First of all the article does not say who initiated the call. It says that her Father is handling all the recruiting and the Student or Parent can make as many calls to a school or coach as they like.
Second, I've been a way from this a few years now-since 2010- but from what I recall the rules actually change once the prospect goes into high school.
Azzi does not go into HS until this coming fall.

Reaction Score

Not particularly worried about that conversation.....what 14 year old remembers a half hour phone call from anybody? To borrow a phrase, when Geno calls people (even 14 year olds) listen...........

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Surprised by Wake Forest and NC State.

I believe there's a connection (AAU) to Gayle Coats Fulks, a former assistant coach at Wake who recently became head coach at Davidson. I believe Brunelle played AAU ball for a team coached by Fulks's father and there's a former AAU teammate or two currently at Wake. Fulks recruited Brunelle to Wake before getting the job at Davidson. Wake's head coach Jen Hoover was a former assistant coach for Debbie Ryan at UVA.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not particularly worried about that conversation.....what 14 year old remembers a half hour phone call from anybody? To borrow a phrase, when Geno calls people (even 14 year olds) listen......
The part about Geno is correct but I think you are way under selling 14 year olds.
DT remembers the first recruiting letter she got in 7th grade it was from Walla Walla Community College. My daughter remembers the first coach that call our house when she was in 7th grade, it was Beth Drunkenburger of VT. I think it's the opposite, if a 14 YO doesn't remember a phone call from Muffet I would be worried.

Reaction Score
The part about Geno is correct but I think you are way under selling 14 year olds.
DT remembers the first recruiting letter she got in 7th grade it was from Walla Walla Community College. My daughter remembers the first coach that call our house when she was in 7th grade, it was Beth Drunkenburger of VT. I think it's the opposite, if a 14 YO doesn't remember a phone call from Muffet I would be worried.

Perhaps but if you were able to track the number of top recruits I would bet that most ended up signing with the school that met their needs the most as a 16 or 17 year old...........we've seen plenty of early "locks" end up at other schools............add to that the fact that this particular player will be exposed to many coaches and teammates in AAU and international play that may sway her in a different direction..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom