2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
I agree.

But what if an assistant coach tweets photos of her and team members attending church services? Would that be an effective recruiting strategy for a recruit who talks about the importance of her faith?

It'll be interesting to see.

Many of the assistant coaches include quotes from the Bible in the bio section of their tweets............., religion plays a major role in many of the recruits lives, especially in the south so I guess this would be considered a positive

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If your Friday evenings are slow I can only imagine how slow tonight -- Thursday evening -- is.

Just so we're clear, the point of my post was simply to note, in jest, that a recruiting milestone - a twitter follow by Chris Dailey -- could be checked off. As most know, Chris is not very active on twitter especially when compared with other assistants coaches. I did not expect to then see a list of how many teams the recruit is following on twitter! But hey, it's not called the silly season for nothin'.
Uhm, Chris Dailey is an "Associate" head coach and thus should never be compared to other assistant coaches-even in jest. :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sam Puisis of Mason, OH. has committed to Sue Semrau and Florida State per her twitter and Raoul.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Florida State had a great summer of recruiting.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
There's currently no school in the country hotter than FSU on the recruiting trail right now. Putting together a stellar 2018 class and already have two 2019 commits, both likely will be in the top 20 when it's all said and done. Wow.

How does Semrau do it?

Reaction Score
Sam Puisis of Mason, OH. has committed to Sue Semrau and Florida State per her twitter and Raoul.

.........bit of a surprise, thought she was Notre Dame or Ohio State bound...........UConn might of had had some interest but I don't think they ever offered........that's two top twenty players in the '19 class for FSU

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
....bit of a surprise, thought she was Notre Dame or Ohio State bound......UConn might of had had some interest but I don't think they ever offered...that's two top twenty players in the '19 class for FSU

It's interesting. Sammie Puisis came to an ND game in South Bend in March 2017 and we Irish followers thought that was a good sign. In retrospect, I now realize she was there to watch ND's opponent that day....Florida State.

Her high school rival and AAU Teammate Abby Prohaska, was at ND this weekend (along with other ND commits Katlyn Gilbert and Danielle Cosgrove and prospect Jordan Nixon) and that got me to check on her buddy Puisis, where I saw this information. Seems she knew fellow commit River Baldwin (future roommates?) and that family members are congratulating her for joining them in Florida.

The 2019 class has a lot of fine wings/guards from the midwest alone, including:
- Kierstan Bell (who has an offer from ND, if memory holds);
- Breanna Beal, the Illinois Player of the Year, who just got an offer from South Carolina;
- Rickea Jackson from Detroit, who also just got an offer from South Carolina, so Dawn Staley is obviously covering her bases.

as well as:
- Celeste Taylor, the 5'10" guard from Long Island Lutheran and Philly Belle teammate of 2018 ND commit Danielle Cosgrove;
- Diamond Miller, the 6'1" wing/guard/do everything player from New Jersey who, along with Taylor, was on the U.S. team that won gold in Argentina this summer.

And there's 2020 wing/guard Sydney Parris in Indiana, who has gotten offers from seemingly every B1G school already.

Stay tuned...

Dillon77

Reaction Score
There's currently no school in the country hotter than FSU on the recruiting trail right now. Putting together a stellar 2018 class and already have two 2019 commits, both likely will be in the top 20 when it's all said and done. Wow.

How does Semrau do it?

Just a few years ago, she was filling her classes with some regional recruits, transfers and a health dosage of international players. Now she's solidified her standing on the domestic and working with U.S. Basketball is only going to help that.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It's interesting. Sammie Puisis came to an ND game in South Bend in March 2017 and we Irish followers thought that was a good sign. In retrospect, I now realize she was there to watch ND's opponent that day....Florida State.

Her high school rival and AAU Teammate Abby Prohaska, was at ND this weekend (along with other ND commits Katlyn Gilbert and Danielle Cosgrove and prospect Jordan Nixon) and that got me to check on her buddy Puisis, where I saw this information. Seems she knew fellow commit River Baldwin (future roommates?) and that family members are congratulating her for joining them in Florida.

The 2019 class has a lot of fine wings/guards from the midwest alone, including:
- Kierstan Bell (who has an offer from ND, if memory holds);
- Breanna Beal, the Illinois Player of the Year, who just got an offer from South Carolina;
- Rickea Jackson from Detroit, who also just got an offer from South Carolina, so Dawn Staley is obviously covering her bases.

as well as:
- Celeste Taylor, the 5'10" guard from Long Island Lutheran and Philly Belle teammate of 2018 ND commit Danielle Cosgrove;
- Diamond Miller, the 6'1" wing/guard/do everything player from New Jersey who, along with Taylor, was on the U.S. team that won gold in Argentina this summer.

And there's 2020 wing/guard Sydney Parris in Indiana, who has gotten offers from seemingly every B1G school already.

Stay tuned...
Dare I use the quote with a twist...you had me at "It's interesting..." and then, as usual your post did not disappoint. How you track all this is either very impressive or very scary and I am still not sure which! Thanks for the info.

Reaction Score
Dare I use the quote with a twist...you had me at "It's interesting..." and then, as usual your post did not disappoint. How you track all this is either very impressive or very scary and I am still not sure which! Thanks for the info.

be scared..............very very scared.........:D

Dillon77

Reaction Score

be scared....very very scared....:D

When you put it that way, maybe I should reconsider this "hobby" :rolleyes:

The Puisis going to the ND-FSU game was easy to remember because a few of the posters on McGraw's Bench saw her at the game and we were enthused for what we thought were obvious reasons. Surprise ;)

The listing of the other prospects just kind of grows in your head as you read reports, stories, etc. (I'm sure Charlie can relate...help clear my brain!).

I also put together a semi-regular update on McGraw's Bench regarding (possible) Irish prospects (not just the ones who commit, but ones who have gone elsewhere...its' an interesting exercise). So a lot of the other names are from that. I'll update that now that Ms. Nixon has taken her official visit.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
be scared....very very scared....:D
Enlighten me--if you would--as to the procedure when a recruit such as CW makes an official visit to UConn. Is there a time limit on how long she can visit? Do her parents accompany her? Do/Does they/she stay in the dorm or a hotel? Does a current player chaperone her? What's the biggest selling point, the banners? Geno? Will the player meet with just Geno or the entire coaching staff? If the player has a favorite former UConn player (say, DT) will UConn make an effort to get her to campus? Does the recruit get to shoot around or play a pick up game with the current players? If the visit goes well, do players ever commit to UConn during the visit?

Thanks. I appreciate your indulgence.

Reaction Score
Enlighten me--if you would--as to the procedure when a recruit such as CW makes an official visit to UConn. Is there a time limit on how long she can visit? Do her parents accompany her? Do/Does they/she stay in the dorm or a hotel? Does a current player chaperone her? What's the biggest selling point, the banners? Geno? Will the player meet with just Geno or the entire coaching staff? If the player has a favorite former UConn player (say, DT) will UConn make an effort to get her to campus? Does the recruit get to shoot around or play a pick up game with the current players? If the visit goes well, do players ever commit to UConn during the visit?

Thanks. I appreciate your indulgence.

I would think the official visit would be similar regardless of the division. During my daughters recruitment, she stayed an entire weekend (Friday - Monday) in the dorm with the team. She visited with the coaches, watched practice and participated in the first night. I didn't accompany her to that one. She did this at a few schools. Others were day visits where my mom and I went with her.

During her freshman year in college, she played hostice to a recruit from Florida. She stayed with my daughter in the dorm, went to classes and visited with the entire coaching staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom