2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 32 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is there another thread about 2018 or is it now this one?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, did Christyn set up her official visit to UConn yet? I'm assuming her other three official visits will be UConn, UCLA, and Baylor.

Reaction Score

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sorry to repeat this post but CW is hopefully one of our's:

I've got to admit that I've got absolutely no feel for Christyn Williams and her eventual college choice, particularly since Baylor may or may not be on her finals list. Not seeing as much on any kind of media compared to Megatron or even Evina Westbrook. And that may be a good thing..the constant "will she/won't she" of last summer/early fall was like an increasingly louder drip...perhaps because the Irish just need to call a plumber afterwards!

Trying not to get too high or low on this one and see what plays out. In many ways, I think the pressure is not quite as high on MM in regards to this recruit because Katlyn Gilbert is already aboard, Jackie Young will still be around and there's a bevy of talented guards/wings in 2019.
In many ways, I think MM and Niele Ivey are more concerned with getting another point guard, which makes that Jordan Nixon visit in early September worth keeping an eye on.

Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
I haven't kept up with recruiting developments. Anyone care to recap where things stand for 2018 (and beyond)?
C Collier is the only verbal, correct?
Who is still being pursued for 18?

Reaction Score
I haven't kept up with recruiting developments. Anyone care to recap where things stand for 2018 (and beyond)?
C Collier is the only verbal, correct?
Who is still being pursued for 18?

As far as I know only C. Williams!

Reaction Score
I misspoke, I meant to ask is she following CD too?..............well yes she is and she's also following Marisa Moseley..............but then again she's also following a few other teams including coaches from schools like: Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, Florida State, Florida, Colorado, Georgia, Duke, Creighton, Oregon State, Oregon, Louisville, Stanford, Wisconsin, Vanderbilt, USC, UCLA, Washington, Marquette, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Purdue, Minnesota, TCU, South Carolina, Maryland, Kentucky, Rutgers, Texas, Penn State, Old Dominion, Oklahoma, and Ohio State...........

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I misspoke, I meant to ask is she following CD too?....well yes she is and she's also following Marisa Moseley....but then again she's also following a few other teams including coaches from schools like: Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, Florida State, Florida, Colorado, Georgia, Duke, Creighton, Oregon State, Oregon, Louisville, Stanford, Wisconsin, Vanderbilt, USC, UCLA, Washington, Marquette, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Purdue, Minnesota, TCU, South Carolina, Maryland, Kentucky, Rutgers, Texas, Penn State, Old Dominion, Oklahoma, and Ohio State......

Oh my god; you've got to be kidding. All those teams. You put a lot of work in to that post.

We're doomed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh my god; you've got to be kidding. All those teams. You put a lot of work in to that post.

We're doomed.

I don't know. I like our chances against TCU. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

We're doomed.

you can see it's a slow Friday evening around here.................and those are just the one's she's following..............I would assume that there are far more that are following her but when it comes down to it, the same five to ten schools will end up on her list and most likely it will come down to UConn, ND and one or two others...................

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
you can see it's a slow Friday evening around here.......and those are just the one's she's following....I would assume that there are far more that are following her but when it comes down to it, the same five to ten schools will end up on her list and most likely it will come down to UConn, ND and one or two others....

If your Friday evenings are slow I can only imagine how slow tonight -- Thursday evening -- is.

Just so we're clear, the point of my post was simply to note, in jest, that a recruiting milestone - a twitter follow by Chris Dailey -- could be checked off. As most know, Chris is not very active on twitter especially when compared with other assistants coaches. I did not expect to then see a list of how many teams the recruit is following on twitter! But hey, it's not called the silly season for nothin'.

Reaction Score
Sorry to repeat this post but CW is hopefully one of our's:

We're doomed.
With all those high power Football schools--what chance does Uconn have of getting ANY of those top Girls Basketball Players (they become Women players only after they arrive on site-Uconn) --if we are not entirely DOOMED--That slope has been made slick. It is near impossible any would consider that farmers school deep into the north woods of Ct---no trains, not even a trolley, or cable car, or bus to a really good town or city--like OKC or Austin.

Reaction Score
If your Friday evenings are slow I can only imagine how slow tonight -- Thursday evening -- is.

Just so we're clear, the point of my post was simply to note, in jest, that a recruiting milestone - a twitter follow by Chris Dailey -- could be checked off. As most know, Chris is not very active on twitter especially when compared with other assistants coaches. I did not expect to then see a list of how many teams the recruit is following on twitter! But hey, it's not called the silly season for nothin'.

ohhhhhhhh right............my vacation starts tonight instead of the end of the week so it sure feels like a Friday to me..............;)you are very right in that from what I have observed, she only seems to follow the cream of the crop and then usually towards the end of the recruiting process..............Geno is also one of the only coaches I know of that doesn't tweet to any of the recruits..........frankly the whole tweeting thing is a bit over rated as a recruiting tool...........I'm pretty sure that phone contact and the recruiting visits are far more vital tools to secure a commitment ..............

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ohhhhhhhh right..my vacation starts tonight instead of the end of the week so it sure feels like a Friday to me....;)you are very right in that from what I have observed, she only seems to follow the cream of the crop and then usually towards the end of the recruiting process....Geno is also one of the only coaches I know of that doesn't tweet to any of the recruits.....frankly the whole tweeting thing is a bit over rated as a recruiting tool......I'm pretty sure that phone contact and the recruiting visits are far more vital tools to secure a commitment ....

I agree.

But what if an assistant coach tweets photos of her and team members attending church services? Would that be an effective recruiting strategy for a recruit who talks about the importance of her faith?

It'll be interesting to see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom