2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 30 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Will she be handing out roses?
That's a strange thing to say coming from Alydar, who never got to wear a garland of roses on the first Saturday in May. But he did get his revenge in the breeder's shed where he was far superior to Affirmed.

Reaction Score
That's a strange thing to say coming from Alydar, who never got to wear a garland of roses on the first Saturday in May. But he did get his revenge in the breeder's shed where he was far superior to Affirmed.

:) Roses fade but progeny lives forever.

The last mile of their Belmont was the best match race I ever witnessed. In almost any other year Alydar would have been a TC champ. He lost all three TC races by a total of 2 lengths. It's a shame that syndications/tax shelters in those days ended the racing careers of so many great horses far too early.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
:) Roses fade but progeny lives forever.

The last mile of their Belmont was the best match race I ever witnessed. In almost any other year Alydar would have been a TC champ. He lost all three TC races by a total of 2 lengths. It's a shame that syndications/tax shelters in those days ended the racing careers of so many great horses far too early.

The Affirmed-Alydar matchup was terrific but check out the 1962 Travers--I'm sure there's a video on You Tube--to see Jaipur and Ridan engage in an even better head-to-head duel.

Yes, had Penny Chenery not needed money to settle the estate of her late father, Secretariat would not have been syndicated and would have raced in the 1974 Arc de Triomphe, which would have been the grandest spectacle in the sport's history.

Although purses have risen for elite horses, there is still more money to be made at stud.

Thankfully, even though the horses head off after a couple of years on the track, we get to see most of Geno's stars for four years.

Reaction Score
Here's a player that could use four years of UConn coaching.............she has yet to list any colleges of interest that I'm aware of but I would be surprised if Syracuse wasn't in the mix...........at 6'3" the #2 rated forward in the 2019 class according to ESPN

Reaction Score
Hopkins won the title game last night but nobody is reporting details. The MN high school girls sites are all pay-walled.

I was also frustrated by the pay walls. But then she is a rising sophomore and it's much more frustrating to realize that it will be 3 more years till she gets to college. I'm pretty ignorant about AAU play but don't they keep playing into September? Maybe we'll get to see her then. I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching a high school player, never mind a rising sophomore.

Reaction Score
I've been reluctant of making that comparison but I've seen some of the same traits.
That's two of us...while many aspects of her game stand out, her court vision, as a sophomore, is especially impressive:cool:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
'm pretty ignorant about AAU play but don't they keep playing into September? Maybe we'll get to see her then.

I'm not certain but I think it's just through August. Hopefully, that Minnesota sports channel that posted a few Hopkins games on Youtube will continue doing so this year.

Reaction Score
I'm not certain but I think it's just through August. Hopefully, that Minnesota sports channel that posted a few Hopkins games on Youtube will continue doing so this year.
About 75% of Hopkins games are streamed each year thriugh a few different venues.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Whose Diana Taurasi?

WNBA+Diana+Taurasi.jpg

Reaction Score
Hard to believe that a UCONN Fan doesn't know who Diana Taurasi is! Just the best women's basketball player ever!
I'm pretty sure that Donalddoowop's tongue was pushed firmly through his cheek. It was a funny riff on the "Who is Myra?" question that popped up in the thread on the Gordons.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Donalddoowop's tongue was pushed firmly through his cheek. It was a funny riff on the "Who is Myra?" question that popped up in the thread on the Gordons.
Lol.
upload_2017-8-10_17-6-33.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom