2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
depends on how much you believe in young love.....Sam B's boyfriend is a big time baseball player and he's going to Clemson I believe....I wonder if Sam B wants to stay close to him and closer to home or if she is willing to make the full commitment to UConn up north...
9th grade?? 3 more years 8 more boyfriends ??

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
depends on how much you believe in young love.....Sam B's boyfriend is a big time baseball player and he's going to Clemson I believe....I wonder if Sam B wants to stay close to him and closer to home or if she is willing to make the full commitment to UConn up north...

Or she could come to SC and be two hours away from him.. :D

Reaction Score

FaceTime is like a second away. There is always thanksgiving and Christmas break. More than enough time together.

I really think she's a huskie

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New development perhaps. Local paper reports UConn is in on 2019 Breanna Beal (Blue Star #2, ESPN #4, PN #8).

Kevin Beal also said Dawn Staley, head coach of the 2017 national titlists South Carolina is going to speak to Brea in the next week or so; and 11-time national champs Connecticut coaches have talked other AAU coach and said they they are following Brea closely this summer. Perennial powerhouse Louisville has also offered Beal.

"Of course, UConn and Stanford are still two dream teams I've aimed for," Beal said.

The Beal deal: Brea does the hoops; Dad does the rest

Reaction Score
New development perhaps. Local paper reports UConn is in on 2019 Breanna Beal (Blue Star #2, ESPN #4, PN #8).

"Of course, UConn and Stanford are still two dream teams I've aimed for," Beal said.

I remember an earlier article where she said Stanford was her dream team and that she also liked UConn..............if nothing else she is consistent

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Kevin Beal also said Dawn Staley, head coach of the 2017 national titlists South Carolina is going to speak to Brea in the next week or so; and 11-time national champs Connecticut coaches have talked other AAU coach and said they they are following Brea closely this summer. Perennial powerhouse Louisville has also offered Beal.

The Beal deal: Brea does the hoops; Dad does the rest
A Rock Island Rock. They were/are in my HS's conference. (Western Big 6)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I remember an earlier article where she said Stanford was her dream team and that she also liked UConn....if nothing else she is consistent
Actually at the time UCONN had not made contact.
"Everyone is amazed at Connecticut," said Beal, adding that the Huskies have not contacted her."
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...anna-beal-goes-national-big-time-performances
Will be very interesting to see which 2019 G/Wing UCONN zeroes in on. Plenty of Good/Great Choices:
Diamond Miller
Rikea Jackson
Breanna Beal
Jordan Horston
Haley Jones
Sammie Puisis

Reaction Score
Of course you are correct---with information--i didn't know. I should be cognizant of that situation--my wife (to her credit/regret) has been with me that long--if she had 8 boy friends in those 3 year--if i find out, we'll have a real discussion. 64/5 years later.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Info from another thread for recruits to consider:

The seven former Huskies scheduled to play in Saturday's WNBA All-Star Game are the most from one school in the game's history topping the previous mark of six (also by UConn) in 2011.

UConn has had the most alums in the last nine WNBA All-Star Games counting Saturday's.

UConn and Tennessee are the only programs to have players selected for every WNBA All-Star Game.

Reaction Score
"Everyone is amazed at Connecticut," said Beal, adding that the Huskies have not contacted her."
Midwest Elite sensation Breanna Beal goes national with big-time performances
Will be very interesting to see which 2019 G/Wing UCONN zeroes in on. Plenty of Good/Great Choices:
Diamond Miller
Rikea Jackson
Breanna Beal
Jordan Horston
Haley Jones
Sammie Puisis
I still want Sammie Puisis. I really like her all around game and she seems very level headed and tough.

Reaction Score
I still want Sammie Puisis. I really like her all around game and she seems very level headed and tough.

I 100% agree, the girl is a winner. She would be a nice commit. Smart girl that can shoot and doesn't get rattled easily. A very nice Geno type player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Diamond Miller
Rikea Jackson
Breanna Beal
Jordan Horston
Haley Jones
Sammie Puisis

Don't recall any reports of UConn interest in Horston. You sure about her?

As for the list, very interested in Jones, Beal, and Jackson, all three very different types of player.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Midwest Elite sensation Breanna Beal goes national with big-time performances
Diamond Miller
Rikea Jackson
Breanna Beal
Jordan Horston
Haley Jones
Sammie Puisis

From that list if I'm taking two then I'm taking Jackson and Jones...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't recall any reports of UConn interest in Horston. You sure about her? As for the list, very interested in Jones, Beal, and Jackson, all three very different types of player.
I'm definitely not sure of of UCONN interest in Horston-It was just wishful thinking on my part she is very talented.
Miller is growing on me quickly. Versatile 1-3 type position player and a defensive demon. Apparently Miller's father played for Nova' and her older sister is playing at LaSalle. All these are the same class as Brunelle 2019 so I'm not sure that we would take three in this class, although UCONN could be graduating 3 starters before this class gets on campus. .

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
All these are the same class as Brunelle 2019 so I'm not sure that we would take three in this class, although UCONN could be graduating 3 starters before this class gets on campus. .

Well, they might end up with a class of one for 2018 the way things are moving. Unless something else pops up it feels like Williams is the last potential add.

I sure wouldn't cry over a Brunelle, Boston, Jones/Beal 2019 class. Even all 4 if Collier is the only 2018. Then target guards like, oh, Bueckers and Burke in '20. Just spit-balling.

Reaction Score
From that list if I'm taking two then I'm taking Jackson and Jones...

There's no possible way you could leave Beal out. That girl has flava and pizzazz that you can't deny. She's a very rare breed kind of player that's not seen much in today's game. She reminds me of Allisha Gray in high school. The kid has all the tools to be SPECAIL!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, they might end up with a class of one for 2018 the way things are moving. Unless something else pops up it feels like Williams is the last potential add.

I sure wouldn't cry over a Brunelle, Boston, Jones/Beal 2019 class. Even all 4 if Collier is the only 2018. Then target guards like, oh, Bueckers and Burke in '20. Just spit-balling.
I like the way you are spitting. If 2018 remains as is then the roster going into 2019-20 season could be as few as 8. So I think you may actually need more than 3. I would go Brunelle + (Boston or Amihere) + (Jackson or Beal or Jones or Pusuis) + (Cooke or Miller) Bold would be my choices. This becomes a big deal because at least one (maybe 2) member(s) of the 2019 class has to be ready to start as a Freshmen.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
There's no possible way you could leave Beal out. That girl has flava and pizzazz that you can't deny. She's a very rare breed kind of player that's not seen much in today's game. She reminds me of Allisha Gray in high school. The kid has all the tools to be SPECAIL!!!

I love Haley Jones' game though.. so much California swag and confidence in how she plays. She's too cool for school. I'll definitely take Beal too.. Lots of good wings/SF in this class..

Reaction Score
I love Haley Jones' game though.. so much California swag and confidence in how she plays. She's too cool for school. I'll definitely take Beal too.. Lots of good wings/SF in this class..

I like her game as well. This class is dominated by Wings so there really isn't a winner/loser in who gets who. I actually take Brunelle to be kind of a Wing instead of a Forward. Her shot making ability from midrange and the 3 will allow her to be able to play out on the Perimeter. If she improves her ball handling she's going to be tough to stop.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I like her game as well. This class is dominated by Wings so there really isn't a winner/loser in who gets who. I actually take Brunelle to be kind of a Wing instead of a Forward. Her shot making ability from midrange and the 3 will allow her to be able to play out on the Perimeter. If she improves her ball handling she's going to be tough to stop.

Yeah, Brunelle is a mismatch... you can play her all over. I think this 2019 class is pretty deep..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Brunelle would struggle defensively on the wing. She appears to be a maximum effort defender but the best way to describe it it she moves deliberately laterally that is code for not quick. Amihere on the other hand is the best perimeter defender I have seen for a player of her size.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom