2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 24 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Is one of these evaluation sites--Blue Star, Prospects Nation, ESPN, et al--considered the "gold standard" in this area?

All of the ratings services are totally subjective and there's no way to know why they sometimes change rankings as radically as they do..tends to make me doubt their baseline numbers to begin with......a player doesn't loose skills, they simply may not reach their level of expectations while others may surpass them over time......as long as a player stays in the top tier of ranked players I don't particularly care if they are ranked number one or number fifteen .....if Brunelle averages 20 points and 10 rebounds a game in Argentina and Boston has just an OK week does Brunelle get her number one ranking back?

Definitely not. They all have built in biases and inconsistencies based on geography, AAU program affiliation, sneaker company affiliation & down right shady people.

That's why I've always got as many ranking services as I could (Bluestar, Hoopgurlz, Prospect Nations, ASGR if I can find them) and combined them (averaged them out). Come up with my own list. Give you a decent overview.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's why I've always got as many ranking services as I could (Bluestar, Hoopgurlz, Prospect Nations, ASGR if I can find them) and combined them (averaged them out). Come up with my own list. Give you a decent overview.
Yea back in the day @vowelguy used to do a composite rating which combined ASGR + ProspectNation + BlueStar + FullCourt. I guess when transfers spiked he had to change his business model and start tracking that. Is Fullcourt still doing rankings?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea back in the day @vowelguy used to do a composite rating which combined ASGR + ProspectNation + BlueStar + FullCourt. I guess when transfers spiked he had to change his business model and start tracking that. Is Fullcourt still doing rankings?
Haven't seen Fullcourt for a couple years. But I have trouble finding ASGRs also. I'm not gonna pay for them.

Reaction Score

Yeah, transfers definitely more lucrative business. Higher margins. :p

The HS rating business was a ton of work, and it lost its fun when a BY member (now banned thankfully) decided to yell and scream at me for not doing the rating to his liking.

Reaction Score
Yeah, transfers definitely more lucrative business. Higher margins. :p

The HS rating business was a ton of work, and it lost its fun when a BY member (now banned thankfully) decided to yell and scream at me for not doing the rating to his liking.

I kind of missed said banned poster but I miss your composite rankings more.

Reaction Score
Sam Brunelle's latest blog: talks about U16 Gold and upcoming recruiting

Samantha Brunelle blog: Winning gold, looking ahead to 2018 and recruiting
Sam B -she ain't no baby--is a very talented young lady. She has her head screwed on straight
and with the published attitude (I don't personally know her) she has what it takes to be a Uconn kid.
I wish her great success--Heresy--I hope life for her is more than just basketball--this is her last time to be a kid--be one.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers and her 9th grade North Tartan team won their divisional tourney Sunday at the Summer Jam AAU. Here's one first-hand observation:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star's Mark Lewis reports on this past weekend's (6/16-6/18) Summer Jam in Minnesota:

Paige Bueckers – 2020 – Guard – North Tartan 9th – Playing elite level basketball…Focused…Continues to improve…Length with ballskills…Creates both shots and passes…Lean but handles contact…Deceptive speed with the ball in her hands…Floater serves her well…Wingspan defensively

Azzi Fudd – 2021 – Combo – Fairfax Stars – Continues to play at an elite level…Diversity in her attack keeps expanding…Stronger and handling contact…Square and elevating more on pull up…Reads are sharper every time out…Anticipating more defensively…Assertive on ball…Fluidity is showing in all aspects of her play

10th Annual North Tartan Summer Jam - Bluestar Media

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
These kids never come up for air do they!
They never do ,and unfortunately for some it will eventually take a toll in the for of burn out-see EDD. Raised too daughters who had to turn down both Junior & Senior prom invitations in lieu of playing in showcase AAU tournaments hundreds of miles away from home. I forget which UCONN class of 2017 but at least one of them is missing HS graduation this year and I believe Crystal missed hers last year. Special kids, incredible sacrifices.

Reaction Score
They never do ,and unfortunately for some it will eventually take a toll in the for of burn out-see EDD. Raised too daughters who had to turn down both Junior & Senior prom invitations in lieu of playing in showcase AAU tournaments hundreds of miles away from home. I forget which UConn class of 2017 but at least one of them is missing HS graduation this year and I believe Crystal missed hers last year. Special kids, incredible sacrifices.
Mikayla missed her graduation!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom