2018 wins needed for NCAA bid | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2018 wins needed for NCAA bid

Reaction Score
The only possibility I can think of is Broadhurst, and I find it hard to believe he would see any PT at this point in the season.

Fedko didn't play against HC. Was he out on injury?????

Reaction Score
Yeah that couldn't have been what they meant. The funny thing is, I had a feeling I had forgotten something, but perhaps not.

"Rice Rising with Riser" is a cute tag I found on their forum. Sadly the AD is an idiot and will probably hire Berkman instead.

Yeah Riser is a pretty fantastic coach - should be on anyone's list, but i'm also meh on him anywhere near a Texas school. He's made his name plucking four year developmental kids out of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama... who aren't exactly academics.

Texas baseball is even more of a good ole boys network than football - so I dunno. Sam Houston State coach might be an interesting get for them...

Ironically Steve Pierce would have fit like a glove there coming from Tulane.

But like you - i'll bet my life is it's Berkman and it'll be a disaster.

Reaction Score
And mind you - the SELU kids are not dinks. They're great kids. They're just not WOW PROSPEKTZ right out of high school or 2-3 tool kids who display as HS jrs who end up at SEC school. They're fantastic kids, actually.

It's just what he goes after.

This though - coming from a dude who's got an *ultra* softspot for Southland conference baseball.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
And mind you - the SELU kids are not dinks. They're great kids. They're just not WOW PROSPEKTZ right out of high school or 2-3 tool kids who display as HS jrs who end up at SEC school. They're fantastic kids, actually.

It's just what he goes after.

This though - coming from a dude who's got an *ultra* softspot for Southland conference baseball.

Yea, and when UConn played them they were extremely deep. I was impressed by how many bullpen arms they had...maybe not a lot of Jacob Wallace types but a lot of rock solid pitchers. Wish UConn could borrow a couple, with our injuries.

I don't see Rice ever recruiting at an elite level again, but a player developer like Riser could brimg in solid talent and just develop it. I agree with you on the recruiting Texas thing though (at least Rice will take JUCO's) and tbh he might be better off staying there in the long run anyway. That's a really solid SELA program he's built, and Rice has plenty of quality non-Berkman candidates to choose from...maybe SHSU coach or the TCU pitching coach Sarloos.

Incidentally, do you know what happened to Lamar this season? I have no idea why their program is so up and down. Some years they are a tough out for the Texas powerhouses, and in other years like this they really struggle. UConn appears on their schedule now and then, which makes me doubly curious.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it’s not like they’d ever want any college teams playing in their stadium.

Your sarcasm is duly noted. However, that doesn't prove my point false. Tell me, have you heard a mouse fart from DDP and/or the Yard Goats about possibly missing out on a regional/super regional?

I'll take your answer off-air.

Reaction Score
Your sarcasm is duly noted. However, that doesn't prove my point false. Tell me, have you heard a mouse fart from DDP and/or the Yard Goats about possibly missing out on a regional/super regional?

To be fair it’s not like this has happened in their 1.5 years of existence. You can’t comment on something that has never been a possibility.

Reaction Score
To be fair it’s not like this has happened in their 1.5 years of existence. You can’t comment on something that has never been a possibility.

Like any other minor league team, they need to build strong relationships with their fans. Cancelling games with a week's notice so another team can use your stadium is not the way to do it.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The Yard Goats have had just over 1 season at home and 1 season as a road team. They lost money that first year so they aren't going to go out of their way to not use their stadium.

Reaction Score

You're right, I can't. But I scoff at the notion that the people running DDP and the Yard Goats are behind close doors knashing their teeth, or kicking themselves, over possibly missing out on a regional/super regional should UCONN be selected as a host.

Reaction Score
You're right, I can't. But I scoff at the notion that the people running DDP and the Yard Goats are behind close doors knashing their teeth, or kicking themselves, over possibly missing out on a regional/super regional should UCONN be selected as a host.
I don’t think that’s the case either. I do think they see it as an opportunity to make a nice profit if this does arise in the future.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
S

So.....the only way we know that they would have any interest is if they send a press release stating as much? You're not exactly proving my suggestion false either. Bottom line is that DDP has gone out of their way to schedule multiple college games there this season. There are also non-baseball events scheduled. Every entertainment venue wants to be booked as many days as possible. And if they are happy to book regular season college matchup, they'd step up to host a regional in a second if they could.

Reaction Score
Crazy day. Just wanted to post updated chart. Lets keep winning.

Go Huskies

Current record.. season goal

8 - 5 / .615 % .... 14 - 10 / .583 % - AAC regular season
0- 0 / .000% .... 2 - 2 / .500 - AAC tourney
7- 0-1 / .938% ... 11 - 2 / .846 - New England games
9-7/ .562.... 9 - 7/ .562- Other games

Post season Criteria
(1) 24-12-1 .662 ..... 36-21 / .631 - Overall record

(2) 11... <50- RPI

(3) 3th - Top 4 AAC

CHART Code
red = below goal
green = at or above goal
black = not yet applicable

Reaction Score
S

So.....the only way we know that they would have any interest is if they send a press release stating as much? You're not exactly proving my suggestion false either. Bottom line is that DDP has gone out of their way to schedule multiple college games there this season. There are also non-baseball events scheduled. Every entertainment venue wants to be booked as many days as possible. And if they are happy to book regular season college matchup, they'd step up to host a regional in a second if they could.

Yet they haven't. What does that tell you? It tells me they're not interested, or happy, to step up and host a regional. Not to mention that if DDP really was interested in hosting a regional, you'd hear rumors of the "unamed sources" variety. None of those kinds of rumors are coming out of DDP/Yard Goats.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Yet they haven't. What does that tell you? It tells me they're not interested, or happy, to step up and host a regional. Not to mention that if DDP really was interested in hosting a regional, you'd hear rumors of the "unamed sources" variety. None of those kinds of rumors are coming out of DDP/Yard Goats.
I was being facetious - there would be no press release or chatter unless it was remotely possible. Because of the schedule, it is not.

Reaction Score
Fenway for the regional. DDP for the Super Regionals. I’ll take it!;)[/QUOTE

We have to sweep Houston to get a Regional. 2/3 from ECU to boot. Then let AAC Tourney take care of itself. That puts us in elite company

huskypantz

Reaction Score
We have to sweep Houston to get a Regional. 2/3 from ECU to boot. Then let AAC Tourney take care of itself. That puts us in elite company
I don't think we have to sweep Houston. I think we probably need to sweep Memphis and SH, get at least one of two against URI and NU, win both the Houston and ECU series and get to conference finals game (or at least the final 4) to guarantee a spot as a 1. That is a tall task and we're going to need Cate back to make it happen. This week' break for finals is good timing, hopefully we can continue to get healthier going into next weekend.

Reaction Score
I don't think we have to sweep Houston. I think we probably need to sweep Memphis and SH, get at least one of two against URI and NU, win both the Houston and ECU series and get to conference finals game (or at least the final 4) to guarantee a spot as a 1. That is a tall task and we're going to need Cate back to make it happen. This week' break for finals is good timing, hopefully we can continue to get healthier going into next weekend.
He's throwing off of the mound on Thursday.

Reaction Score
Just won our 4th of 5 AAC weekend series. Would love to sweep a weekend, but I will take winning 2 of 3 for our last 3 series.

AAC conference RPI up to 3rd. Unless we blowup, we are in pretty good shape ( at minimum) for an at large bid.

Only 1 game back in AAC loss column. Plus we have first place Houston coming to town in a few weeks. So we may be in position to control our own destiny.

Looking like Tim Cate, may be back soon. This will be a big plus, if he is healthy.

Still " All Green" below. Lets keep winning.

Go Huskies

9 - 6 / .600 % .... 14 - 10 / .583 % - AAC regular season

Post season Criteria
(1) 25-13-1 .654 ..... 36-21 / .631 - Overall record

(2) 13... <50- RPI

(3) 3rd - Top 4 AAC

CHART Code
red = below goal
green = at or above goal

Reaction Score
Just won our 4th of 5 AAC weekend series. Would love to sweep a weekend, but I will take winning 2 of 3 for our last 3 series.

AAC conference RPI up to 3rd. Unless we blowup, we are in pretty good shape ( at minimum) for an at large bid.

Only 1 game back in AAC loss column. Plus we have first place Houston coming to town in a few weeks. So we may be in position to control our own destiny.

Looking like Tim Cate, may be back soon. This will be a big plus, if he is healthy.

Still " All Green" below. Lets keep winning.

Go Huskies

9 - 6 / .600 % .... 14 - 10 / .583 % - AAC regular season

Post season Criteria
(1) 25-13-1 .654 ..... 36-21 / .631 - Overall record

(2) 13... <50- RPI

(3) 3rd - Top 4 AAC

CHART Code
red = below goal
green = at or above goal

Sweeps are tough in the AAC. However, as luck would have it, UConn is playing at Memphis this weekend. So far Memphis has two conference wins on the season, so if your looking for someone to possibly sweep, this is the best chance you are going to get. Considering UConn closes the season with two very tough home series against Houston and East Carolina, the Huskies are going to need all the wins they can get before then.

Reaction Score
D1baseball.com still has UConn hosting in Norwich as the #11 overall seed.

Also in Norwich are Vanderbilt (#2), Northeastern (#3) and St. John's (#4).

ECU hosting as #16 overall seed. USF, Houston and UCF also in the field. Hartford, Yale and Quinnipiac also projected to make the field at this point.

The SEC leads the way in overall bids with 11, while the rest of the conferences break down like this: ACC (6), Big Ten (6), American (5), Big 12 (5), Pac 12 (3), Conference USA (2), Atlantic Sun (2) and Missouri Valley (2).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom