2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 104 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Randy Edsall USES every available scholarship.

Maybe we don't have any Terry Richardson plucks from South Florida ... though I guarantee he was solely mandated to search through all available opportunities. We will find kids within the next few weeks to fully have a 85 man roster. Edsall proved to me ... he is a FAR better manager of a roster than Pasqualoni or Diaco ever were. He has foresight and evaluative tools that won't leave you with positional weakness for long.

As for Lindsey Witten ... 24/7 had him as a 6-4 190 DE when he was rising his Senior year. Only Indiana (who sucked at that point) and a good Toledo were listed as Offers. Rivals gave him a 5.1 (*we would scream about that kind of thing). He did come from a GREAT Cleveland HS in Glenville - I thought that was one piece that HCRE was desirous - get in with Glenville's coach. His brother Donte Whitner was a star at that time. He grew to 250. Lawrence Wilson had NO offers according to Rivals. 5.2 on Rivals. Not UAB which is nearby. 6-1 206. Grabbed his first Offer - UConn. Productive kids come in many flavors.

Seeing kids develop ... from relative obscure marks in recruiting ... should be one of the reasons we love CFB and this Program.

Reaction Score
Anybody know where Gilmore ended up? Did we offer, I don't see him on the list...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nothing announced yet for Baldonado, Gilmore or Jalen Scott at this moment. Baldonado was suppose to announce at 1030 deciding between Pitt (where Mimes landed, MSU (mired in scandal?) and UCF (where Woodson landed).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Saw that - nary a mention anywhere except a twitter profile change in last 24 hours.
Very strange a kid that tweets 10 times a day about college football signs with UMass and decides not to publish it. Maybe he will later today.

Reaction Score
Very strange a kid that tweets 10 times a day about college football signs with UMass and decides not to publish it. Maybe he will later today.

Strange all around with this kid.. He was on the Under Armour team that played on Nat'l TV the beginning of the year...We offered him (per 247) but nothing else seemed to transpire from that point on... Grades??? will he qualify for the Fall???? that's the only thing I can think of here...

Reaction Score
Nothing announced yet for Baldonado, Gilmore or Jalen Scott at this moment. Baldonado was suppose to announce at 1030 deciding between Pitt (where Mimes landed, MSU (mired in scandal?) and UCF (where Woodson landed).

Habakkuk Baldonado Pitt

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall USES every available scholarship.

Maybe we don't have any Terry Richardson plucks from South Florida ... though I guarantee he was solely mandated to search through all available opportunities. We will find kids within the next few weeks to fully have a 85 man roster. Edsall proved to me ... he is a FAR better manager of a roster than Pasqualoni or Diaco ever were. He has foresight and evaluative tools that won't leave you with positional weakness for long.

As for Lindsey Witten ... 24/7 had him as a 6-4 190 DE when he was rising his Senior year. Only Indiana (who sucked at that point) and a good Toledo were listed as Offers. Rivals gave him a 5.1 (*we would scream about that kind of thing). He did come from a GREAT Cleveland HS in Glenville - I thought that was one piece that HCRE was desirous - get in with Glenville's coach. His brother Donte Whitner was a star at that time. He grew to 250. Lawrence Wilson had NO offers according to Rivals. 5.2 on Rivals. Not UAB which is nearby. 6-1 206. Grabbed his first Offer - UConn. Productive kids come in many flavors.

Seeing kids develop ... from relative obscure marks in recruiting ... should be one of the reasons we love CFB and this Program.
The guys who follow the twitter connects had a pretty good read on our class. No surprises in our class. The point was that times have changed since Randy was here the 1st time. I appreciate the effort guys like exit4, medic and others put in in twitter to tell us who staff appears to be targeting.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I think DaeJuan Sanderson (RB/Safety) - Highland Regional High School, Blackwood New Jersey signed with Maine.

Reaction Score
AAC has a top 50 class, there is hope. Usf just outside. Lot of Ohio kids in Cincy's class.

Rivals.com

They got a kid in that class i've seen play in a state champ. game, Josh Wyhle who is listed as a 3 star tight end. My guess is he's a wr in college. If he's a 3, it shows the latitude in rankings. He looked like an nfl prospect in person.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Maybe a transfer as a graduate student or a late addition that wasn't eligible by today but will be by the end of May when no letter is needed to enroll at a university

Reaction Score
I agree. Exit 4 & huskymedic did a phenomenal job this year hustling and chasing information. It gave us a fairly good picture of what - with HCRE - is often a cloak & dagger mystery.

Is it different than 2009? I’d say so. Part of that is the more definition that Edsall brought in tech skills. They still evaluate like crazy. I’d say the common themes which may not translate too much to other Programs is our strong lean to see these kids through their experiences in their second Junior semester and playing in the Senior year; particularly on the Line.

I’m excited about this class.

Reaction Score
I agree. Exit 4 & huskymedic did a phenomenal job this year hustling and chasing information. It gave us a fairly good picture of what - with HCRE - is often a cloak & dagger mystery.

I’m excited about this class.
Not so much cloak and dagger as he is not allowed to comment like every other coach. The bigger schools have the same level of coverage by employees on the national sites. The guys on this board do a great job as volunteers scouring for the offers. They have so many more players on the list than Rivals or 24/7 ever show.

Signing day is always exciting. Let's hope it bears fruit in 2 seasons because a lot of these kids will be seeing the field in 2019 based on the current lack of depth. Based on the Rivals raking, Uconn finished at same rank as last year in a pack with 5 other AAC schools in the 80-90 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom