2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 86 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

LOL @ duplicate pictures. Michigan State sniffing around.

Info also on Michigan interest in 2019 AOF QB Phommachanh

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This is kind of out of the blue but I just watched Steven Krajewski's HUDL tapes again and realized another reason why I love his film.

No soundtrack. His highlight reels are old school silent films and I love it. I'm a little torn because I'm a huge Marv Washington believer. Two completely different styles and I'm not sure which I prefer more.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Two more guys we seem to be interested in would be Antoiwne Sims out of Zephyrhills FL and Alan Granville out of Vero Beach FL.

Sims is a former Navy commit who I believed signed a NLI in 2017 and completed a few weeks before leaving the school. Since he has already signed an NLI for another program, I don’t believe he would count towards the 25 player new NLI cap. Sims was a 2000 yard rusher his junior year of HS before ACL surgery his senior year.

Alan Glanville is a 6’2” DB who also played KR, PR and QB. Could be a safety prospect. Sims seems to be a Terry R recruit.

Both claim sub 4,6 speed on HUDL.

Reaction Score
Two more guys we seem to be interested in would be Antoiwne Sims out of Zephyrhills FL and Alan Granville out of Vero Beach FL.

Sims is a former Navy commit who I believed signed a NLI in 2017 and completed a few weeks before leaving the school. Since he has already signed an NLI for another program, I don’t believe he would count towards the 25 player new NLI cap. Sims was a 2000 yard rusher his junior year of HS before ACL surgery his senior year.

Looks like Sims was Navy Prep commit?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like Sims was Navy Prep commit?

Yes, correct. Is that a sub college of Annapolis or not considered a college at all? I suppose I should do my own research.

Reaction Score
Yes, correct. Is that a sub college of Annapolis or not considered a college at all? I suppose I should do my own research.

It’s actually in Newport RI... it’s prep school for Annapolis.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Oh snap. Guess sims would count towards the 25 head cap. I got confused by the signing day he had.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We better not lose this kid as part of the Lashlee exit.

Was Lashlee the lead recruiter on this kid? Would be bummed if it caused us to miss out. This kid looks like he could be special for us and is definitely a lid we could land! Him keeping his OV, as of today, is a good sign

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Was Lashlee the lead recruiter on this kid? Would be bummed if it caused us to miss out. This kid looks like he could be special for us and is definitely a lid we could land! Him keeping his OV, as of today, is a good sign

Don't know for sure. By reading the twitter tea leaves, I think Lashlee was really just involved in recruiting Krajewski of the signed commits this cycle and then he seem to have some involvement in Rayam. The fact Lashlee was so low key this December on the recruiting trail was a bit of an indicator.

EDIT: just remembered that Lashlee took the lead on Connor Parks recruitment which for the moment appears stalled.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
West Point has a preparatory school right next to the campus as well. Do they have two?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
West Point has a preparatory school right next to the campus as well. Do they have two?

Pudge, your boy Terry has become alot more active on the twitter this week. Maybe he was waiting for Lashlee to leave. Tagging more CB/S kids in south FL and an interesting little RB in Texas.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A little off topic, but anyone have a take on Casey Rogers? He's the post grad TE/DE at Avon Old Farms originally from Columbus OH, but did HS in the Syracuse area. He had no reported offers all fall, and then in early December (days ago) he gets a Vanderbilt and Cal offer. The interesting part is that he managed to get scheduled for an Ohio State OV which he is on this weekend and an Alabama OV next week. Neither OSU or Bama have reportedly offered, but both schools are using one of their 56 permitted OVs on him. I find it all a little strange. Nice player, truly effective as both a TE and DE, but also for both OSU and Bama he will be the lowest rated player under 247 rankings that is not a punter/LS/K going back the past 5 years and maybe longer....I got tired of looking. He is rated an 82 under 247, while typically OSU and Bama don't take players below 85...most are 88+. He would be a great addition to UConn and any school - but seems like a stretch for a top 5 program. Guess when he commits to either one we will see the classic and infamous recruiting grade bump.

Update on Casey. Again, no reported offers prior to thanksgiving, now has offers from Cal, Vandy, Temple, Oregon State, Virginia, Nebraska, Indiana and Rutgers. Despite all those riches, per the quotes in a 247 story dated 12/27, I don’t hear any urgency to make a choice and I would bet they will come and go faster than he thinks. That said, it’s pretty clear he is waiting on Alabama or Ohio State to follow through. His dad was apparently a long time Lax coach at Syracuse. Dino Babers must not be happy Syracuse isn’t getting a sniff. If either Bama or OSU take him he would be the lowest regarded non special teams player they have taken in a long time.

So - pretty clear why the staff wasn’t going to waste energy here.

Reaction Score
247 has us leading for Steven Gilmore CB from South Carolina. Haven't seen him mentioned.

Interesting since there is no mention of a UConn offer on his Twitter home page or 247 timeline...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom