2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 85 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting kids starting to use public channels to contact specific programs. DK if I like that our not. I would think back channels would be better. But I'm oldish.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interesting kids starting to use public channels to contact specific programs. DK if I like that our not. I would think back channels would be better. But I'm oldish.

The kids that feel under recruited have really started to pour out since the early signing period past. There are tons of kids that are now actively following any coach they can think of to get attention.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

While it looks a little bit odd to see, I kind of like it. We're a football program that relies on finding diamonds in the rough. Wouldn't it be cool to have one or two diamonds find us? ;)

Reaction Score
LB from Houston Texas - offers from Air Force, Army, Houston Baptist and Sam Houston State:

HUDL #s - 6'1 205lbs OLB/SS 4.5 40 .. recruited by Houston Baptist.... irony of Houston Baptist, they use a variation of our Husky dog as their mascot too...

Reaction Score

I absolutely love that the kids are reaching out! I always tell my HS athletes to reach out to coaches and be proactive in the recruiting process.

I also love that RE told everyone what positions they are still looking for.

Maybe to early for this, but some of these kids reaching out may also be able or willing to be PWO.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So we have seven slots left for new NLIs and based on Edsall's targeted positions per media quotes it looks like we can sketch out the following:

1 . RB = no recent offers are noted. there was some mutual twitter interest with Nuru Tinch (UAB commit that has not signed) and Donte Black.
2. OL = Liam Maloney - still a commit from what is publicly known.
3. OL = Christian Haynes - recent off. (FWIW - dont think Troy Ingle has signed with WKU, GT is poking around).
4. DL = Habakkuk Baldonado - Coastal Carolina commit - seems enthuisiastic about Jan OV with UConn. I think this kid could be better for us than splashy Connor Parks.
5. LB = Jalen Rayem. This kid looks absolutely perfect for Crocker's system. This is the perfect substitute for missing out on Noah Plack,
6. SS = no recent offers. Tyrese Ross out of GA looks like a very good prospect. Nebraska is sniffing. No word if we have any traction here.
7. SS#2 - mystery at this time.

Looking at the twitter activity - no new follows in recent days that give any indication on what we are doing for those two remaining DB slots. I've speculated that Andrew Hardin might be a candidate (picked up a Holy Cross offer yesterday) since Zyskowski and Cox started following him this week. Another prospect Zyskowski started following relatively recently is Christian Arrington, a 6'2'' LB from Mechanicsburg PA. Looks very fluid in his tape, with strong tackling ability and good vision to avoid blockers and get to the ball. To me, I would rather see us take two LBs with these remaining seven slots rather than two DBs.

Chris Arrington (@Franchise____) | Twitter

Cumberland Valley's Chris Arrington Is Starting To Get B1G Interest

And regarding 3 star Safety Tyrese Ross, he looks like a Nebraska / UCF lean.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe to early for this, but some of these kids reaching out may also be able or willing to be PWO.
I am hopeful they really put together a strong walk on pool. I think we could see the staff supplement the RB, TE and Dline positions with walk ons. Kicker too.

Reaction Score
Fur the 100th time ...

I don’t think we know who Richardson is talking to. I think we see 2-4 kids from Florida floated in visits the last 2 Weeks of Jan.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fur the 100th time ...

I don’t think we know who Richardson is talking to. I think we see 2-4 kids from Florida floated in visits the last 2 Weeks of Jan.
No need to repeat yourself if this entire conversation frustrates you as it clearly does. There are many more coaches to follow than the quiet Terry Richardson.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There should be recognition of why Richardson is Assistant Head Coach. He’s great at RB positional coach. But he was the key guy for multiple FL guys 2003-2009. And he will Be again.

You’re the one who can’t track him ... he’s gonna make a good show soon.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There should be recognition of why Richardson is Assistant Head Coach. He’s great at RB positional coach. But he was the key guy for multiple FL guys 2003-2009. And he will Be again.

You’re the one who can’t track him ... he’s gonna make a good show soon.
I just dont get your angle here. Either make postive contributions to this thread or shut the heck up. You continue to post like everyone started watch Uconn football last year. I have been watching since 2003.

Reaction Score
I see you’re the new generation. Thinking you can communicate speculation with ktuck. I’m telling you - without Twitter - we did this 10 years ago.

Florida is different. Terry Richardson - imo - is one of the best guys in the north bringing talent and speed. There will be three stars. More pointedly, these are opportunistic picks. And they happen because coaches in Broward, Dade and other south FL counties trust our guy.

For years, you find out that a kid shows up in Storrs after 1/20 based on a relationship. Not something Richardson will ever broadcast on Twitter.

Reaction Score
UM and FIU reschedule game while another veteran Hurricane leaves the program

No connection here yet, shot in the dark on my part, but it is the offseason so figured I'd post. LB from UM, Darrion Owens graduated and is looking to transfer. We were in on Courtell Jenkins (UM grad transfer) last year before he jumped ship last minute. Maybe we will dip into the grad transfer market again. I think with our roster composition (a whole lot of youth), the fact that we lost a lot of experience at LB, and DO was getting time as a back up on a very good UM Defense, he could be a major asset for our team next year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I see you’re the new generation. Thinking you can communicate speculation with ktuck. I’m telling you - without Twitter - we did this 10 years ago.

Florida is different. Terry Richardson - imo - is one of the best guys in the north bringing talent and speed. There will be three stars. More pointedly, these are opportunistic picks. And they happen because coaches in Broward, Dade and other south FL counties trust our guy.

For years, you find out that a kid shows up in Storrs after 1/20 based on a relationship. Not something Richardson will ever broadcast on Twitter.

We all understand it's speculation. That's what this thread is primarily about: speculating on possible recruiting movement. Nobody is criticizing Richardson. Nobody is trying to be Nostradamus. Not sure why you're getting upset here...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Pudge, I fixed it for you. I guess the older generation doesn't have the courtesy of the younger generation (which presumes I am younger than you which may not be the case actually). This is all you had to say. And Dan is right, who the heck here is disrespecting Terry? Certainly not I or anyone I see here. FWIW - I revisited Terry's twitter and he is tracking a few south FL DBs which all look like corners to me as well as the prized fifth year senior Travon McMillian, from VT. We seem to have people tagged for all but the RB and two remaining DB spots. I've never disagreed that Terry will have more surprises, so not sure why you seem to be in a huff in your posts when reminding us.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We better not lose this kid as part of the Lashlee exit.

Reaction Score
Not upset. And I appreciate Exit 4’s effort.

There’s two things I think you’d learn from HCRE1.0. 1. With Linemen, he’s primarily going to watch their first half dozen Senior HS games. He’s not going to tie up scholarships until that point. And 2. Terry Richardson works differently. You certainly might find his targets through social media. But he has his arms around a bunch of coaches down there. As time comes to this next LOI date ... you’ll see movement. And. I think Edsall planned it this way taking 19 in December.

We’ve speculated all throughout the two Edsall tenures. We used to work hard trying to read tea leaves at Waterford HS to see if Zac Hurd was truly a prospect. I also was wrong 25 other times. Same.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wouldn't worry about it. Even if Lashlee recruited him, he plays D. Still coming on OV
Yes...but southerns like southerns and all that. Coaches don't recruit strictly by position as you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom