2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 74 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
? It’s the last weekend before the new early signing period...
Yeah yeah yeah - just wondering who is coming aside from the few we know. I am hoping we have some surprises.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Reading the twitter tea leaves, several of the coaches are following Nuru Tunch and Donte Black, two Georgia RBs. Check out their HUDL tapes, you won’t be disappointed. No idea if they are coming on secret OVs, one can only hope.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The other part is, Paul Johnson's seat has to be starting to get warm down there.

Kids never factor that into their decisions and I get why, but it's very likely Johnson isn't there very much longer.

Maybe, but I don't see it. This is GT, not Clemson or FSU. PJ in 10seasons has 75 wins, 8 bowl games, 4 div championships, 2 orange bowls. I agree the last 3 years have not lived up to prior 7, but last year (16) they were 9-4.

I don't like the O they run, but I really don't see them making a change unless the wheels come off

Reaction Score
Maybe, but I don't see it. This is GT, not Clemson or FSU. PJ in 10seasons has 75 wins, 8 bowl games, 4 div championships, 2 orange bowls. I agree the last 3 years have not lived up to prior 7, but last year (16) they were 9-4.

I don't like the O they run, but I really don't see them making a change unless the wheels come off
That is better than I thought.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This kid visited last spring as I recall. Buffalo 3 star RB opts to stay home - University at Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Why haven't we shown any interest in this kid?

Sometimes you reach out to a kid and they make it clear they are not interested in you. Not saying that happened here, but I know of some highly recruited CT kids who wanted out of CT and no part of UConn.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reading the twitter tea leaves, several of the coaches are following Nuru Tunch and Donte Black, two Georgia RBs. Check out their HUDL tapes, you won’t be disappointed. No idea if they are coming on secret OVs, one can only hope.

Rivals has Nuru Tinch listed as a UAB commit at this point, but maybe we are doing some last-minute poaching there? 5.4RR for him and 3-star 5.5RR for Dante Black. Both look like they could be very nice RB options...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sometimes you reach out to a kid and they make it clear they are not interested in you. Not saying that happened here, but I know of some highly recruited CT kids who wanted out of CT and no part of UConn.
Yeah, I think that is happened with guys like Bothroyd and Casey Rogers. You reach out, you talk to their HS coach and you get some pretty clear feedback sometimes. Got to invest the time in kids that you have a shot at rather than spin the wheels.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Anderson Hardy is a 6-6 260lb OL/DE from Sanderson High School in Raleigh North Carolina. Other offers from AppState, Bucknell, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, ECU, Georgetown, ODU and WKU.

Twitter account indicates he's now an Appalachian State commit

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Take another one off the board. Corey Thomas, nice looking TE from VA who did a JUCO year at ASA in Brooklyn has committed to VT and will enroll in January. He visited UConn this fall and the staff visited ASA again a couple weeks ago.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
020.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads