2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 76 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The know DL prospects we have either offered or kicked the tires on that remain uncommitted: Its likely we are taking just two more.
  • Metz <--well known situation
  • Shaw <--mystery man playing in a TX state final game this week
  • Kromah <--did he visit? had 27 sacks in senior year. seems like exactly the guy to replace Mimes.
  • Connors <--met with Lashlee, nothing more has come from it.
  • Sanders <--does he have a leader?

And some others maybe we should be considering:
I never view guys that are tweeners at DE/TE/OT as a defensive guy... History has shown we haven't either .. They've all gone to OL or TE...

here's hoping a combo of any of the true DEs commit... I figure we need 2 (DE is one of our thinnest positions, along with RB)...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I never view guys that are tweeners at DE/TE/OT as a defensive guy... History has shown we haven't either .. They've all gone to OL or TE...

here's hoping a combo of any of the true DEs commit... I figure we need 2 (DE is one of our thinnest positions, along with RB)...

But when I look around the landscape, it seems that there are a lot of good looking RBs. The RB position might be one of the easier to fill. DT and DEs is a toughy.

Reaction Score
@noeynox - is this what you were trying to post?

Jon Maloy Burkett is a 6-6 276lb (6-7 wingspan) T/G from White County High School in Cleveland Georgia. Has a PWO offer from Liberty.

Highlights

From RecruitGeorgia.com:

>>Burkett was very raw a year ago but spent the offseason working with a lineman speciliast. First most obvious sign of improvement is how active his hands are – he is getting much better leverage on his opponent now. He is firing off the ball pretty well, and has just completely changed his mindset out there on the field. He is a lot more aggressive that is for sure. Obviously his upside is pretty good, and he’s working hard to continue his progress. Very impressive senior year, he has been consistent every game, against all competition. He is also showing a ton more leg drive, getting on his toes and driving the lineman out of the play.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if the staff can keep Noah Plack-Tallerico from signing up on his Delaware commitment on 12/20. That kid looks awesome as either a TE or OLB, but I would go with OLB given his less than ideal stature for TE.

Need to get him up here in January.

Anyways, the offense and defense can fight over him.

Reaction Score
Medic,
Why does Troy Ingle keep showing as offer? Still a WKU commit? Still a possibility ( which until signing day is so, I realize)? Is he waivering?

Reaction Score
Medic,
Why does Troy Ingle keep showing as offer? Still a WKU commit? Still a possibility ( which until signing day is so, I realize)? Is he waivering?

That's why he has a different color. He was offered by UConn while a WKU commit, so in the past - I've kept this "category" of players separate until they sign an NLI somewhere. He is waivering as he is taking official visits to other schools - not sure how much UConn is still in the picture (his or UConn's)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
As for Connor Parks, it’s been weird for weeks now the way he is campaigning for himself on twitter.

I've taken myself off of Twitter so I haven't been following it. But 247 has Southern Miss listed as a favorite with UConn and Syracuse being listed as "warm". I wonder what info out there is resulting in the Southern Miss lean? Hopefully we can swoop in and get both him and Kromah on the DE spots...

Reaction Score
Our primary competition for Kromah seems to be Rutgers, with possibly Navy as well. Rivals lists him as having visited Rutgers on 12/8 and UConn on 12/15. It would be really nice to land him, since this is an area of need for us...

Hoping that the Mimes commit to Rutgers yesterday, Rutgers decent depth at DE, and the fact that they have 25 commits so far has cooled Rutgers pursuit of Kromah. It would be a nice get for UConn

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've taken myself off of Twitter so I haven't been following it. But 247 has Southern Miss listed as a favorite with UConn and Syracuse being listed as "warm". I wonder what info out there is resulting in the Southern Miss lean? Hopefully we can swoop in and get both him and Kromah on the DE spots...
Can’t really describe Parks’ twitter, log on and see for yourself. He is a young man very openly disappointed that he doesn’t have more P5 interest. He also indicates he wants to get a Florida P5 offer.

Reaction Score
Can’t really describe Parks’ twitter, log on and see for yourself. He is a young man very openly disappointed that he doesn’t have more P5 interest. He also indicates he wants to get a Florida P5 offer.
He'd be a perfect recruit for us, the kind that Edsall fuels that chip on his shoulder with... a tone setter type...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Guess this will bump DH to 2019 offers after February:

That is a bummer - but the tea leaves had given us some warning of this situation. TJ Gardner and Kevon Jones better be ready.

Kevon Jones was initial talked about as a SS/LB hybrid, but I think his senior tape shows he could play pure MLB. His senior season is all MLB on D (RB on offense). Reportedly now 6'3'' and 230lbs.

Senior Finale

Reaction Score
Our primary competition for Kromah seems to be Rutgers, with possibly Navy as well. Rivals lists him as having visited Rutgers on 12/8 and UConn on 12/15. It would be really nice to land him, since this is an area of need for us...

Is there any confirmation that Kromah visited UConn last weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom