2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 71 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A little off topic, but anyone have a take on Casey Rogers? He's the post grad TE/DE at Avon Old Farms originally from Columbus OH, but did HS in the Syracuse area. He had no reported offers all fall, and then in early December (days ago) he gets a Vanderbilt and Cal offer. The interesting part is that he managed to get scheduled for an Ohio State OV which he is on this weekend and an Alabama OV next week. Neither OSU or Bama have reportedly offered, but both schools are using one of their 56 permitted OVs on him. I find it all a little strange. Nice player, truly effective as both a TE and DE, but also for both OSU and Bama he will be the lowest rated player under 247 rankings that is not a punter/LS/K going back the past 5 years and maybe longer....I got tired of looking. He is rated an 82 under 247, while typically OSU and Bama don't take players below 85...most are 88+. He would be a great addition to UConn and any school - but seems like a stretch for a top 5 program. Guess when he commits to either one we will see the classic and infamous recruiting grade bump.

Reaction Score
A little off topic, but anyone have a take on Casey Rogers? He's the post grad TE/DE at Avon Old Farms originally from Columbus OH, but did HS in the Syracuse area. He had no reported offers all fall, and then in early December (days ago) he gets a Vanderbilt and Cal offer. The interesting part is that he managed to get scheduled for an Ohio State OV which he is on this weekend and an Alabama OV next week. Neither OSU or Bama have reportedly offered, but both schools are using one of their 56 permitted OVs on him. I find it all a little strange. Nice player, truly effective as both a TE and DE, but also for both OSU and Bama he will be the lowest rated player under 247 rankings that is not a punter/LS/K going back the past 5 years and maybe longer....I got tired of looking. He is rated an 82 under 247, while typically OSU and Bama don't take players below 85...most are 88+. He would be a great addition to UConn and any school - but seems like a stretch for a top 5 program. Guess when he commits to either one we will see the classic and infamous recruiting grade bump.
Real talk, we need him more than any of those schools. He'd have a chance to create his own legacy here. Eds all doesn't have too bad of a track record of helping kids making that a reality in the playing careers.

Reaction Score

I put him in the “Things that make you wonder why bucket” w/ Ragaini - very strange and understated recruiting process for the seeming talent level.

Reaction Score
I put him in the “Things that make you wonder why bucket” w/ Ragaini - very strange and understated recruiting process for the seeming talent level.
The Ragaini recruitment is so strange. He should be a priority for UConn and it looks like we didn't even offer.

Reaction Score
The Ragaini recruitment is so strange. He should be a priority for UConn and it looks like we didn't even offer.

Just talked to family member about him. He has first hand knowledge as he is a coach for Choate and played him in a bowl game. Said he is perplexed how Ragaini doesn't any have offers and especially one from UConn. Said he was easily the best athlete on the field for both teams. Showed grit and hustle the entire game despite getting beat by 20. Said he could run circles around his DBs which yes includes a commit of ours. Said that all the coaches from other teams he talks to talk about Nico being their best player. And that is with T pho, Rogers and Wilson on that team. He did say T pho was legit too though. But we need this kid. He said he would easily play all special teams from day one and be one of the best athletes out there. Perfect slot receiver ala Nick Williams.

Reaction Score
Just talked to family member about him. He has first hand knowledge as he is a coach for Choate and played him in a bowl game. Said he is perplexed how Ragaini doesn't any have offers and especially one from UConn. Said he was easily the best athlete on the field for both teams. Showed grit and hustle the entire game despite getting beat by 20. Said he could run circles around his DBs which yes includes a commit of ours. Said that all the coaches from other teams he talks to talk about Nico being their best player. And that is with T pho, Rogers and Wilson on that team. He did say T pho was legit too though. But we need this kid. He said he would easily play all special teams from day one and be one of the best athletes out there. Perfect slot receiver ala Nick Williams.
I don't get it. The kid is unreal. Someone needs to tweet at Corey Edsall or something. Do we know which assistant recruits CT? @huskymedic

Reaction Score
I don't get it. The kid is unreal. Someone needs to tweet at Corey Edsall or something. Do we know which assistant recruits CT? @huskymedic

They know about him and with the other talent on that team that have high level offers, so do other coaches/programs. It’s not like there isn’t a plethora of evaluators @ AOF games over the course of a season or that AOF is an unknown entity.

That’s why I said he fits into the “Things that make you wonder why” bucket.

P.S. His dad played baseball @ UConn in the early 90’s for Andy Baylock.

Reaction Score
Storrs-Mansfield native Rondell Bothroyd decommits from Temple >> headed to Wake Forest.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm delighted about the Bothroyd decommit. I was not looking to hearing a 1 minute segment about the kid from EO Smith opting for Temple over UConn for every TV telecast over the next 4 to 5 years.

Btw Rivals refreshed their recruiting rankings within each state withing the last couple days. I looked at the states with AAC teams + GA, SC, CA, IL and IN. Of the AAC schools, it seemed Temple had the most kids noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom