2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 67 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's awesome. Temple is a fun place to go to school. Used to date someone there and loved the environment...we know you're a husky at heart, don't worry :D

So’s he... he grew up tailgating in the back of my Suburban on the top of the parking garage @ Memorial and he’s been to every bowl game, Pitt, ND and Michigan roadies among others.

He fell in love w/ their respected Sports Management program.

Reaction Score
My friend who's an asst coach at the Pub said UConn has offered RB Lavarey Banton a PWO. And that BC is coming next week to talk to him

Reaction Score
My friend who's an asst coach at the Pub said UConn has offered RB Lavarey Banton a PWO. And that BC is coming next week to talk to him

From what I heard BC may not have “room” left in the class (unless they know they lost someone):

Banton highlights:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
From what I heard BC may not have “room” left in the class (unless they know they lost someone):

Banton highlights:

Interesting player. Doesn't shy from contact. Prototypical RB frame. He is an ideal PWO and would allow us to manager our roster so that we take just one more scholarship RB this winter (hello Georgia RBs). I hope we can make it work for everyone.

Reaction Score
Trickle down effect (but all the potential assistant coach movement as a result can have a detrimental effect)

Reaction Score

Johnathon Huggins is a 6-2 200lb Safety/WR from Pine Ridge High School, Deltona Florida. Other offers from App St, Colorado St, Coastal Carolina, ECU, FAU, FSU, Georgia Southern, Georgia St, Liberty, Marshall, Mercer, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Purdue, Southeastern College, Southern Miss, Stony Brook, Temple, Toledo, Tulane, UCF, UMass and USF, VaTech, Wake Forest, WKY, Coastal Carolina, Mercer

Junior Year Highlights

Josh Newberg‏ @joshnewberg247 4m 4 minutes ago
DB John Huggins informs me he has committed to FSU.

Decommitted from FSU yesterday...

Reaction Score
I don't think this has been previously posted, but Chris Mitchell - DB from CA is noted as taking an OV with UConn on 12/15.

SoCal DB Chris Mitchell Will Visit Colorado State and Connecticut, Talking With Several Others

"I have official visits set up to Colorado State (Dec. 8) and Connecticut (Dec. 15). I'm also talking with San Diego State, they came to one of my games this season and they offered back in May. Oregon State liked my tape and I'm going to schedule a time to speak with them as well and hopefully they offer."

Guess he moved his CSU visit up...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Myjai Sanders - methinks Coach D-Dot made an incomplete tweet and then deleted it.

That WOULD be a big get indeed. The kid has offers from Ole Miss, Miss St., Va Tech, Rutgers, USF, Cincy, Maryland, Illinois, UCF, and a handful of others.

3-star DE from Jacksonville, FL...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I see Lorentz Metz is active with OVs. Visited Cincy this weekend, also took visits to Central Michigan and Umass thus far.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Anderson Hardy is a 6-6 260lb OL/DE from Sanderson High School in Raleigh North Carolina. Other offers from AppState, Bucknell, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, ECU, Georgetown, ODU and WKU.

Great feet and get off as an OT... Obviously a tad bigger than his opponents, but this kid drives defenders downfield and will hit you. Love him... Clearly an OL recruit... we still need DL help to go along with the kids that already verballed though....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've edited this post now that I had a moment to watch the film to see that Hardy is an OL recruit rather than Dline.

Quick list of known current Dline offers.

Recent DL offers:
Daley - took an OV, HCRE visited his school last week
Uguak - scheduled to take an OV 12/8, HCRE visited him last week
Mimes - scheduled to take an OV 12/8
Metz - no scheduled visit yet - has visited Cincy/CMU/Umass
Sanders - wildcard (speedy DE would be a huge get)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting that we are still making DL offers as they don't think we have room for more than 3.

Recent DL offers:
We need Sanders (speed key word here) and any combo of Daley/Mimes, Daley/Uguak... we get all 4 it'd be a major coup

Reaction Score
Interesting that we are still making DL offers as they don't think we have room for more than 3.

Recent DL offers:

I’m not sure who “they” above is. There are things happening w/ roster management that I’m sure haven’t surfaced yet.

There is a chance that Metz is here this coming weekend I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom