2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 65 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its tough to see that Devon Matthews plans to visit Indiana and Cincy (I think I have that right - its a guess on my part) and to see that he also retweeted a bunch of Cincy tweets along with retweeted our guy Robinson. Anyway, the UConn-Cincy loser bowl maybe a battle for the services of one Devon Matthews.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So dialing the roster turn over to the max possible and working with names linked to Uconn recruiting; Nine guys to really boost our roster going forward would be;

1. Mimes at DL (between us and rutty perhaps)
2. Daley at DL
3. One of those Georgia RBs cited by TOS
4. Matthews at S (has many suitors)
5. Lucian at CB
6. Metz at DL
7. Corey Thomas or Brayden Willis at TE
8. Dequan Jackson at LB (still hoping for a late Marvin Washington like push on this kid)
9. An RB - maybe MacDuffie or surprise

Another name to watch is Uguak in Edmonton, but he might be a Fresno St lean.

As for grad transfers, well I would kick the tires on most positions, but the one position I really would want to limit the grad route too is DL. I don’t want to be losing out on four or five year guys for a one year guy considering all our roster needs at most other positions. There are always exceptions however.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not because of a couple missed kicks, but we need to sign a kicker. Most teams do every other year. What's the latest on Michael Aresco from Middletown HS? Nephew?

Reaction Score
If the staff is not in on Nico Ragaini, they absolutely need to be. He was tremendous in high school and even better at Avon Old Farms. He catches everything with his hands, has track speed, can make guys miss, and is as tough as they come. I love the attitude and physicality he plays with, as well. He’s a Julian Edelman-type WR. IMO, he’s better then any WR on our current roster, including Hergy. He also has versatility having played QB and RB in high school. 1st team All State in football, lacrosse, and indoor track.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If the staff is not in on Nico Ragani, they absolutely need to be. He was tremendous in high school and even better at Avon Old Farms. He catches everything with his hands, has track speed, can make guys miss, and is as tough as they come. I love the attitude and physicality he plays with, as well. He’s a Julian Edelman-type WR. IMO, he’s better then any WR on our current roster, including Hergy. He also has versatility having played QB and RB in high school. 1st team All State in football, lacrosse, and indoor track.

Unfortunately I just think we are out of space for what the staff thinks we need this year. If they could get him to walk on and wait for a scholarship next spring it could work out...or if we strike out on everyone we have above him on the board right now (see last 10 - 12 known offers + we know we need to make RB offers) then maybe.

For WR, Jeffreys has a pretty special senior tape as a 6'4'' guy that can juke and accelerate. Everyone should check it out.
Robinson plays tall and has reaching ability and Maurisseau - well I don't know about him, but he camped here I believe. Also, Morrison looks pretty good too as a switch to WR rather than DB if they go that route.

Nico might have to take the Kyle Buss route to D1. Not saying its fair or wise.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I just think we are out of space for what the staff thinks we need this year. If they could get him to walk on and wait for a scholarship next spring it could work out...or if we strike out on everyone we have above him on the board right now (see last 10 - 12 known offers + we know we need to make RB offers) then maybe.

For WR, Jeffreys has a pretty special senior tape as a 6'4'' guy that can juke and accelerate. Everyone should check it out.
Robinson plays tall and has reaching ability and Maurisseau - well I don't know about him, but he camped here I believe. Also, Morrison looks pretty good too as a switch to WR rather than DB if they go that route.

Nico might have to take the Kyle Buss route to D1. Not saying its fair or wise.
Nico is better than all of the kids we've signed thus far. He's going to light it up wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
Jacksonville Florida LB Dequan Jackson taking official visits to Colorado State followed by USF and Memphis the next few weeks...

Reaction Score
Not in the article I read...
I take we offered him then? But he's not really interested in us... (just a guy on the list that we offered but realistically don't have a shot at)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I take we offered him then? But he's not really interested in us... (just a guy on the list that we offered but realistically don't have a shot at)

Apparently that is indeed the situation. After watching Kevon Jones' senior tape - I'm less worried we need another LB this class. Jones/Webb/Harris/TJ Gardner and Eli Thomas look pretty capable on film as new guys to support Sterling/Britton/Hahn/Beavers/Gilmartin. I still would take on Jackson, but we can use that slot elsewhere too.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We absolutely need to land Daley. Does the young man know that he'll likely get playing time right away at UConn? Become part of the Dog Pound!
Yes - you want this to result in a bat signal later this week. He's done the OV and now he's got the HC at home visit. :) The kid would be an early player for the 2018 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom