2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 44 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So this time last year, we had 6 commits, with the 7th (Omar Fortt) coming in early August.

It's definitely a positive sign that Edsall 2.0 is getting ahead of the ball before the season even starts

Posted this yesterday on the main Football Forum (updated for today):

A year ago today (7/29/16) - UConn had made known offers to 79 student athletes for the Class of 2017. UConn had 7 commits, 37 players had committed to other schools and there were 35 offers still outstanding.

As of today (7/29/17) - UConn has made known offers to 145 student athletes for the Class of 2018. UConn has 13 commits, 79 players have committed to other schools (overwhelmingly P5) and there are 53 offers still outstanding.

This does not include the recruiting/offers made to JUCO players or others who would be 2017 commits retrospectively (for example Mensah, Sterling and Buss) nor the recruiting/offers this staff had made to student athletes for the 2019 or 2020 classes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This Eli Thomas kid can do it all, quick twitch reflexes as both an RB or LB. And he can return punts too - for TDs! Lots to like here for offense or defense. Let's get this kid. I see he visited Syracuse - but apparently no offer yet.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This Eli Thomas kid can do it all, quick twitch reflexes as both an RB or LB. And he can return punts too - for TDs! Lots to like here for offense or defense. Let's get this kid. I see he visited Syracuse - but apparently no offer yet.

And if we pull in Thomas, coupled with Chaney and Buss - we will have found some explosive gems hiding in upstate NY. These are the kinds of kids that turn into Reggie McClains, Andrews Adams and Robbie Frey type difference makers.

Reaction Score

>>“Right now I have definitely have UConn at the top. I loved the facilities. I’m going to go up and see the campus again in about a week, also the coaches are great. "They like me, they have a couple linebackers leaving. I can be a guy who can come in and make an immediate impact. I would go in the spring and compete for a starting spot. <<

>>"I’m not going to commit anywhere until after the season. I’m looking for a competitive school, and one that is eager to win. I also want to be a part of a program that prepares you for the next level as well as life after football,” said Thomas. Thomas will have two years of eligibility after graduating from Lackawanna for whichever school he ends up with.<<

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Posted this yesterday on the main Football Forum (updated for today):

A year ago today (7/29/16) - UConn had made known offers to 79 student athletes for the Class of 2017. UConn had 7 commits, 37 players had committed to other schools and there were 35 offers still outstanding.

As of today (7/29/17) - UConn has made known offers to 145 student athletes for the Class of 2018. UConn has 13 commits, 79 players have committed to other schools (overwhelmingly P5) and there are 53 offers still outstanding.

This does not include the recruiting/offers made to JUCO players or others who would be 2017 commits retrospectively (for example Mensah, Sterling and Buss) nor the recruiting/offers this staff had made to student athletes for the 2019 or 2020 classes.

While it is certainly nice to feel about the direction of the program, I am curious to see how much the numbers, particularly "commitments" are due to the early signing period. The numbers of commitments appear to be up across the board.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think we will recruit to the full 25 slot limit this year...no matter what the roster projections say we have room for going into January. Strategically, it would seem to me that you would want to leave approx 5 slots open for December and January in order to have a chance at those late bloomers and kids that suddenly reopen recruiting when there is a coach change. Randy 2.0 did a great job pulling in Pindell, Washington and others in those last 4 weeks of the cycle.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
finally got around to watching Malik Banks' HUDL film.

Wow. Kid is going to be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog