2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 43 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Doing some digging on Shamel I found his main recruiter for Purdue was former coach Poindexter. Medic, was Shamel an offer from the old "coach" or did Dex and our guys both find this young man recently?

Shamel Lazarus, Erasmus Hall, Cornerback

edit: the "coach" part is in reference to table leg, not coach Poindexter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Doing some digging on Shamel I found his main recruiter for Purdue was former coach Poindexter. Medic, was Shamel an offer from the old "coach" or did Dex and our guys both find this young man recently?

Shamel Lazarus, Erasmus Hall, Cornerback

edit: the "coach" part is in reference to table leg, not coach Poindexter.

Yup - that was back in this thread a bit ago but he was offered by the current staff after Junior Day and Camp visits - this was Jon Wholley NYC connections.

Reaction Score
Just a couple of observations during the recruiting season as seen thru Rivals rankings
1, It is nice to be 79th ans we were in the low 100's the previous 3-5 years
2 Notice how many (7) of our recruits are rated 5.4 just below the three star level. Several were ranked AFTER they committed to UCONN. Did they lose in the ranking because they committed to UCONN?

Reaction Score
Just a couple of observations during the recruiting season as seen thru Rivals rankings
2 Notice how many (7) of our recruits are rated 5.4 just below the three star level. Several were ranked AFTER they committed to UCONN. Did they lose in the ranking because they committed to UCONN?

Likely so. Look what happened to the 4* QB right after his Princeton commitment. P5 bias.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Feels familiar, doesn't it?

Reaction Score

Who specifically?

A bunch didn't even have profiles (or in databases) when they committed (some still don't on 247).

Reaction Score
Who specifically?

A bunch didn't even have profiles (or in databases) when they committed (some still don't on 247).
I'm referring to those rated after the commitment. Were their ratings inhibited because they are committed to UCONN us what I was questioning

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

His Dad enjoyed the visit too:

George Krajewski‏ @GKrajewski483
2:13 PM - 29 Jul 2017 from Moultrie, GA
Can't thank the coaches enough for a great visit. Looking forward to this season and hoping to catch a game. @rhettlashlee @RecruitGeorgia
sample.jpg

Reaction Score
Also...

Our biggest competition for Krajewski (Cuse) may have cooled down on him. Apparently Cuse didn't push for a commitment and Babers didn't even meet with him during his visit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also...

Our biggest competition for Krajewski (Cuse) may have cooled down on him. It was reported that Cuse didn't push for a commitment and Babers didn't even meet with him during his visit.

Curious where you saw that about the meeting?

From a Cuse article on Wednesday posted above:
>>He and his father met with head coach Dino Babers for about 10 minutes early in the visit. They had a meeting scheduled for the end of the visit, but Babers' had a conflict come up and the Krajewskis needed to leave for UConn.<<

Reaction Score
I stalked CuseFan board a little. (I know..I know...I'm disgusted with myself too.)

Stephen Bailey
‏Verified account @Stephen_Bailey1 3m3 minutes ago
Caught up with Krajewski this afternoon. He enjoyed his time in Syracuse & plans to return for an OV. Neither party pushed for a commitment.

Then someone posted about Babers not meeting with him (again).

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
So this time last year, we had 6 commits, with the 7th (Omar Fortt) coming in early August.

It's definitely a positive sign that Edsall 2.0 is getting ahead of the ball before the season even starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom