2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 42 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Michigan back in CT - Luke Schoonmaker - TE/QB from Hamden Hall Country Day School (transferred in from Xavier HS Middletown).

Steve Lorenz‏ @TremendousUM 4m 4 minutes ago
BREAKING: #Michigan picks up surprise commitment from Hamden (CT) 2018 three-star TE Luke Schoonmaker.

247 reports he has a UConn offer - no clue when he got it or from which staff. Other offers from ECU, Indiana, Miami-Ohio, Navy, Rutgers, Temple, Toledo and UMass). Completely off my radar (and others it appears). There is not a mention of him on this board anywhere.

Hello: Luke Schoonmaker | mgoblog
>>He's flown almost entirely under the radar; two of the four recruiting sites don't have profiles for him, and the other two have one article and zero scouting reports between them. He's apparently held his Michigan offer since participating in last month's Sacred Heart satellite camp.<<

Last edited:

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Michigan back in CT - Luke Schoonmaker - TE/QB from Hamden Hall Country Day School (transferred in from Xavier HS Middletown).

BREAKING: #Michigan picks up surprise commitment from Hamden (CT) 2018 three-star TE Luke Schoonmaker.

247 reports he had a UConn offer (along w/ ECU, Indiana, Miami-Ohio, Navy, Rutgers, Temple, Toledo and UMass). Completely off my radar.

Surprise to MGOBLOG as well. Hello: Luke Schoonmaker | mgoblog
>>He's flown almost entirely under the radar; two of the four recruiting sites don't have profiles for him, and the other two have one article and zero scouting reports between them. He's apparently held his Michigan offer since participating in last month's Sacred Heart satellite camp.<<

interesting, the kid is kind of an enigma, played almost exclusively QB last year but did have a handful of snaps a game at TE. I'm surprised that we haven't heard much about this kid especially considering his offer sheet but good on those coaching staffs finding him and seeing his potential.

Reaction Score
interesting, the kid is kind of an enigma, played almost exclusively QB last year but did have a handful of snaps a game at TE. I'm surprised that we haven't heard much about this kid especially considering his offer sheet but good on those coaching staffs finding him and seeing his potential.

Corey Edsall, Lashlee, Wholley and Aaron Smith all were following him on Twitter so the offer was likely there... just can't believe he didn't pop up somewhere (though he does have a limited social media footprint). Looks like Don Brown had a hand in his recruitment.

Reaction Score

Steven Krajewsk is a 6-4 205lb QB from Colquitt County High School in Moultrie, Georgia. Other offers from FAU, Georgia St, Marshall, Mercer and Syracuse. Highlight/Article from initial post back in May.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The truth squarely hits you between the eyes.

Luke Schoonmaker is a phenomenal teen football player. Athletic specimen. Like Byron Jones at St Paul's. But we label this under the radar.

It's not. There is next to zero coverage of New England kids. But Michigan ...

Reaction Score
I believe the kid was at Xavier but couldnt beat out Will Nevis, due to an injury

Levis... and Schoonmaker was out for a while w/ a spleen injury. Heck @ one point a few seasons ago both Levis and Schoonmaker were out w/ injuries.

Reaction Score

But no "#ImpaCT18" so who knows...

Corey had one up #ImpaCT18 wonder if it's the same!?!

Corey Edsall‏ @CoachCEdsall
BOOM!!!! #ImpaCT18
4:05 PM - 26 Jul 2017 from Connecticut, USA
020.jpg

Reaction Score
Huge get! Wow!
This is THEE guy I wanted. Probably because I saw him play last year in person. He's got quick feet for such a huge kid. Wasn't watching his technique, just how athletic he was. Never dreamed of landing him. Now we have to keep Harbaugh away from here!

Reaction Score
This is THEE guy I wanted. Probably because I saw him play last year in person. He's got quick feet for such a huge kid. Wasn't watching his technique, just how athletic he was. Never dreamed of landing him. Now we have to keep Harbaugh away from here!

When I saw him pick up the Pitt offer last week I was like "damn"... glad he (and Mom) decided to stay home.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I appreciate all the commits we have, but Travis has the chance to be a difference maker. This is huge. Now let's hope some of the other big beefers follow suit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Now for the trifecta, add Josh Jefferson as our next center and Lovell to round out a new interior line. Then get one more OT in December from prep school.

Reaction Score
This is awesome! First, Edsall got Jay Rose to come back to UConn, then he gets Dillon Harris and Kevon Jones, and now Travis Jones! Can't wait to see who else we can get. I like that we've kept Boston College and Syracuse out of our state so far too.

Reaction Score

247 reports he has a UConn offer - no clue when he got it or from which staff. Other offers from ECU, Indiana, Miami-Ohio, Navy, Rutgers, Temple, Toledo and UMass). Completely off my radar (and others it appears). There is not a mention of him on this board anywhere.

Hello: Luke Schoonmaker | mgoblog

Corey Edsall, Lashlee, Wholley and Aaron Smith all were following him on Twitter so the offer was likely there... just can't believe he didn't pop up somewhere (though he does have a limited social media footprint). Looks like Don Brown had a hand in his recruitment.

Don Brown confirmation: Football: Hamden Hall's Luke Schoonmaker makes verbal commitment to Michigan (UPDATED)

>>The deal with Michigan came together rather quickly. It began on May 1 when Hamden Hall coach Joe Linta sent a text message to an old colleague, Michigan defensive coordinator Don Brown.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom