2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 40 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Official visit on Thursday (6/13)

MathiasTorpPPI‏ @MathiasHT 20m 20 minutes ago
@StorrsCentral @UConnFootball @UConnRecruiting @UConnFootball is hosting another European with @PPIRecruits #PPIntl

www.ppirecruits.com/welschof-UConn

Julius Welschof is a 6-6 250lb DE/TE from Munich, Germany. Offers from EMU, ODU, Rutgers, Temple, Towson, UCF, and UMass. Class of 2018 (but there is a story out there that says he is technically available for 2017)

Story on Michigan Camp visit (includes info on offered Zavier Scott as well).

Premier Players INTL‏ @PPIRecruits 19m 19 minutes ago
Congrats @JuliusWelschof on earning another scholarship to UConn!! Biggest Defensive Steal of the 2018 Class!!

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I want this kid @ UConn...

im surprised, I watched his tape and I gotta be honest I was unimpressed. hes got great speed but on all the tape i've seen when hes "speed rushing" he is lined up insanely far outside and coming in on a hard angle that puts him way to far up field and past any Qbs drop depth basically running himself out of the play. any O-linemen with a brain is gonna ride him up field and allow the Qb to step up into a wide open throwing lane. until I see some tape on him lined up in a true DE position and use his feet/hand/quickness/moves to beat him and still be in a position to make a play on the QB I will temper my excitement about is speed.

Reaction Score
im surprised, I watched his tape and I gotta be honest I was unimpressed. hes got great speed but on all the tape i've seen when hes "speed rushing" he is lined up insanely far outside and coming in on a hard angle that puts him way to far up field and past any Qbs drop depth basically running himself out of the play. any O-linemen with a brain is gonna ride him up field and allow the Qb to step up into a wide open throwing lane. until I see some tape on him lined up in a true DE position and use his feet/hand/quickness/moves to beat him and still be in a position to make a play on the QB I will temper my excitement about is speed.

Each his own. Read the bio and articles out there. He's raw, still growing and has impressed @ each camp he's been at. He needs solid coaching/training and better competition. Exactly the type of kid we should take a chance on.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Each his own. Read the bio and articles out there. He's raw, still growing and has impressed @ each camp he's been at. He needs solid coaching/training and better competition. Exactly the type of kid we should take a chance on.

I dont disagree hes got potential for sure its just we've been down the "hes got raw ability we can refine" rd before. i know we need talent and HCRE is renowned for his ability to develop players im just not sold. i will gladly eat crow though if we land him and he turns out to be a stud.

Reaction Score
1:00p today (Zavier's Birthday)

As noted earlier - he may come in as a 2017 or 2018 recruit.

Always assumed this young man would be in a Fall camp this year and not next. And, with that said, here's praying it's good news for us up in Storrs CT....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
1:00p today (Zavier's Birthday)

As noted earlier - he may come in as a 2017 or 2018 recruit.

As a 2017 kid that would be really cool. I don't expect him to play this year, but it sure would be nice for him to have a head start on 2018.

Reaction Score
Always assumed this young man would be in a Fall camp this year and not next. And, with that said, here's praying it's good news for us up in Storrs CT....
As a 2017 kid that would be really cool. I don't expect him to play this year, but it sure would be nice for him to have a head start on 2018.

Zavier Scott just committed to UConn as what appears to be a 2017 Commit.

Reaction Score
Like the young men who have committed. UConn needs some beef to go along with the skill guys, especially on the O line. Step right up and get your scolly big guys. Huskie pride!

Reaction Score
Am I crazy or does it seem like we are hitting NY harder than we ever have? Both the NYC area and upstate.

Reaction Score
Am I crazy or does it seem like we are hitting NY harder than we ever have? Both the NYC area and upstate.

Wholley, Crocker, Smith... w/ new staff - new relationships/targeted schools. Learning names of new high schools everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom