2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 46 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great job. Unfortunately we are not really ranked 4th however. There is something still wrong with their cumulative calculation of talent to generate composite team rankings. For example, when you open the class calculator tool which gives you recruiting scores by player you see our total points are sub 80 (not 140+) which puts us with the bottom three schools. They also have Travis Jones as a 5 star when viewed through the team ranking page.
Anyways, its good to see that at least the right players are now named to our school.

My point above on data disconnect...

Reaction Score
I've been sending a daily email update of commits to Bart, Wilfong, Alex G and 247Recruiting. Appears we have a breakthrough! They still have a done data disconnect btwn pages/sites but that may be due to the migration of the Scout database w/ the 247 database. UConn is now ranked @ 52 nationally!

2018 AAC Football Team Rankings
Thanks for your perseverance with this Medic...details still to be ironed out on their side, but now national college football fans and more importantly, potential recruits, will see what's really happening in Storrs under RE 2.0!

Reaction Score
Thanks for your perseverance with this Medic...details still to be ironed out on their side, but now national college football fans and more importantly, potential recruits, will see what's really happening in Storrs under RE 2.0!

At least they have Ryan Van Demark with his right class now...

Reaction Score
Corey threw us a knuckleball last night. Timing of his HuskySignal gave us hope for a 15th. ... With that, I'm predicting a JC linebacker next, who may have a former teammate currently playing for UCONN

With both Randy/Corey sending out a tweet - I believe they have a 15th. Just not public yet.

Now...being a 19/20 y/o, he can change his mind w/ a moments notice but Thomas told Rivals this yesterday;

>>"I’m not going to commit anywhere until after the season. I’m looking for a competitive school, and one that is eager to win. I also want to be a part of a program that prepares you for the next level as well as life after football,” said Thomas. Thomas will have two years of eligibility after graduating from Lackawanna for whichever school he ends up with.<<

Reaction Score
We're 4th because it is by accident counting Travis jones as a 5 star
Yup - from the 2018 AAC Recruiting Thread.
It's a mistake - he's listed as 3* in another 247 profile. They are still having accuracy/compatibility issues w/ some of their linked pages. They recently merged databases w/ Scout and they still have bugs to work out.

Reaction Score
Another sleepless night...Why you gotta do me like this Edsall???
29922471.jpg

Reaction Score
Eli Thomas‏ @Ethomasss22 2h 2 hours ago
Blessed to have received my 4th scholarship offer from the University of Connecticut. #GoHuskies

Eli Thomas is a 6-2 220lb LB/Safety from Elmira New York attending Lackawanna College (Dec Grad) Scranton PA. Other offers from CCSU, Sacred Heart and Wagner.

With both Randy/Corey sending out a tweet - I believe they have a 15th. Just not public yet.

Now...being a 19/20 y/o, he can change his mind w/ a moments notice but Thomas told Rivals this yesterday;

>>"I’m not going to commit anywhere until after the season. I’m looking for a competitive school, and one that is eager to win. I also want to be a part of a program that prepares you for the next level as well as life after football,” said Thomas. Thomas will have two years of eligibility after graduating from Lackawanna for whichever school he ends up with.<<

Damn Millennials!

Reaction Score
Hopefully we pick up a DE soon. The offers are out there.

Reaction Score
Wait...so there's a #16 too? Randy gotta stop these over 12 hour signals...they got me all confused!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With 15 names in and 10 spots left, my realistic dream list would be for six more now leaving four slots for December and January.

1) Josh Jefferson - OL
2) Welshcof or just about any DE
3) a real TE - not a tweener or project
4) Damion Daley or any DT
5) Evan Lovell if the staff thinks he can play OT - otherwise I think we have the interior covered with Jefferson and Rooney and last year's class.
6) An explosive RB
7) bonus player - it would be great to have Krajewski too for a QB in the cycle

I liked Xavier Smith's tape at LB, but with four on board this cycle he spot maybe taken now.

Also, I really think we need Travis Jones as DT to tie two guys up at a time and disrupt the interior. I'm really worried about our DL after Fatusaki departs for the NFL.

Reaction Score
Rondell Bothroyd could certainly fill the DE or TE need. Not much news about him even though he picked up a BCU offer along with Temple and several FCS. May not want to stay so close to home (goes to E O Smith), but would be a great get for the mysterious #15 commit. UConn was 1st to offer back in March with his most recent offer being from Yale in June

Reaction Score
Rondell Bothroyd could certainly fill the DE or TE need. Not much news about him even though he picked up a BCU offer along with Temple and several FCS. May not want to stay so close to home (goes to E O Smith), but would be a great get for the mysterious #15 commit. UConn was 1st to offer back in March with his most recent offer being from Yale in June

The Edsall Program is now - suddenly - HOT

It's a diametrically inverse look in 6 months. That has captured the heart of Connecticut kids. The Storrs kid certainly is quite aware of the advance. And ... we haven't plugged positionally his slot.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

After I put up my post I realized I forgot to mention Rondell. I think his potential is very high, particularly as a DE. He would be a great get. I can appreciate the thinking about getting out of town for college, but I am also hoping that is not something he needs (selfishly!).

I could also see Rondell laying low and waiting to see what an Edsall/Crocker/Rashlee team looks like this September and then surprise, we land him in October.

Reaction Score
The next guy after Ruhle ... and the staff he composed ... is a serious diminishment in a Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom