2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 47 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A good solid look at Collins and the staff he has hired ... and then the moves since ... Temple is a significant drop off of where Ruhle took them (and the Addazio/Golden run up). We (UConn - HC Randy Edsall) have a clear strategic focus ... and I perceive Collins has not got a good start. We talk a lot about Bobby Diaco: get used to my perspective. Sliding a extra-normal Assistant into the HC slot is not a slam dunk.

Reaction Score
A good solid look at Collins and the staff he has hired ... and then the moves since ... Temple is a significant drop off of where Ruhle took them (and the Addazio/Golden run up). We (UConn - HC Randy Edsall) have a clear strategic focus ... and I perceive Collins has not got a good start. We talk a lot about Bobby Diaco: get used to my perspective. Sliding a extra-normal Assistant into the HC slot is not a slam dunk.

Not sure if Collins will pay off on field, but the guy is proving to be the solid recruiter he's known to be. I'd suggest they're ahead of us on recruiting front at this stage (and I like what we are doing).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
247 has been busy today adding star ratings to all our recruits. Looks like we will land in 10th for AAC recruiting and somewhere in the 80s nationally once it washes through the system correctly. They have not counted Eli Thomas yet. Travis Jones in their correction was scored just an 80 when I think this kid is an 85 and best prospect on our list this year.

Connecticut 2018 Football Commits

Reaction Score
247 has been busy today adding star ratings to all our recruits. Looks like we will land in 10th for AAC recruiting and somewhere in the 80s nationally once it washes through the system correctly. They have not counted Eli Thomas yet. Travis Jones in their correction was scored just an 80 when I think this kid is an 85 and best prospect on our list this year.

Connecticut 2018 Football Commits

Yeah, I poked Steve W on Travis last night... Rivals has us @ 81 nationally but there was movement by others since yesterday.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Bro, you have confused Zavier Scott with Xavier Smith.

And this tweet blows up my guess yesterday that perhaps Eli Thomas took Xavier Smith's spot in the recruiting class given we have four or five LBs at this point.

Reaction Score
Bro, you have confused Zavier Scott with Xavier Smith.

And this tweet blows up my guess yesterday that perhaps Eli Thomas took Xavier Smith's spot in the recruiting class given we have four or five LBs at this point.

My bad - multitasking on road and not first time I have mixed up names - good catch. Thx.

Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything on Dillon Harris? Someone on GameTime said he's no longer committed. He has #JUCOPRODUCT on his twitter bio and nothing about UConn, although he has retweeted some stuff and has his commitment pinned

Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything on Dillon Harris? Someone on GameTime said he's no longer committed. He has #JUCOPRODUCT on his twitter bio and nothing about UConn, although he has retweeted some stuff and has his commitment pinned

Well, since you called it out - I saw that comment on GameTime to my comment that he has been missing since they published the list and I also noticed the 860.570 and JUCO notation on his Twitter page (570 is the area code for Scranton PA ;)). There is something in the winds but not sure why or if official or set in concrete.

Reaction Score
Well, since you called it out - I saw that comment on GameTime to my comment that he has been missing since they published the list and I also noticed the 860.570 and JUCO notation on his Twitter page (570 is the area code for Scranton PA ;)). There is something in the winds but not sure why or if official or set in concrete.
I'm wondering if it's something with grades. If that's the case then the best case scenario is juco->storrs

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Although you can't read too much into it, it's nice that DE Turay, DT McCracken and MLB Smith tweeted their Uconn offers yesterday. I think it suggusts we are still in the mix. Another intriguing player is Duquan Jackson at OLB who is a tackling machine with a nose for the football. Rather Eli Thomas like. Might be able to turn Jackson to a DE depending on how he physically develops.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Perhaps I am posting a bit too frequently here, but I have to say that I got a chance this morning to watch the film on those two recent Texas offers; Willis and Ofori-Nyadu and wow, both look like really good players. Willis is lean right now, but he looks like he will fill out some. He's got great speed, catching radius and hands. He caught some balls in traffic very nicely. He is more of a pass catching TE, but I think he will develop some decent blocking ability. Ofori-Nyadu is just plain solid at OT. Plays with balance and tremendous lower body strength and unlike some of the OL recruits we see in the Northeast, he is doing it against kids that bring some beef. He might not have the prototypical long arms of an OT, but it didn't seem to diminish his effectiveness. Grimes would need to "bake" Ofori-Nyadu for just one year before he could play for us and probably be a three year starter here.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Perhaps I am posting a bit too frequently here, but I have to say that I got a chance this morning to watch the film on those two recent Texas offers; Willis and Ofori-Nyadu and wow, both look like really good players. Willis is lean right now, but he looks like he will fill out some. He's got great speed, catching radius and hands. He caught some balls in traffic very nicely. He is more of a pass catching TE, but I think he will develop some decent blocking ability. Ofori-Nyadu is just plain solid at OT. Plays with balance and tremendous lower body strength and unlike some of the OL recruits we see in the Northeast, he is doing it against kids that bring some beef. He might not have the prototypical long arms of an OT, but it didn't seem to diminish his effectiveness. Grimes would need to "bake" Ofori-Nyadu for just one year before he could play for us and probably be a three year starter here.

no such thing as posting too frequently my friend. the more discussion the merrier! thanks for the scout on these two guys, I agree on Willis, I think he could be a good player with a RS year and some coaching on blocking technique.

Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List (Click on commit's name for highlight video)
  1. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  2. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer)
  3. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT (Diaco Staff Offer)
  4. Eyabi Anoma (DE) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore MD (Diaco Staff Offer)
  5. Qadir White (OT) - Cardinal Hayes High School, Bronx NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  6. Kirby Bennet (RB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  7. Eriq Gilyard (LB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  8. Elijah Wade (DE) - Arbor View High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  9. Drue Jackson (WR) - Sachse High School, Sachse Texas
  10. Tyreke Johnson (DB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  11. Marcellus Earlington (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  12. Stevie Scott III (RB/LB) - Christian Brother Academy, Syracuse, NY
  13. Nikko Hall (WR/S) - Calabasas High School, Calabasas CA
  14. Tyler Friday (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  15. Lancine Turay (DE) - Irvington High School, Irvington, New Jersey
  16. Kevin Brennan (S/RB) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  17. Jarrett Patterson (OL) - Mission Viejo High School, Mission Viejo California
  18. Sidney Murray (LB/DE) - Foster High School, Richmond Texas>Cisco Junior College, Cisco Texas
  19. Ta'zhawn Henry (RB/APB) - Lamar High School, Houston Texas
  20. Dez Boykin (WR) - Whitehall High School, Whitehall PA
  21. Parker Devine (DE/OLB) - Bartram Trail High School, Jacksonville Florida
  22. Michael Barrett (QB/ATH) - Lowndes High School, Valdosta, Georgia
  23. TJ Bradley (OT) - Tuscarora High School, Leesburg, VA>>Lackawanna College, Scranton PA
  24. Jacob Isaia (OL) - Bishop Gorman High School Las Vegas, Nevada
  25. Chris Mitchell (CB) - Mission Viejo High School Mission Viejo CA
  26. Evan Fields (OL/DL) - East Coweta High School, Sharpsburg, Georgia
  27. Javian Hawkins (RB) - Cocoa High School, Cocoa Florida
  28. DaeJuan Sanders (RB/Safety) - Highland Regional High School, Blackwood New Jersey
  29. Steven Krajewski (QB) - Colquitt County High School, Moultrie Georgia
  30. Xavier Smith (LB/RB) - Brooke Point High School, Stafford Virginia
  31. Colby Sorsdal (OL/DL) - Mt. Lebanon High School, Pittsburgh, PA
  32. Joshua Ezeudu (OL) - Archer High School, Lawrenceville, Georgia
  33. Carter Bradley (QB) - Providence High School, Jacksonville Florida
  34. Myjai Sanders (DE) - Raines High School, Jacksonville Florida
  35. Brian Asamoah (LB/RB) - St. Francis DeSales High School, Columbus Ohio
  36. Bebee Landon (OL) - Webb City High School, Webb City Missouri
  37. Damion Daley (DE/DT) - Ridge View High School, Columbia South Carolina
  38. Kylen McCracken (DL/OL) - Cleveland Heights High School, Cleveland Ohio
  39. Amelio Moran (OL) - Princess Anne High School, Virginia Beach Virginia
  40. Dequan Jackson (LB) - Robert E. Lee High School, Jacksonville Florida
  41. Kavosiey Smoke (RB/LB) - Wetumpka High School, Wetumpka, Alabama
  42. Julius Welschof (DE/TE) Miesbach, Germany
  43. Josh Jefferson (OL) - St. John's College High School Washington, DC
  44. Brayden Willis (TE) - James Martin High School, Arlington Texas
  45. Noel Ofori-Nyadu (OL) Mansfield Timberview High School, Arlington Texas
  46. Kevon Jones (LB/SS) - East Hartford High School, East Hartford CT (UConn Commit 2/25/17)
  47. Dillon Harris (LB)- Cheshire Academy via Bloomfield CT (UConn Commit 4/5/17)
  48. Malik Xavier Banks (DB) - Howard High School, Wilmington Delaware (UConn Commit 6/15/17)
  49. Khyon Gillespie (RB/Safety) - Capital Prep Magnet School, Hartford CT (UConn Commit 6/16/17
  50. Hunter Webb (LB) - Loyalsock Township High School, Williamsport PA (UConn Commit 6/22/17)
  51. Oneil Robinson (WR/DB) - Capital Prep Magnet School, Hartford CT (UConn Commit 6/24/17)
  52. Heron Maurisseau-ONeal (WR/DB) - St. Anthony's High School, Melville New York (UConn Commit 6/24/17)
  53. Jordan Morrison (WR/Athlete) - Steinert High School, Hamilton Twnshp/Trenton New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/25/17)
  54. Francis Bemiy Jr. (LB/RB) - Montreal Canada>Carnegie Schools Riverside, Riverside CA (UConn Commit 7/23/17)
  55. Ryan Carroll (DB) - Potomac High School, Oxon Hill Maryland (UConn Commit 7/24/17)
  56. Travis Jones (OL) - Wilbur Cross High School, New Haven CT (Rutgers Commit 6/23/17>Decommit 6/24/17>UConn Commit 7/26/17)
  57. Shamel Lazarus (DB) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn New York (UConn Commit 7/27/17)
  58. Peter Rooney (OL) - Westminster High School, Atlanta Georgia (UConn Commit 7/28/17)
  59. Elijah Jeffreys (QB/WR) - Somerville High School, Somerville MA (UConn Commit 7/31/17)
  60. Eli Thomas (LB/Safety) - Elmira New York>>Lackawanna College, Scranton PA (UConn Commit 8/1/17)
  61. Liam Maloney (OL/TE/DL) - Holy Trinity/Notre Dame Bishop Gibbons High School, Schenectady New York (UConn Commit 8/3/17)
  62. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  63. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  64. Palaie Gaoteote ( LB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (USCw Commit 2/20/17)
  65. Elijah Teague (DT) - Marist High School, Chicago Illinois (Minnesota Commit 2/25/17)
  66. Jalil Irvin (OL) - Stephenson High School, Stone Mountain Georgia (Auburn Commit 3/9/17)
  67. Michael Furtney (OL) - Milan High School, Milan Michigan (Wisconsin Commit 3/14/17)
  68. Nihym Anderson (LB) - Vineland Senior High School South, Vineland New Jersey (Maryland Commit 4/13/17)
  69. Brendan Radley-Hiles (CB) - Calabasas, CA>IMG Academy Bradenton Florida (Nebraska Commit 4/14/17)
  70. Manuel Allen (WR/CB) - Centennial High School, Corona California (USC Commit>Decommit 2/24/17>Nebraska Commit 4/15/17)
  71. Brevin Jordan (TE/OLB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (University of Miami Commit 4/16/17)
  72. Gemon Green (CB) - Desoto High School, Desoto Texas (Michigan Commit 4/20/17)
  73. Shocky Jacques-Louis (WR/ATH) - Dunbar High School , Ft Myers, Florida (Kentucky Commit 4/21/17)
  74. Jamarcus Chapman (DE) - Rome High School, Rome Georgia (LSU Commit 4/22/17)
  75. Dorian Thompson-Robinson (QB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (UCLA Commit 4/23/17)
  76. Leddie Brown (RB) - Smyrna High School, Smyrna Delaware (WVA Commit 4/30/17)
  77. Tyler Lacy (DE) - Sachse High School, Sachse Texas (Oklahoma State Commit 4/30/17)
  78. Re-Al Mitchell (QB) - St. John Bosco High School, Bellflower, CA (Iowa State Commit 5/1/17)
  79. Christian Morgan (DB/LB) - Porter High School, Porter Texas (Baylor Commit 5/1/17)
  80. Joshua Landry (DT) - Lamar High School, Houston Texas (Baylor Commit 5/5/17)
  81. Chase Wolf (QB) - Xavier High School, Cincinnati Ohio (Wisconsin Commit 5/5/17)
  82. Evan Stewart (Safety) - St. Joe's Regional High School, Montvale New Jersey (BC Commit 5/6/17)
  83. Quintin Wilson (OL) -Walnut Hills High School, Cincinnati Ohio (Kentucky Commit 5/14/17)
  84. Jake Kradel (OL) - Butler High School, Butler PA (Pitt Commit 5/30/17)
  85. Wendell Davis (LB) - Benedictine Prep, Richmond VA (Pitt Commit 6/2/17)
  86. Bobby Haskins (TE) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT>> The Hun School Princeton New Jersey (UVA Commit 6/3/17)
  87. Ja'Mion Franklin (DT) - North Caroline High School, Ridgley Maryland (Notre Dame Commit 6/6/17)
  88. David Bailey (RB) - North Caroline High School, Ridgley Maryland (BC Commit 6/6/17)
  89. Brock Sturges (RB) - Allen High School, Allen Texas (Arizona State Commit 6/9/17)
  90. Brad Cecil (OL) - Bartram Trail High School, Jacksonville Florida (USF Commit 6/9/17)
  91. Zareon Hayes (LB/DE) - Dillon High School, Dillon South Carolina (App State Commit 6/11/17)\
  92. Julian Sams (OL/DL) - Liberty High School, Bealton VA (ODU Commit 6/12/17)
  93. Jeslord Boateng (LB/DE) - Coffman High School, Dublin, Ohio (Michigan State Commit 6/12/17)
  94. Keli'i Montibon (G/T) - Kamehameha High School, Kea'au Hawaii>>Riverside City College, Riverside CA (Oregon State Commit 6/13/17)
  95. Johnathon Huggins (Safety/WR) - Pine Ridge High School, Deltona Florida (FSU Commit 6/14/17)
  96. George Takacs (TE/WR) - Gulf Coast High School, Naples Florida (Notre Dame Commit 6/14/17)
  97. D'Marcus Adams (WR) - Mainland High School, Daytona Florida (FSU Commit 6/14/17)
  98. Gavin Schoenwald (TE/QB) - Brentwood Academy, Brentwood Tennessee (Vanderbilt Commit 6/15/17)
  99. Elijah Jones (DB/WR) - Cardinal Hayes High School, Bronx New York (BC Commit 6/16/17)
  100. Nikko Remigio (WR) - Mater Dei High School, Santa Ana, CA (Cal Commit 6/16/17)
  101. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY (Diaco Staff Offer)(tOSU Commit 6/17/17)
  102. Chris Bleich (OL/DL) - Wyoming Valley West High School, Plymouth PA (Penn State Decommit 4/21/17>>UCLA Commit 6/19/17)
  103. Daevon Robinson (WR/DE/Athlete) - Shawnee High School, Medford New Jersey (NC State Commit 6/20/17)
  104. Dylan Hopkins (QB) - Maryville High School, Maryville Tennessee (UAB Commit 6/21/17)
  105. Isaih Pachero (RB/DB/QB/ATH) - Vineland Senior High School South, Vineland New Jersey (Rutgers Commit 6/21/17)
  106. Evan Boozer (DT) - Loyola Blakefield High School, Towson Maryland (Temple Commit 6/23/17)
  107. Turon "TJ" Ivy (TE/WR) - Marist High School, Chicago Illinois (WVU Commit 6/23/17)
  108. Ugo Obasi (WR) - Milford Mill Academy High School, Baltimore MD (UVA Commit 6/23/17)
  109. Matt Alaimo (TE) - St. Joe's Regional High School, Montvale New Jersey (Pitt Commit 6/24/17)
  110. Jasiah Provillion (WR) - Irvington High School, Irvington New Jersey (NC State Commit 6/24/17)
  111. Jimmy Mckenna (OL) - Avon High School in Avon Ohio (Purdue Commit 6/24/17)
  112. Matt Rosso (OL/DL) - Pennsbury High School, Fairless Hills, PA (Rutgers Commit 6/24/17)
  113. Taj Harris (WR/SS) - Palmyra High School, Palmyra, New Jersey (Syracuse Commit 6/24/17)
  114. Anthony Grant (RB/Safety) - Buford High School, Buford GA (Tennessee Commit 6/25/17)
  115. Camren McDonald (TE) - Long Beach Poly High School, Long Beach California (USC Commit 6/25/17)
  116. Robert Mayo (WR/RB) - Freedom High School, South Riding Virginia (ODU Commit 6/26/17)
  117. Carson Schlecker (WR) - Allen High School, Allen Texas (Iowa State Commit 6/26/17)
  118. Aron Cruickshank (Ath/QB/WR) - Eramus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY (Wisconsin Commit 6/27/17)
  119. Jalin Cooper (WR) - Medina High School , Medina New York (Toledo Commit 6/28/17)
  120. Avery Young (DB/WR) - Coatesville High School, Coatesville PA (Rutgers Commit 6/30/17)
  121. Daniel Arias (WR/CB) - Jackson High School, Mill Creek Washington (Colorado Commit 7/3/17)
  122. Travian Blaylock (CB) - Atascocita High School, Humble Texas (Wisconsin Commit 7/6/17)
  123. Sam James Jr. (WR/CB) - Richmond Hill High School. Richmond Hill Georgia (WVA Commit 7/7/17)
  124. Mataeo Durant (RB/LB) - McCormick High School, McCormick South Carolina (Duke Commit 7/8/17)
  125. La'damian Webb (RB/DB) - Beauregard High School, Opelika Alabama (Mississippi State Commit 7/12/17)
  126. Will Levis (QB) - Xavier High School, Middletown, CT (Penn State Commit 7/15/17)
  127. Shaquon Anderson-Butts (WR/DB) - Harrisburg High School, Harrisburg PA (Penn State Commit 7/15/17)
  128. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ (Diaco Staff Offer) (Ohio State Commit 7/17/17)
  129. Jordan Mosley (LB/Safety/WR) - Havertown Township High School, Havertown PA (Maryland Commit 7/18/17)
  130. Kesean Carter (WR/KR/PR) - The Woodlands, Woodland Texas (Texas Tech Commit 7/18/17)
  131. Kyle Pitts (TE) Archbishop Woods High School, Warminster PA (Florida Commit 7/20/17)
  132. Christoph Henle (TE/DE) - The Oakridge School, Arlington Texas (Baylor Commit 7/21/17)
  133. Jalen Nailor (WR) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (ASU Commit 7/22/17)
  134. Cameron Taylor (WR) - Park Crossing High School, Montgomery Alabama (Missouri Commit 7/23/17)
  135. Jahlil Ryles(OL) - Central High School, Phenix City Alabama (MTSU Commit 7/25/17)
  136. Luke Schoonmaker (TE/QB) - Hamden Hall Country Day School, Hamden CT (Michigan Commit 7/25/17)
  137. Jermaine Waller (DB) - The Avalon School, Gaithersburg Maryland (VaTech Commit 7/27/17)
  138. Lichon Terrell (DL) - Callaway High School, Hogansville Georgia (WKU Commit 7/28/17)
  139. Devon Matthews (DB) - Jean Ribault High School, Jacksonville Florida (USF Commit 7/29/17)
  140. Adonis Boone (OL) - Mainland High School, Daytona Florida (USF Commit 7/30/17)
  141. Vincent Davis Jr (DB) - Robert E Lee High School, Jacksonville Florida (USF Commit 7/30/17)
  142. Eugene Bowman (DB) - Robert E. Lee High School, Jacksonville Florida (USF Commit 7/30/17)
  143. Justin Johnson (OL) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA (Oregon Commit 7/31/17)
  144. Will Choloh (DL) - Archer High School, Lawrenceville Georgia (Georgia State Commit 7/1/17>Decommit 7/30/17.Georgia Southern Commit 8/1/17)
  145. Connor Galvin (OL) - Katy High School, Katy Texas (Baylor Commit 8/1/17)
  146. Rondell Bothroyd (TE/DE) - E.O. Smith High School, Storrs-Mansfield CT (Temple Commit 8/2/17)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nine seats left: Here's a hypothetical of how those seats could be filled.

1) Josh Jefferson OG/C
2) Xavier Smith ILB - staff appears to continue to pursue him given his tweet this week. He has been on campus.
3) Lancine Turay DE - we have visited him in school, has tweeted our offer. Seems to be between us and Rutty.
4) Krajewski QB - has us a high choice.
5) Kylen McCracken DT - retweeted our offer, mostly G5 for other offers.
6) Brayden Willis TE - has over 10 offers, but mostly G5. I think the selling point is that his competition when he gets here is limited.
7) Noel Ofori-Nyadu OL - Mostly G5 for other offers.
8) RB????
9) Dequan Jackson OLB - has many offers, but mostly G5. USF already has 26 commitments, so maybe we get a closer look. Explosive player.

Based on the above we take only 1 TE and 2RBs (Gillespie and TBD) this class which is disconcerting. TE, RB and DL will likely be a transfer/JUCO priority next spring unless we get some surprises with our remaining spots.

Speculative placement of players by position - yes I have moved some players around:

QB - 1 - Krajewski
RB - 2 - Gillespie & TBD
OL - 4 - Rooney, Maloney, Jefferson, Nyadu
WR - 3 - Jeffreys, Robinson, Maurisseasu-ONeil,
TE - 1 - Willis
DL - 4 - T. Jones, Bemiy, Turay, McCracken,
LB - 6 - K. Jones, Harris, Webb, Thomas (Juco), Smith, Jackson
DB - 4 - Banks, Morrison, Carroll, Lazarus

Last edited:
Reaction Score

1) Josh Jefferson OG/C
2) Xavier Smith ILB - staff appears to continue to pursue him given his tweet this week. He has been on campus.
3) Lancine Turay DE - we have visited him in school, has tweeted our offer. Seems to be between us and Rutty.
6) Brayden Willis TE - has over 10 offers, but mostly G5. I think the selling point is that his competition when he gets here is limited.
8) RB????
9) Dequan Jackson OLB - has many offers, but mostly G5. USF already has 26 commitments, so maybe we get a closer look. Explosive player.

Based on the above we take only 1 TE and 2RBs (Gillespie and TBD) this class which is disconcerting. TE, RB and DL will likely be a transfer/JUCO priority next spring unless we get some surprises with our remaining spots.

Speculative placement of players by position - yes I have moved some players around:

QB - 1 - Krajewski
RB - 2 - Gillespie & TBD
OL - 4 - Rooney, Maloney, Jefferson, Nyadu
WR - 3 - Jeffreys, Robinson, Maurisseasu-ONeil,
TE - 1 - Willis
DL - 4 - T. Jones, Bemiy, Turay, McCracken,
LB - 6 - K. Jones, Harris, Webb, Thomas (Juco), Smith, Jackson
DB - 4 - Banks, Morrison, Carroll, Lazarus
uhh I think we need about six more TE's.

Reaction Score

1) Josh Jefferson OG/C
8) RB????

We weren't in Jackson's released Top 10 - not convinced he will wander this far north.
I think Turay goes P5 - he has plenty of options.
I think they also have a legitimate shot @ pulling in DE Julius Welschof in the end.

I also believe there are folks on current roster that will be recruited over by signing day so I'm not locked on the scholarship number count per se...

Reaction Score
We weren't in Jackson's released Top 10 - not convinced he will wander that far north.
I think Turay goes P5 - he has plenty of options.
I think they also have a legitimate shot @ pulling in DE Julius Welschof in the end.

I also believe there are folks on current roster that will be recruited over by signing day so I'm not locked on the scholarship number count per se...

Can you go over 25 even with defections?

Reaction Score
Can you go over 25 even with defections?

Games.

You get 25. But you can tag a few guys that arrive in January 2018 to the 2017 class. And likewise, you can Greyshirt a few into the 2019 class. Preferred Walk ons are to be watched as well.

I am sure we all remember Terry Richardson. In HCRE 1.0, you would hear virtually zip from TR until about January 12. Then suddenly, you would get two weeks of Florida kids visit Storrs and a handful of commits. Like? Jasper Howard & Darius Butler etc. I see no reason over the years that this won't happen in HCRE 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom