2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else worried we don't have a QB locked up yet?

Nope... my opinion is that w/ what we currently have on roster and what is coming in this summer (and class yr spread) - 2018 is less critical for just grabbing a QB for just the sake of grabbing a QB. Until Re-Al committed to Iowa State, he was the only known QB offer. I'm more comfortable w/ Lashlee having a plan than previous cycles.

Reaction Score
I also like what we have coming in but I am a believer in always getting a QB every class because you never know who pans out, transfers, etc. At least we know we have Bisack in the fold.

Reaction Score
I also like what we have coming in but I am a believer in always getting a QB every class because you never know who pans out, transfers, etc.

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't recruit a QB for 2018, just that I'm not worried that we don't have one locked down in June.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm not arguing that they shouldn't recruit a QB for 2018, just that I'm not worried that we don't have one locked down in June.

I'm least worried about the QB position than any position on this team. I'm confident that between Sherriffs, Bisack, Pindell, Washington, McAfee and Williams, Lashlee will be able to generate the best play we have seen out of this position since 2010 - particularly by the end of the season.

This staff is aiming higher and farther than any in history for UConn. Thus we have to expect we'll have fewer verbals this summer as the higher level kids we are seeking are likely to want to see how RE 2.0 looks on the field this fall. That said, pulling in kids with great junior tapes is something we are unlikely to do this year (as we rarely have in the past either) until the program has clearly turned a corner. Instead, the real difference making time for RE 2.0 will be in December when those late bloomers, as in those kids who have great senior seasons (and post grad seasons) when the big programs are out of slots. Thats what we did last January. This year the staff will being doing the same, but with the advantage of starting the late bloomer pursuit in December.

Bottomline, they are not settling this time. They are waiting to find kids that can help make a real difference, not just help the scout team and make us feel like something is happening this summer.

And all this pavement they are pounding hopefully sets them up well for transfers and other like situations in the years to come.

Reaction Score
Nope... my opinion is that w/ what we currently have on roster and what is coming in this summer (and class yr spread) - 2018 is less critical for just grabbing a QB for just the sake of grabbing a QB. Until Re-Al committed to Iowa State, he was the only known QB offer. I'm more comfortable w/ Lashlee having a plan than previous cycles.
I agree but let's hope what we currently have and that's coming in this Fall can hold things down with arguably (still way to easy to argue against it at the momeht) shaky OL... We need a guy back there that can make things happen.. NOW...

Reaction Score
I'm least worried about the QB position than any position on this team. I'm confident that between Sherriffs, Bisack, Pindell, Washington, McAfee and Williams, Lashlee will be able to generate the best play we have seen out of this position since 2010 - particularly by the end of the season.

This staff is aiming higher and farther than any in history for UConn. Thus we have to expect we'll have fewer verbals this summer as the higher level kids we are seeking are likely to want to see how RE 2.0 looks on the field this fall. That said, pulling in kids with great junior tapes is something we are unlikely to do this year (as we rarely have in the past either) until the program has clearly turned a corner. Instead, the real difference making time for RE 2.0 will be in December when those late bloomers, as in those kids who have great senior seasons (and post grad seasons) when the big programs are out of slots. Thats what we did last January. This year the staff will being doing the same, but with the advantage of starting the late bloomer pursuit in December.

Bottomline, they are not settling this time. They are waiting to find kids that can help make a real difference, not just help the scout team and make us feel like something is happening this summer.

And all this pavement they are pounding hopefully sets them up well for transfers and other like situations in the years to come.

I'm glad I kept reading past your first comment. I agree with the rest and I am happy to have RE2.0 back. I hope the strategy they implement does well for this cycle and for transfers down the road.

To say QB is the position group you are least worried about is insane.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm glad I kept reading past your first comment. I agree with the rest and I am happy to have RE2.0 back. I hope the strategy they implement does well for this cycle and for transfers down the road.

To say QB is the position group you are least worried about is insane.

I think David Pindell and Marvin Washington have the potential to be our best QBs since Danny O. I'm very bullish on both. And I should not sleep on MacAfee. I think three years from now we may look back at UConn football at look at the hiring of RE 2.0 is critical step one and landing Pindell (away from Temple) as critical step two.

David Pindell on Hudl <--shades of Russell Wilson

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
love how we've expanded our recruiting areas... this to me is more like leaving no stone unturned....

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A name like "Brock Sturges" and being from Texas seems like a lock for a Sunday football future.

When we offered him he had 3 other offers... McNeese State, Nevada and Steven F Austin. He's @ 24 today.

Reaction Score
I really need to see some names highlighted in blue!!!!! It is great we are expanding our recruiting, but let's get some commits!!!!!

Reaction Score
Bebee 74‏ @BebeeLandon 33m 33 minutes ago
Blessed to receive an offer from UConn!!#ItsEarnedNotGiven #G2G

Bebee Landon is a 6-3 295lb OL from Webb City High School in Webb City Missouri. Other offers from
Air Force, Army, EKU, Georgia St, Indiana St, Jacksonville St, Missouri St, Murray St, South Dakota, So. Dakota St, Southeast Missouri St, Southern Illinois, Tennessee-Martin and Western Illinois.

I worked in Joplin, MO just south of town. That's an elite football program in state and I think has spent time in USA Today's top 25 in past years.

Reaction Score
Will Levis from Xavier has now been offered by Iowa and UNC.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads